Train Ride Theming

Dane

I was thinking, the Train ride theming has gone really downhill season by season. Well since Boomerang Bay will be going in, that will make the trains popularity go up. So my idea is, since Boomerang Bay will make the train busier, do you think part of the 04 construction will be the improvement of the Train?

One word: Money. That's the reason why they took everything out in the first place. That's also the reason why they won't bring it back. When a park gets cheap, a park gets cheap and it won't go back to the way it once was. The days where PKI really cared about their theming are over and most likely won't come back.

Not to say you are wrong The Rickster, but where did you hear that they are re-themeing Top Gun? I have not heard that one yet. I did hear about AE, but not TG. And, I also agree with mars1825 that the days of nice themeing are over with at PKI. They couldn't seem to care less unless it's a new ride. But then again, the themeing for the newer rides will rot like all the others leaving an eyesore, but what do they care as long as they sell season passes. To me, if it's not nice to look at, I'm more apt to go somewhere else that looks better. That's another reason I go to CP more often even though it is a longer drive for me.

Well,the train ride is primarily transportation back n forth to the waterpark.Back in the old days when it was a "ride" I can understand them mataining the theming.But just because they havent kept up with it all of a sudden the park is cheap?Come on now they spend millions on new rides and improvements everyear.Why dont you just go to CP all the time,and then that will be one less person in line in front of me.

I never said that I would not go to PKI, just not as much as I used to. Someone always has to be a smart a** and can only come back with, well, just go on to CP and I won't have to stand in line behind you. If you really cared for the park, then you would want them to keep up with maintenance and themeing. And, if more and more people start thinking like I do, then eventually attendance will drop and there will be no more PKI.

lol.. you guys really need to defuse. Don't let this get blown out of proportion. We're all friends here!

The train ride themeing was probably taken out because of the fact that WW was built and it took up a lot of the land. Also, since most people do in fact use the train simply as transportation, they probably chose to put their money elsewhere. I'm sure the impressions of cowboys and indians weren't exactly PC anymore as well.

The rest of the themeing was probably left up just so the train ride isn't blatantly bland. I realize that it hasn't been kept up, but that's probably on the park's long list of needed improvements. I don't see anything necessarily new going in there because it would be hard to advertise that as a new attraction.

It just annoys me when people complain even though they spend millions a year in park improvements.Yeah I agree maybe they should fix up this and add that.But I'm grateful that they try to keep the place looking nice.You kinda remind me of my x-wife I kept giving and giving but she still wanted more....LOL