Second Fearfest of the year 10/11

teenageninja

As I pulled up KI Drive I was excited hoping it wouldn't be packed, than I saw the parking lot. I pulled in and parked in The Beast Lot (about where Top Gun is comparitively) and got out. Hoping lines for some things weren't long I rode Viking Fury. Than my girlfriend and I wandred around aimlessly searching for a good ride with no wait, but that didn't happen. We just ended up leaving, I feel bad for her because she can't go again because of Marching Band.

Hint to PKI: HAVE FEARFEST OPEN ON FRIDAY TOO.

Thank You.

I think it was on this board that Tower of Terror couldnt be brought back because of the capasity issue. Or something like that.

Saturdays are bad days to go to the park. I thought everyone knew that. New rule: If you go on saturdays and have comments about it, leave the lines out of it. WE all know

The park has never (on purpose) been opened till two or three. The closing time at the latests has been midnight. The lines are so long that it forces the park to stay opened to get people through them. Usually they are really good about cutting the lines early if they are getting too long and it's close to closing. Yeah it upsets people, but at least the employees can get out earlier.

I would agree to have it opened on Friday night from say six to midnight. Maybe keep Fridays for just season pass holders? It would lighten the load for Saturday. Of course if they were to do it on a Friday night, they would have to keep HB and Nick closed along with all the normal small rides that close during Fear Fest. Parents wouldn't like that too much and you just know someone wouldn't know about that till they drove three hours to come on a Friday night and they brought all there little kids with them to ride the Pumpkin Patch express. Then again... Friday night openings would be too much of a headach! Never mind...

I went last Saturday the 4th, the longest line was for the Rt 666, which I waited for 2 hours to get on, this was so busy I believe because it was a new attraction and everyone wanted to see what it was, otherwise we didn't wait any longer than maybe 30-40 minutes to go through any of the haunted houses. I think also that since it was a little cooler out may have helped out with the overall attendance.

And if I remember correctly the first year of Fearfest, can't remember the exact date but was on a Saturday night, they did stay open later that scheduled, maybe like 1:am because of the long lines. I think we stood longer outside just to get our tickets than the amount of time we stood in line for any of the attractions.

Actually, last year FearFest closed at 1am and opened at 8pm. This year, unlike last year, more of the flat rides have been open, such as the Eagles, Monster, Zehpyer, and this past Saturday even the Carousel was open at 10 o`clock at night. Some of these rides weren`t even listed on the map as being open during the late part of FearFest.

The park has never (on purpose) been opened till two or three. The closing time at the latests has been midnight. The lines are so long that it forces the park to stay opened to get people through them. Usually they are really good about cutting the lines early if they are getting too long and it's close to closing. Yeah it upsets people, but at least the employees can get out earlier.

Actually FearFest was officially open until 1am in 2001 & 2002...We were NEVER allowed to close a line early at the houses! Trust me, I was in charge of cutting the lines. We would close them at EXACTLY 1am...if people were in line they could go in, but if they showed up at 1:01am - they couldn't.

In 2000 (the first year), it was only open until midnight, however - one night we were forced to stay open until 1am because of the long lines just to get into the park...as well as the long house lines.

I really think they should go back to FearFest on Friday/Saturday, Close @ 1am, AND charge for admission. We always had a steady crowd both nights (unless it was not-so-great weather.) If we had 2-hour waits with the admission charge, why drop it? I haven't been yet this year (goin on 10/18)...but it sounds like the lines have been horrible. I still can't wait to go!

Edited by SML828