Mystery Object (Track, Supports, or something else?)

JubJester

I am pretty sure the King Cobra track pieces were photographed during a Beastbuzz backstage tour in 2006. See this video:

Very interesting... do you know if they will do this again? Or was it just for Paramount to show it off before selling it?

It actually did come back for 2013 and 2014. In 2014, instead of Son of Beast, since that had been demolished by 2014, Banshee & Diamondback got a backstage tour along with Beast. Not sure if they went past "The Graveyard" though. Info from...

http://coasterbuzz.com/Content/BeastBuzz

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty neat pictures. That's dedication, build it up, test it, ride it. I'm sure make adjustments. Tear it down, ship it overseas, rebuild it, probably test some more.

That's how many Japanese companies perform business. In my line of work we sometimes get new machines to replace old ones during a machining retooling, production capacity expansion, or as part of a new contact with companies we supply parts to. However our "new" machines are usually many months old and have been through run offs, testing, debugging, and qualification prior to being broken into smaller pieces for shipment across the Pacific Ocean.

• Like 3

Interesting.....

I've experienced the exact opposite, increasingly more so in the last decade. The vast majority of all the machinery/tooling received stateside purchased by me or my customers has had very little, if any at all, pre-production testing. Poorly translated documentation. No prints and certainly no support besides what you can get from the distributor if arranged prior to purchase.

We've developed a division within our company that is soley dedicated to testing, debugging, documenting and reverse engineering such equipment for smooth operation by the end user either on site or at our plant. This has turned out to be a very wise decision as it has been the highest grossing division in the company the last few years.

I'm sure this varies depending on the supplier but based off the profits and sales figures I've seen it must be somewhat common.

• Like 4

Different philosophies can provide similar results. Conducting business is never cut and dry or right and wrong if successful. I will say though that following TPS (Toyota Production System) has many benefits which is another discussion altogether.

I've been lucky to have grown within my company for almost a decade, and having started there while young I never truly got to see a company that follows "bad" practices. Many times newer employees from all backgrounds and age ranges have filled me in on some things that companies that have failed have in common.

• Like 2