Kings Island 2015 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

In your link above it is interesting to see where Swan Lake used to be and thinking about the DB splashdown, where it is at now. Such cool pics!

Here is a side by side with then vs. now (well, as close to now as I could find). Honestly, I prefer now, at least for that section of the park.

I threw together this GIF real quick, showing the area opening day 1972 versus opening day 2009.

JMXZR4v.gif

I'm actually super impressed by this... it lines up really well and you can even identify several of the same trees. There's also a couple buildings that have remained - Rivertown Junction Dining Hall, ICEE Mix-It Up, and the Kings Island and Miami Valley Railroad station.

• Like 30

Dollywood? (as opposed to Oprylamd USA)

Terp, who likes to ask questions.

True as the park does center on one Dolly Parton. It also just so happens that Dollywood is my favorite park I've been to, one aspect which made it that way to me being its shows, but it does have other focuses as well. I think Dollywood scratches the surface in calling it a 'music theme park'.

I would still like to see park with the concepts that HRP had done right at some point. Like have a coaster with a soundtrack which accentuates all of its maneuvers (not random music, a piece specifically composed for it), have themes based off all the different genres, etc. Heck, you could do a lot within each genre alone. I just hope that HRP's failure hasn't killed the concept (if the time comes that new parks are built again of course).

And now, back to your previously discussed Kings Island 2015 topic.

• Like 5

In your link above it is interesting to see where Swan Lake used to be and thinking about the DB splashdown, where it is at now. Such cool pics!

Here is a side by side with then vs. now (well, as close to now as I could find). Honestly, I prefer now, at least for that section of the park.

I threw together this GIF real quick, showing the area opening day 1972 versus opening day 2009.

I'm actually super impressed by this... it lines up really well and you can even identify several of the same trees. There's also a couple buildings that have remained - Rivertown Junction Dining Hall, ICEE Mix-It Up, and the Kings Island and Miami Valley Railroad station.

Very nice, now I feel inadequate for my side by side compared to your's lol. More like that would be much appreciated :)

• Like 1

Impressive GIF.

I wonder if there's any stills out there that could be used similarly to demonstrate how different Coney Mall is...I mean when I see pics from opening day and the mall stopping roughly half the length of The Racer tracks and think about how far beyond that it extends now. It's somewhat mind boggling how much the park has grown over the years.

• Like 3

Unusual lights around the Banshee site right now...........?

93mslHh.jpg

(Image captured from Kings Island's Banshee Cam)

Definitely not the normal lights turned on around Banshee....?

The lights have moved around the site for the last 10 minutes or so, almost as if some type of cold, late night site evaluation is underway..... :P:blink:

• Like 4

From Kings Island's Twitter account:

"@KingsIslandPR: Construction of the Coca-Cola Marketplace is underway. Guests will find healthy food options here."

https://twitter.com/kingsislandpr/status/572451664910786563

Interesting. I wonder what the healthy options will be and if they'll be included in the dining plans at all.

I really hope so, that is the one thing I found lacking with the Dining Plan was that there was hardly any healthy food options, if any (can't think of any off the top of my head).

• Like 1

From what I remember of the list, the healthiest option was a grilled chicken sandwich and fries at one location.

Edit: yeah, it's at the Planet Snoopy Grill. I'm not saying it's particularly healthy, but my assessment having never tried many of the options, it's among the least unhealthy. Depending upon how they're made, the stuff at Hank's may be better for you.

Also, not directly related but I noticed when I looked it up: they have added two gluten free options at Coney Potato Works to the list on the website. They said earlier it would be included but this is the first I saw it in official print.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm more excited about the fries part of the gluten free options at Potato Works, personally. Since I didn't have the dining plan last year, I didn't eat a whole lot of things in the park, but I did get some Rivertown Potato Works fries with cheese and bacon, and they were really good. I usually am more interested in the quality of french fries than entrees when I choose where to eat, so I'm hoping the ones at Coney Potato Works are as good.

• Like 4