Week VIII: Best Pre-Paramount Era Kings Island Addition

BB1

In light of McSalsa's twist on my Poll Season(Which I must give him credit on an excellent poll) I made this one to go back all the way back to day 1 for KI. In this poll, you can pick one per era.

(Edits on the telephone, reception is not a gift)

I also will like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and do make it merry when ever possible!

• Like 2

Woof! It would be helpful to have a poll to select from or at least to serve as a list for reference to direct comments. Lots and lots of stuff came pre-Paramount. Probably objectively, The Racer would qualify. Obviously The Beast would, too. Lots of infrastructure would also need mentioned, since things like the layout of lands, many restaurants, and lots of architecture would no doubt fall under the category of "addition."

• Like 2

I'd definitely have to say The Beast. It's a legendary ride, and a great ride that really put the park on map (well, The Racer did that a few years prior, but still...). It's managed to keep its status as the longest wooden roller coaster for all these years and is an all-around fantastic ride. Long live The Beast! :D

• Like 3

Well, since we are talking a 20-year section of the park's history here (1972-1992) there is a LOT to choose from. Racer saved the wooden coaster from certain death and gave the park a signature thrill ride in its early years. The Eiffel Tower is iconic to the park. The Enchanted Voyage was iconic in the park's early years. The Wild Animal Safari Monorail was an awesome idea. Screamin' Demon- while not the longest lived ride- did help "launch" the launch coaster. The Original Bat was flawed but opened the door for the suspended and inverted coasters of the future. King Cobra was the first stand-up looping coaster. Vortex broke records and sent riders upside down 6 times and still runs strong today. Adventure Express ended up being a darn good mine train. Phantom Theatre has a strong following today years after its removal. But...compared to one ride, these are all just very honorable mentions.

The Beast- the legendary wooden monster. Racer saved the wooden coaster from death, but then it was Beast that took not only wooden coasters but coasters in general to another level, showing how good marketing and hype could sell a ride. Breaking nearly every world record helped too of course. And 35 years later, it still holds a world record as the world's longest wooden coaster. It is STILL beloved by millions. It even got a sequel. HOW MANY RIDES GET SEQUELS!?!? And so it gets my vote as not just the most iconic addition of the Taft/KECO/Lindner years...it even beats out FOF, Diamondback, and Banshee as my pick of KI's best ride addition of all time.

• Like 8

I'm going to say the Eiffel Tower. Above any other attraction, I feel this is the icon of Kings Island. When people come to the park, they leave with that beautiful sight of the tower soaring high above the fountains. Its up there with Cinderella Castle at the Disney parks, Spaceship Earth at EPCOT, the globe and main entrance gate at Universal Studios Florida, and so on. When people think of Kings Island, they think of the Eiffel Tower.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...