WDW "Best Day Ever" Promo

Walt Disney World Resort has launched a new promo campaign called #BestDayEver inviting guests to upload social media photos and videos using the hashtag #WDWBDE. Original programming and guest submissions will appear on www.youtube.com/WDWBestDayEver and www.instagram.com/WDWBestDayEver.

I guess someone had to go on providing Best Days Ever while Cedar Fair parks are closed for the winter!

#KIBestDayEver

It's a small world, after all.

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, but do they have the best job ever? And did they make an awesome video about it?

-MDMC, who was a part of that video shoot...

Yes they do.

Colonel who has worked at both MK and KI. One he will return to eventually, the other probably not.

The higher pay in Ohio had nothing on the magical experiences in Florida.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of Disney promos, if you're thinking about booking a Disney hotel/ticket pkg even into next year as some on this board have expressed doing, I would suggest doing so in the next 2 weeks since there are strong indications that Disney will again raise the price of its tickets by 10% in mid-February, effective the day after they make the announcement. Last year, the ticket increase was announced on Feb. 24 so Disney is slowly creeping up its announcement date. Expect Universal (but maybe not SeaWorld?) to follow suit.

• Like 2

Got myself and my family booked! Dinner reservations already made! Just waiting for the FP+ window to open up. and honestly, if you are looking at a 3-5 day ticket you are looking at about a 30$ increase for the full 5 days.... I personally dont think its too expensive.

Plus with all of the new stuff coming in, they have to raise capital one way or the other...

• Like 3

As Terpy and many others have said again and again, Disney will continue to raise prices because people will gladly continue to pay them. Even during the recession a few years ago, Disney raised prices (though did it with very little fanfare). The resort still has ample room to grow for the next 25+ years, so I wouldn't expect any flatlining prices anytime soon.

When I booked my package for April, there were no promos, but in late December, Disney released their Spring promo, which gave me about 20% off my package, plus Disney added a free day to my 4 day hopper ticket (any hopper ticket 4 days and up gets a free day, with a maximum stay of 14 days I believe), thus ensuring that my kids and I will be staying an extra night on property to take advantage of the deal before finishing our Spring Break trip to points a bit further south and east in Florida. Note, however, that if you have previously booked a package without the promo rates, you MUST call Disney and mention the promo in order to get the discount. The Mouse won't automatically do it for you :)

• Like 1

Between the room only promos, free dining packages, and free park days there are very few times that you can go to Disney without a discount. You should never pay full price for a Disney Trip, deals are typically around.

Check out the historical deals and release dates here.

http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/#2014

• Like 1

I think the future for the resort is building both DVC units for the swelling number of those people, plus building more suite type resorts like Animation. The last 10 years have focused on the southern end of property near AK/DHS, but Disney has a lot of unused land near the Westgate area that has been earmarked for commercial use (and has a couple of Marriott properties on it), so I would expect the next push to be that way.

• Like 1

I think Disney has somewhere around 30,000 onsite hotel rooms. That number is mind blowing and yes I agree Disney will continue to focus on Vacation Club Offerings plus hotels that fall between Value and Moderate like Art of Animation.

We must remember that average daily attendance at Magic Kingdom is 50,000 guests. To put in to more local terms as to how large that crowd is, it equates to 12% of Kentucky Kingdoms attendance goal for the entire year.

• Like 1