Coasting for Kids 2015

Oldschool75

**UPDATE

I emailed Give Kids the World about when the pages will be up. Here is the response.

"Hi Brian,

We are thrilled that you are interested in Coasting For Kids 2015, and we have great news for you!

At the moment we are testing and making sure our website and fundraising webpages are functioning properly. As soon as the tests are complete, we will be able to roll everything out to you all. You will be receiving an email very soon with some exciting announcements, and more specific dates.

Keep an eye on your inboxI promise youll have a date and time soon!

Best,

Kaylee

Kaylee Rodriguez

Manager, Development

Give Kids The World

210 South Bass Road

Kissimmee, Florida 34746

P/ 407 396 1114 ext. 4540

F/ 407 396 1207

kayleer@gktw.org | givekidstheworld.org"

Looks like they have a coming soon page up for 2015. I know the details are usually announced in January. I can't wait to get fundraising started.

http://www.coastingforkids.org/

• Like 3

Finally after 2 years of no goes, i will be going to do CFK in 2015(Don't know about the team though, maybe I will go solo, never know about me). Looking forward to getting set up for this year and hopefully there will be a major turn out for a great cause!

• Like 3

You pay $25 to register for the fundraiser. That 25 is mostly to cover the overhead from the in-park event (the T-shirt they give you, the meal, etc). Then, everyone who raises an additional $75 gets to participate in an in-park event involving a several-hour marathon on a given ride and exclusive ERT on another. Last year the marathon was on Racer (and I don't see that changing) and the ERT was Diamondback (which very well might change). Formerly, you could ride and ride and ride all you wanted, but as of last year, you can ride twice, then you must get up and walk back around (through the Fast Lane line). Of course, if you get bored of The Racer, you are free to leave and ride other rides. Just know that for every ride except Racer, you'll have to wait in line like everyone else.

The park provides a meal and and during this time, they invite a few people who have benefited from the work of Give Kids the World. They'll tell you about what kind of things the organization did for them, so you get a good idea of where your money is going. It's really a great cause! There are also some pretty lucrative prize packages for the top collectors at each park. All 11 Cedar Fair parks participate and it's a lot of fun.

If you don't want to participate in the event, you can register as a "virtual rider". You don't have to pay the $25 fee, and you don't get to go to the in-park event, but you can still raise money for Give Kids the World just like those who do participate.

As an added bonus for those who participate, you get to be in the park WAY before it opens, effectively securing a prime parking spot for the day!

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

When does fundraising start? Mid-late jan or what? I would like to start to fundraise sometime soon so that i could get even more for CFK.

Also this is just on my mind that i want to put out there: This is not just a chance to go pay some money and ride coasters; nor is this event a right, but a privledge. It irked me last night thinking about it and i just wanted to say that this goes out to the kids who have had a terrible time and to the families for all their hard work. When you actually see these kids, it breaks your heart and makes you just want to thank the parents for all that they do for them. I truly think that this event is one of the things that an enthusiast should do to give back and help those who have been struck with hard times. Im sorry for ranting but it has been on my chest.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like details have started to appear on the King's Island Webpage.

Kings Island fans and roller coaster enthusiasts alike will enjoy a day filled with riding the Red Racer (10:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.), Blue Racer (9:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.) and the record-breaking Banshee (10:30 p.m. - 11 p.m.) over and over again during the event. All participants need to raise a minimum of $75 for Give Kids the World to take part and will receive complimentary park admission, a certificate of participation, a Coasting for Kids event t-shirt, catered lunch and unlimited rides during the sessions on The Racer and Banshee.

Registration for this year's event will begin February 9.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/events/plan-a-visit/events-and-promotions/Coasting-for-Kids-4-4-12-39

• Like 1

Nooooo not the after close Banshee. I was hoping for ERT on Banshee. I can't do the before open to after close again. Or I may just take a nap somewhere lol

I go to KI all the time, usually for 4 or 5 hours. Part of the fun for me with things like this is spending the whole day there and taking that last exhausting ride of the night. Just something different.
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering how are you guys raising so much money so fast? Share some secrets? :)

I have a friend that has a business with their husband...each year they donate about $100. My goal is $1,000. I've got incentives set up on Facebook for those who donate. I'm also trying to decide on ways to get people to donate in the form of if we raise $200 I have to do this....and so on. If I reach goal, I will dye my hair for the event.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...