Rumor: Gwazi to close in February

Until 1999, I felt the same way about Disney.

I, too, was going to go once....I did. To WDW. For a week.

Within less than a year, I was busy plotting a California trip. I am not a Disney junkie, but I am a Disney admirer. Now.

As for the cold and snow, thanks! I love it. I missed it terribly down Fulton County, Georgia, way. One of the happiest days of my life was the day I packed up Scooby LaRue and drove out of that place, watching it get ever smaller in my rearview mirror, both physically and metaphorically. I will forever be glad I spent 18 long months there. I will be gladder still it wasn't longer.

California, on the other hand...if I weren't the type who doesn't want to live where there is moderate potential of devastating earthquake, I'd move to Los Angeles tomorrow. Or San Fran. Or Sacramento....

• Like 3

Well, you were in Georgia, yikes. The year I spent in that place was the worst of my life so far.

The Disney PARKS may be nice but the company itself could disappear tomorrow and I couldn't care less. Of course that wouldn't bode well for the parks but you catch my drift.

Only thing I like about cold weather is Chili. People say, just add clothing to get warm, well that makes me uncomfortable. I don't particularly care for long pants, big jackets, etc.

Not saying that high temps and humidity are enjoyable but after 20+ years of working in stuffy motor pools and garages, the heat is manageable. You want HOT? Go to Haiti some time.

• Like 1

Until 1999, I felt the same way about Disney.

I, too, was going to go once....I did. To WDW. For a week.

Within less than a year, I was busy plotting a California trip. I am not a Disney junkie, but I am a Disney admirer. Now.

As for the cold and snow, thanks! I love it. I missed it terribly down Fulton County, Georgia, way. One of the happiest days of my life was the day I packed up Scooby LaRue and drove out of that place, watching it get ever smaller in my rearview mirror, both physically and metaphorically. I will forever be glad I spent 18 long months there. I will be gladder still it wasn't longer.

California, on the other hand...if I weren't the type who doesn't want to live where there is moderate potential of devastating earthquake, I'd move to Los Angeles tomorrow. Or San Fran. Or Sacramento....

Not to mention the higher prices on the coast lines.... The midwest has its faults but its cheaper to live around here. I looked at living in Amaretto Texas and Chicago Illinois. I did live for a year in upsate. I was so excited to move back to Ohio for the cheaper gas and food.

Well, you were in Georgia, yikes. The year I spent in that place was the worst of my life so far.

The Disney PARKS may be nice but the company itself could disappear tomorrow and I couldn't care less. Of course that wouldn't bode well for the parks but you catch my drift.

Only thing I like about cold weather is Chili. People say, just add clothing to get warm, well that makes me uncomfortable. I don't particularly care for long pants, big jackets, etc.

Not saying that high temps and humidity are enjoyable but after 20+ years of working in stuffy motor pools and garages, the heat is manageable. You want HOT? Go to Haiti some time.

Why, may I ask, do you despise the company?

• Like 1

My family and I have are own personal reasons for wanting to leave this place behind. This past Holiday season as especially solidified them. Time for a fresh start and all that jazz.

As for Disney, I don't really know why. I suppose I am just NOT their target market and i can find fault in everything they do. Everyone talks about how awesome Frozen is. I watched it and don't understand the hype. It was the same basic movie they have been making for decades.

They say that some folks just cannot be pleased. Well, I am one of those when it comes to Disney.

They are even making their greed and constant desire for unneeded sequels the way of life at Pixar.

• Like 3

Yeah. Main reason I don't really watch them much these days.

Doesn't make Disney suck any less.

That said, I only used that reference to say that Frozen was nothing special. Except to those folks who go gaga over anything Disney. Of course many folks love "THE TWIST" ending. Ugh, I hate those.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Orlando-Tampa area?

Puh-leeze.

That's like saying the Cincinnati-Portsmouth area...

Even in Orlando the Disney draw is not universal, Harry.

Not quite as a person who has lived in Orlando and Cincinnati and driven to Tampa and Portsmouth multiple times. Orlando to Tampa is about one less excruciating hour of drive. Cincy to Portsmouth is 2 hours of boring.

Hey, it may not be for you, but for me it is. If you go to Florida, and if you want to go to Orlando and the beach, usually one would go to Tampa. If one goes to Tampa and wants to go to a theme park, forget BGA, go to WDW. Friends, relatives, even fellow enthusiasts do it. Florida is known usually for oranges, everglades, beaches and Disney.

I prefer the Atlantic beaches over the Tampa beaches. Daytona and Cocoa Beach are great.

• Like 3

If you're in the Tampa area and want a good beach, drive down to Siesta Key...

Yes! Such a beautiful beach! I haven't made that drive in quite a few years but will have to correct that this May. Anna Maria Island is a gem as well. There is this peaceful Mangrove preserve that if you sit quietly on the boardwalk path, you will get to see Fidler crabs. They are such a blast to watch...just don't move or they scatter faster than you can blink.

• Like 2

Sitting in a hotel in Ocala at the moment. Today I accepted a job that doubles my pay and put a deposit down on a house. Gotta head back to KY in the morning. Got ten days to pack up the house and get back down here.

Can't wait to hit the Coasters. Bummer I missed a second chance at Gwazi, just kidding.

• Like 6

Thank you!

Liking this area so far. More country feeling here with Horses and such. Far enough from the cities to relax but close enough to play when the need arises.The business owner called me this evening to thank me for joining his company. Very happy with my decisions so far.

First item of business once settled? Busch/SeaWorld pass. Kumba, here I come. :)

• Like 6