Cedar Point adding Quaker Steak and Lube next to Castaway Bay

Via Great Ohio Coaster Club on Facebook

SANDUSKY, Ohio Dec. 23, 2015 Cedar Point, already known for great wings thanks to its ultra-popular Gatekeeper wing coaster, will be home to wings of the edible kind when the park opens a new Quaker Steak & Lube® restaurant in 2015.

The Award-Winning casual-dining franchise Quaker Steak & Lube® is known for its Best Wings USA and more than 25 sauces that come in a full range of flavors from Louisiana Lickers to Triple Atomic. In addition to Award-Winning chicken wings, The Lube® also features specialty salads, burgers, ribs and an extensive kids menu. Legendary desserts and a full-service bar round out the entire dining experience.

Founded in 1974 and built in an abandoned gas station in Sharon, Pa., Quaker Steak & Lube® has expanded to 60 locations throughout the United States and Canada. The compelling décor, including race cars suspended from the ceilings, motorcycles, Corvettes and motor-themed memorabilia, combined with its craveable food and SuperCharged events, has created a cult-like following for The Lube® for 40 years.

Quaker Steak & Lube® will be a great addition to our restaurant lineup, stated Chris Miller, vice president of food and beverage for Cedar Point. Our goal is to provide our guests with the best food options during their visit to Cedar Point and adding an outstanding restaurant like Quaker Steak & Lube® helps us accomplish that.

The new restaurant will be located adjacent to Castaway Bay indoor waterpark/resort, and is scheduled to open in May, 2015.

I've never been to a Quaker Steak and Lube. Is it any good? Who from here has been to one?

https://www.cedarpoint.com/article/media-center/NEW-WINGS-COMING-TO-CEDAR-POINT?mobile=0 Official press release.

Quaker Steak has decent food, but it's more about the atmosphere. It is a motor head's dream with cars and car parts on walls, suspended on ceilings and even cars on lifts over tables. People do enjoy their wings, including the ultra spicy atomic wings.

QSL website http://thelube.com/

• Like 2

Via Great Ohio Coaster Club on Facebook

SANDUSKY, Ohio Dec. 23, 2015 Cedar Point, already known for great wings thanks to its ultra-popular Gatekeeper wing coaster, will be home to wings of the edible kind when the park opens a new Quaker Steak & Lube® restaurant in 2015.

The Award-Winning casual-dining franchise Quaker Steak & Lube® is known for its Best Wings USA and more than 25 sauces that come in a full range of flavors from Louisiana Lickers to Triple Atomic. In addition to Award-Winning chicken wings, The Lube® also features specialty salads, burgers, ribs and an extensive kids menu. Legendary desserts and a full-service bar round out the entire dining experience.

Founded in 1974 and built in an abandoned gas station in Sharon, Pa., Quaker Steak & Lube® has expanded to 60 locations throughout the United States and Canada. The compelling décor, including race cars suspended from the ceilings, motorcycles, Corvettes and motor-themed memorabilia, combined with its craveable food and SuperCharged events, has created a cult-like following for The Lube® for 40 years.

Quaker Steak & Lube® will be a great addition to our restaurant lineup, stated Chris Miller, vice president of food and beverage for Cedar Point. Our goal is to provide our guests with the best food options during their visit to Cedar Point and adding an outstanding restaurant like Quaker Steak & Lube® helps us accomplish that.

The new restaurant will be located adjacent to Castaway Bay indoor waterpark/resort, and is scheduled to open in May, 2015.

I've never been to a Quaker Steak and Lube. Is it any good? Who from here has been to one?

Better than B-Dubs, less than quality homemade.

• Like 2

Better than B-Dubs? Yeah....Right.

They are just your typical, breaded, lightly covered in a watery over buttered sauce, Wing place. Think Hooters garbage without the Cleavage. The one in Florence, KY was beyond terrible. The one we tried in Colerain was decent.

That said, I have been to B-dubs in 3 states and the only one worth eating at is on Dixie Highway in Louisville, KY.

The best wings are made at home with some Frank's Red Hot.

• Like 1

I'm sure many people will be happy with this but it's not my cup of tea. I've been to QSL at least three times, all different locations. The last time, I said never again. Each visit involved subpar service and mediocre food for the price.

But, from friends that go there, they are going for a bike night or the special deals on wings. I'm okay with not being their target audience.

• Like 3

Quaker is a wings place, similar to BW3's. They are notorious for their motor vehicle flare, gas pump like beer cylinders, and an extended variety of sauces for your wings..........The hottest of them all is something that few would try. I personally like it, a location is close by, though I never go, I still like to go occasionally for some wings and the Twizzlers for the dessert.

(Sorry Terp, no Snickering here)

By far I must give the utmost respect to Cedar Point. Expanding on the marina, and their market, the park is now more of a resort where people could have "StayCations" and essentially spend most of their lose monies on site rather going out of the property. When I go to CP this year (first time ever too), I will have to go and try to get some Quaker wings after marathoning Maverick.

• Like 1

Funny, I just ate at Quaker Steak for the first time the other night. I left... somewhat disappointed. Hard to explain, the food was good I guess, but when I was leaving I kept thinking about how I wish I had gone somewhere else. I like cars as much as the next guy, but I don't enjoy the atmosphere there. It's tacky but that seems to be par for the course for most chains these days. I would've preferred they added something that was maybe a step above Friday's, or at the least something a bit more unique.

I like that Kings Island offers food unique to the region and in recent years has added their own food choices. The food quality at Kings Island has improved quite a bit in the past couple years. It would've been cool to see Cedar Fair expand on this by adding a unique restaurant (with good food) that can't be found anywhere except Cedar Point. That would definitely add value to a trip to Cedar Point.

• Like 1

In high school, I used to frequent a QSL on an almost weekly basis for their unlimited wing night. I only went because my friends did - I don't even care for wings that much (In fact, I'd be much happy with chicken nuggets dipped in wing sauce, but that's just me).

Being honest, I was never impressed. The car theme elements were intriguing initially, but it wore out after a while. I'm sure it will have a lot to do with management, but the particular QSL I'm referring to almost always seemed understaffed and not particularly clean. I imagine that CP will be more attentive to those sorts of things.

• Like 1

QSL has a large variety of food - chicken, burgers, steaks, salad... The wings and sauces are of course their main "claim to fame". I ate at the one in Polaris (north of Columbus) with some friends years ago, and the food was pretty good as I recall. At the time, their hottest sauce was "Atomic". The sauce I got was mild compared to that (a mixture of BBQ and Tobasco sauces), and even that was too hot for me. They now have 3 locations in Cincinnati - Northgate, Florence and Milford. For those who are more "adventurous", they have the "Atomic Wings Challenge" and "Triple Atomic Wings Challenge", in which you have to down 6 wings slathered in their hottest sauces. Those who are successful get their name on a "wall of fame" at the restaurant as well as a commemorative t-shirt.

• Like 2

I was at a Bdubs and they were advertising their ghost pepper wings. They looked delicious and at the time I had no idea what ghost pepper was. They had the manager come out and requested that I only get a side of it and some fries to try, etc.

Well evidently ghost pepper is the hottest pepper.... The wing sauce was delicious but the after burn was not worth it. They did taste better than blazing though.

• Like 5

^^ I'm all for unique restaurants, but this specific location might be better suited for a franchise. Park guests have already left the park and driven 2 miles by the time they get there. The only thing drawing them is a small roadside sign, so a familiar brand can help.

Also, large groups (which this location caters to) tend to prefer establishments with a reputation for handling them efficiently. For what it's worth, Reds Hall of Game Grille did not handle large groups well last season.

• Like 5