Kings Island Random Questions

JubJester

I'm going to go through my answers individually...

Firehawk: 8. When it first came out, I was thought it was cool because I'd never been on a flying coaster before. After that, there was a time its popularity started to wane with me because it had a super long line a lot of times and I hardly ever rode it for a few seasons. However, my interest in the ride was been deeply renewed this year (I believe it was one of my first rides of the year) and now I think it's pretty awesome!

WindSeeker: 4. It doesn't do much for me, but it was a pretty nice addition to the park.

Improvement: Other, because I really can't think of anything right now...

Next Expansion area: Soak City. I definetely think Soak City needs some more slides and I think it would be cool it there was a slide complex with a capsule drop slide and a mini-funnel tube slide (like at Kentucky Kingdom) that occupied the green space near Tidal Wave Bay.

EDIT: Changed numbers to reflect my change in vote.

• Like 3

My votes:

Firehawk: 8 out of 10

A decent, fairly cheap major coaster addition to the park. It was a style of coaster the park lacked at the time, and it's a good ride. Too bad it's capacity stinks though.

WindSeeker: 6 out of 10

A good ride, and I enjoyed it, but I deduct points for the park's sake due to all the issues the ride had its first few years. While there were no major mechanical problems in 2014, wind remains an enemy of this attraction. Would have been a 8 if not for these problems. Still a pretty decent addition to a lacking flat ride lineup, though.

What Type of Addition I'd Like to See Most: Other. See below.

Section of Park that needs new ride: Soak City

With Planet Snoopy getting some love in 2015, I'd like to see the waterpark get some in 2016. The 2012 Soak City "expansion" didn't add any new slides, so you have to go back to 2004's Boomerang Bay debut to find the last time Soak City had new slides- and it's 10 years later now, those slides are now outdated and there is much cooler new stuff out. And there is room in the waterpark as well. With other Cedar Fair properties seeing waterpark upgrades, Kings Island could very well be on the list for some love here.

A new dark ride, still more flats, or some new paint for Racer (and a re-track here) & Diamondback wouldn't hurt though. :P

• Like 5