Rumor: Gwazi to close in February

1St off, don't tell the one guy that has a fansite that has a plethora of members in Orlando! Even when i wasn't on the forum sites i knew of TPR vaguely and how many did go to WDW.

2Nd, boo on you BGT that you left the only major wooden coaster(s) go to waste. It is one of those deals that Orlando area actually needs to have.

3Rd, if IF we loose it, i could see a RMC treatment on it's way. That is the best way to go if you are to take down an iconic woody and to make it a smooth experience for the riders period.

Not to mention White Lightning at Fun Spot America, which is wooden, B&M smooth, much better and faster paced than Gwazi, and not a kiddie coaster.

Based on the reactions I got when I wore my BGT t-shirt to Fun Spot, the only thing Gwazi is known for by the locals is the roaring headaches it causes. From the conversations I had with some employees, it sounds like management is actively working to make sure White Lightning never gets Gwazi's reputation.

• Like 6

Say what you want about Alvey, but he lives down there now. He probably has done solid connections.

He's citing Screamscape as the source. Even if he does have connections, Screamscape is not a reliable source of information.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

All I'm saying is that if I knew about it and wanted to share with you guys but couldn't, I'd cite Scream Scape too.

Not saying it's true, but it's most certainly possible.

• Like 2

I still hold out hope, however slim, that Gwazi Tiger will still reopen and I can get down there to ride it while it's open. My lone visit to BGT was just days after Tiger was closed down, so I am missing that credit. But it looks like I probably will never get that credit. :(

• Like 1

Busch Gardens is landlocked and doesn't have much to begin with (without losing its uniqueness). I'd wager that land is developed pretty quickly with another "good" coaster.

I'm a huge fan of wooden coasters but Gwazi was hands down (literally holding on because hands up jarred me more and hurt) the worst ride at BGT and possibly my least liked woodie ever. I'd put Son of Beast AND Mean Streak in front of it.

• Like 3

Can all but guarantee a new Coaster would be Steel.

When did BGT become the land of the Mouse?

Florida, at least in the Orlando-Tampa area is known mostly for WDW property. Advertisements plenty, and tourists all flock to it.

BB1, a Florida traveler/Enthusiast for a long time.

Hey, it may not be for you, but for me it is. If you go to Florida, and if you want to go to Orlando and the beach, usually one would go to Tampa. If one goes to Tampa and wants to go to a theme park, forget BGA, go to WDW. Friends, relatives, even fellow enthusiasts do it. Florida is known usually for oranges, everglades, beaches and Disney.

I've been on Gwazi...once during two days at the park with my oldest nieces. I don't remember much about it other than it not being a ride that we went on a second time and we did ride everything else at least twice.

In the last nine years, I've spent 1-2 weeks in Florida each year. They live in the Bradenton area (north of Sarasota, south of Tampa). In all that time, I've only visited Orlando once. It was not to go to Disney but to Universal Studios (before Harry Potter). I have never been to Disney and I'm not in a rush to go there anytime soon.

Edited to fix my grammar.

• Like 4

Will be moving (for real this darn time) to Florida in the Spring. It gets hot as heck here in KY in the summer so I will glady take the near year round warmth in exchange for this Winter crap up here. You guys can keep it and enjoy it.

That said, Disney is still not something I will have any desire to visit. Aside form the old Cartoons and some Pixar films...I DESPISE Disney. I will do it once, so I can say I have been but that's about it.

BGT and Universal on the other hand.

• Like 1