Heinz to Replace Red Gold as CF's Official Ketchup

^ With either brand, you're getting tomato paste, vinegar, high fructose corn syrup, salt, and flavorings. The quality of the tomatoes and the content of the "flavoring" varies by brand and possibly by batch. A multi-billion dollar food brand goes to a lot of effort to achieve a consistent taste.

I just looked at the ingredient list on my bottle of Heinz up here in the Great White North. Interestingly, it doesn't have high fructose corn syrup but liquid sugar instead. Now I'm curious to taste test both the American and Canadians Heinz ketchups to see if there is any discernible difference.

• Like 1

First, thanks to the OP for sharing our article related to the Heinz change.

Kings Island website has already updated Heinz as a sponsor. Prairie Farms was added as well. (New Yogurt place?)

FYI, we have confirmed Prairie Farms has actually been an official partner with Kings Island since the beginning of the 2012 season.

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

I put ketchup on Fries, Burgers and Meat Loaf. That is it. The folks that eat it on everything, especially Eggs, make me ill.

Mayo is nasty. Nothing but a blend of fat and oil. It is great for removing grease/oil from the skin. Once had a Dr use it to clean a wound before stitching.

lol....and I can not stand fries, meat loaf or burgers, I think they taste awful. Not a ketchup person either. Bleh to all of it.

I guess there's a reason my closest friends and coworkers don't think I eat enough.

I am missing the grilled chicken sandwiches at Knott's at the moment... :( and their pizza isn't too bad either..more flavor imo than KI's cardboard pizza.

• Like 1

If you think KI has tasteless pizza, rest assured the Famous Famiglia at Six Flags is even more so...It doesn't even have the 'benefit' of the sweet, sweet LaRosa's sauce (not that I like that particularly either).

Dorney Park has the best pizza I've had at any regional seasonal park

And, sad to say, for me, Knoebel's Grove Amusement Resort has the most overrated pizza of any North American park. Obviously, others don't think so. They are largely the same others who rant and rave about Voyage. Coincidentally, Waldameer has great pizza II.

• Like 1

I love LaRosa's Pizza, both inside and outside of the park. I've never tried Six Flags pizza. Honestly, I've only had two "meh" foods at theme parks: the pulled pork sandwich at Kentucky Kingdom, and for the second one, let's just say KI's ice cream has greatly improved since 6-8 years ago (seriously, the vanilla ice cream is now super amazing!). :D

• Like 2

I've had a lot of pizza from all across the state - both local and chain. La Rosa's is always on the bottom of my list. I'll eat it if I have to but will not seek it out. The sauce is way too sweet for me. I don't have the ingrained Cincinnati love of sweet sauces for pizza and chili. Give me spice and oomph!

• Like 3

I often come to this thread to ketchup and see if there are any newer condiments.

Sing with me, "Lettuce Ketchup!"

That reminds me of the famous "Catchup Advisory Board" sketches from A Prairie Home Companion...

Featuring the talents of Garrison Keillor, Tim Russell, Sue Scott and Richard Dworsky.

• Like 1

And the portion size declined drastically.

As the old man said to the Country Cafe owner, "Your food is terrible and the servings are too small!"

My only issue with Knott's idea of proportions is that each slice is too big but the taste is ok enough for me....just got to make sure I burn it off asap...that's where my laps around the park come in while taking pictures. But a Knott's pizza slice is like 2 slices of KI's cardboard pizza. Come to think of it the pizza slices served at the Flamingo in Vegas are large like Knott's slices but don't even taste as good.

Not a lot of foods I really like, even today the smell and sight of fries and burgers made me want to yak up my spleen. I ate a pickle at least. Coworkers, bf and friends are constantly trying to feed me something. I think the only theme/amusement park food I really enjoyed happened at SeaWorld and Dollywood.

• Like 1

Personally, I like LaRosa`s sauce. And Skyline.

But I absolutely love Dewey`s Pizza, which was created in Cincinnati, by the son of St. Louis Cardinals owner William DeWitt. Dewey`s blows away LaRosa`s and makes it seem like a bland pizza. Not to mention you get to see them making the pizzas and tossing the dough.

• Like 5

Dewey's tomato-based sauce isn't sweet, it's actually rather spicy. I never notice that so much on my tongue, but my lips get sore from it (although it is so tasty it is worth it). If I get my own pizza, I usually get the white sauce instead.

I love their pizza, and the dough they use most of all.

We would drive about 40 minutes to get to Dewey's about once a month. Then recently they opened a new location about five minutes away from us. We've been having it a LOT. Buying two extra-larges and eating the leftovers over the course of the next few days. I'm not at all tired of it.

• Like 2

Assuming it is Cedar Fair who pays Heinz instead of vice versa, or the products being provided gratis in exchange for promotional considerations.

I've always wondered how contracts like this work. Does a place (Cedar Fair, McDonald's, etc) pay Coca-Cola in order to sell the products, or does Coca-Cola pay the other company in order to have their products sold in park, restaurant, etc? Partially based on costs of buying the product too?