10/04 Fearfest

teenageninja

Well I picked up Pat and we made our way to the park after he did some tech support on a compuer off of Fields Ertle. We parked in the park he got his 2004 Season pass.

Son of Beast- Running great this year, I was very pleasently suprised and happy that it was an ok thing to say I liked the ride.

Pat left his camera in my car so we went out and grabbed it and went to...

Route 666- One of the best Fearfest creations ever, except the Freezer, which was definitely the best. The line was long though (2 hours), almost worth it though.

We decided to go fly a few flights

Flying Eagles- Snapping wasn't bad tonight but the employee there was, very rude and didn't seem to give a care if he got fired or not, I won't mention his name though.

We were going to report him to an area manager at....

Beast- Running very good again, great ride never been better, but I'm sure it'll even get better.

We tried Bowler Rowler grabbed some water and headed to...

Vortex- Was down so we didn't ride it.

We were a little bumbed and went to....

Maze of Madness- Horrid attempt. It seems every year it goes farther down the hill. The strobes were so bright you could see the speakers and the roof, and the layout was not confusing at all, come on PKI.

We attempted to go to Psycho Path, but the line was too long so we headed to...

Flight of Fear- We had some trouble getting in so we didn't ride.

That was our night, on our way out we saw Jesus (Jeffery Siebert) and talked to him for a few and we made our trip home happy.

Edited by teenageninja

Sounds like you had fun. I had homecoming tonight so i didn't get to go but I will be going this coming saturday. I was wondering about the Route 666. SO it is worth It? I remember last year I thought Psyco Path was going to be great, but last yearit sucked IMO. They had the right idea just not scary enough. I thought that was how Route 666 was going to be this ear, but I hope it is good. Do they actually jump on your car and stuff? If so that will be awesome. I also want to know if they just stand in the middle of the road, that would be cool, I be tthe part of the coverd bridge is sweet too. I cant wait.

Can you please tell me if in your opinion the park is more crowded than on past FearFests?

Mrs. Chef went on opening night last year and did ALL of the haunted mazes, attractions, and even the tasteless Celebrity Slaughter show in 3 hours! If you waitied 2 hours for one attraction.......it sounds like the park was packed.

When I learned that PKI would give free FearFest to all season pass holders, I was very disappointed because that means longer lines. Though I am not in any way wealthy....I'd rather pay $20 extra for short lines and be able to enjoy all the attractions in 3 hours than get in free but spend hours and hours on lines. That's my 2 cents anyway.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

Well, this is how my weekend went with my visit to Fearfest, we arrived at the park on Saturday around 3:30 or so, first stop was to buy our Third Eye Blind tickets, then onto the haunted houses-first stop was The House of Darkness, 30 minute wait, about the same as last year, changed a few things. Nothing too eventful. Next stop was the Maze of Madness, 10 minute wait, pretty good in my opinion, lots of fog effects, kept getting caught in the "dead ends" and had to turn around, took about 10 minutes to find our way out, liked this the best of all attractions.

Next was the Curse of the Crypt, 40 minute wait, only thing that I really remember that was eventful was you have to get down on your hands and knees and crawl through a tunnel and when you crawled over the plexiglass a light would come on and you could see someone underneath of you, very dark in the tunnel and hard to find your way unless you hold onto the shoes of the person in front of you. If you're afraid of small, dark spaces I wouldn't recommend this. Next we attempted to go to Elvira's Superstition, it was broke down and we never did go back to see if it was open. At about 7:30 we headed over to get in line for Rt. 666, we had to wait all the way over across from Paradise Island (the smoothie place), we waited for 2 hours to ride, it was good but not that good. Really creepy being out in the open and just waiting for things to jump out at you. Nobody jumps on the cars or anything, just things jump out from the scenery, best part was not knowing what was around the next corner. My favorite was the "toxic guy" getting sick, looked so real! Then we tried to go to the Psycho Path, the line was horrible as usual so we didn't even attempt to wait, heard others talking about it and said it was the same as last years so we decided to bypass this one. Then the last thing was the Circus of Horrors, terrible in my opinion. Didn't have the same music as in the past, really did make a difference, not as many things jumping out either.

Overall, kind of a disappointment, maybe since I've been there every year since they started it I've just gotten used to it and know what to expect. The theming in the park was not as good as before, lots of open areas that I remember things being decorated and were not this year. One thing we really missed, maybe we were just in the wrong places, but we didn't see any "sliders" at all, just a few were dressed up and wondering around and scaring people. Hardly any fog is being used this year also. We didn't even attempt the rides, so not for sure what the lines were like for those, we came for the haunted attractions and was going to wait on the rides for Sunday. Because of temperatures on Saturday night we were planning on staying in the campground and instead stayed at the Ramada, nice hotel, inside pool, hot tub, had fun there. Went again to the park on Sunday, first stop was Scooby's Castle, we had to wait behind the ropes to get into HB land, think that Dragon Lord was monitoring this site, we were far enough back that I couldn't see his name tag and was going to try and introduce myself but when the rope was released the crowd pushed so fast I didn't get a chance to speak to him. Got 2 quick rides on SDHC with no waiting in lines. We then went on the Pumpkin Patch Express, overall cute setup, kids get to pick out a free miniature pumpkin, then on towards Ghastly Grove, there you can go through a maze, play games, decorate your pumpkin and such, we were there when it first opened so it was rather quiet. Really nice for the little ones, mine is 14 years old so he didn't get a whole lot out of it. Most of the rides were walk ons, Vortex, TR:TR, SOB, Delirium, AE, the most that we waited for any line was about 15 minutes was for the Sponge Bob theatre and then after waiting in line, we got seated and there was no sound! We waited like 5 minutes or so for the film to cycle so they could try it again and still didn't work, so they cleared eveyone out. Oh well, I've been on it several times before, just felt kinda sorry for the little kids that were so expecting to see this and didn't get to. Had a good 2 day trip, weather was nice, the lines weren't really that bad, just for Rt 666 which was to be expected since it was new. Hopefully they aren't done with the decorating since it was only opening weekend. I'll be going again for the concert on the 18th so maybe I'll see a difference then.

tongue.gif

To me, it seemed that Coney Mall was much more crowded then last year, as were the attractions. I was down by FOF on Saturday night, and you couldn't move. The line for Psyco Path was out past under The Racers. People were none to happy about it, either. A lady behind me was ramming her stroller up the back of my legs. Ah, the joys of being a PKI employee.

I agree that FearFest was better last season as well. One main thing that seemed to be lacking was the theming. Last year, Coney Mall was engulfed in fog. This year, the only fog was used on the haunts. Also, last year, they changed the lights on the games building in Coney Maul to red lights and the Pizza stand in Rivertown the lights were changed to purple lights. This year, they didn`t change any lights. Also, the area back by Flight of Fear was really congested this year. So much so that you had to almost fight your way to get back to FoF. Also, the line fot Psycho Path was insane, and slow moving, which was probably complicated by the fact that it appeared people who were checking where the line started were actually getting in line ahead of us! I would much rather have gone to last year`s Fear Fest again and pay to get in then to go to this year`s for free with a season pass. I was just generally disappointed after having such an awesome experience at FearFest last year.

some thing that they could inprove in is the time the workers tell you when you enter the lines b/c when i enterd the psyco path line the lady told me 50 min then 20 min later a lady said 30 min then they said 60 min. and i think they should have more goons ruming around in the park like universal studieos fright of night or what ever they call it.

Speaking as a person who formally was in charge of a few of the 'house' lines...I could actually understand being told different wait times. That can change constantly...it's pure guesswork...depends on the size of the groups being sent in, the amount of time between each group sent in, if there are any delays, technical problems, and as I said - pure guessing...these things change minute to minute. I know in the past we'd send anywhere from 6 to 14 people in at a time...sometimes as often as every 20-30 seconds...it truly does change.

Unfortunatly the lack of atmosphere decorations is yet another side effect of the free admission to FearFest this year. The park is concerned that because the event is free there will be an increase in Families walking around at night, including those with real young kids. As a result the park decided that the scary stuff needs to be mostly confined inside the houses....and the the scare actors and decorations that are usually outside were to be not so scary/non-existant.

As for the Ushers telling people lots of different line times. SML hit the nail right on the head (He knows) The line times are pure guesses becuase the timing of the houses change almost every 15 minutes. The send more people through and put less time between groups, or they put more time inbetween and less people...it is constantly changing.

I'm not a big fan of their haunted house because they're cheezy and stupid, but I do like being able to ride so late at night.

Saturday, I got there around 8:00 and the lines were too long to do pretty much anything. Later in the night it wasn't too bad. I got to marathon Face/Off like 4 times right at close.. that usually has a pretty long line.

Sat was a little packed, but I was also at TRTR, the very LAST stop of Fearfest. WE had about a half hour line all night.

Sun, tho, I went to Fearfest, and I am not one for haunted houses (yeah, Im a chicken. I have jumpy nerves as is!), I rode the rides. I didnt go to Action Zone for any of those rides, but Coney and R-town side was deserted. We walked onto Vortex, TRTR, Beast, and FOF. The greeters for the houses were saying no lines as well.