Kings Island 2015 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

If you're feeling sad or depressed, just remember that there are good things to happen in the future. Like in 37 days will be Opening Day at Kings Island! Keep your heads up everyone! It's almost here!

If You're Reading This, It's Too Late... or perhaps not soon enough in this case. If you've seen Drake's new album cover, then you know what I'm talking about. Here's something I made based on the album cover. I tried to make one about 37 days but it wouldn't fit in the whole thing.

84a2f40653d635cb5a798a3aad35a361.jpg

• Like 8

Kings Island should come out with its own theme song and play it near the opening gates, or on International Street. Kings Island should try that for a year, and see how it goes from there.

I thought Happy by Pharrell was the official theme song of Kings Island. Or maybe that's just how it seemed last year.

• Like 3

Kings Island should come out with its own theme song and play it near the opening gates, or on International Street. Kings Island should try that for a year, and see how it goes from there.

I thought Happy by Pharrell was the official theme song of Kings Island. Or maybe that's just how it seemed last year.

Or this:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFEmTsfFL5A

• Like 1

(in reference to the picture of the torn-up Tower Gardens) This makes me really happy that something appears to be going on in this area; things could get pretty interesting... :D

-MDMC, who once thought a water coaster would work great in this area

• Like 4

The park map for this season has been released: https://www.visitkingsisland.com/plan-a-visit/park-map

For those trying to compare it pixel-for-pixel with 2014's map: http://belle.zzxc.net/fun/mapanimation.gif

In comparing the two I found that the picture of the water fountain mountain thing in Tower Gardens on the 2014 map is not pictured on the 2015 map.

Interesting...

Enough (already) said.

• Like 1

Kinda glad to see them do this, it was past the point of being a shell of it's self, being turned into a smoking area was a parody of it's self. Hopefully something good goes there eventually and it's not a plan to have the largest LaRosa's in Ohio.

• Like 7

I still have a photo somewhere of me as a youngster posing in front of the "Raiders of the Lost Ark" poster in the Tower Gardens (then Paramount Story) section. It is kind of sad to see that area be destroyed, but it's probably for the best. It makes me wonder now what's happening to the marble pathway stones with the movie titles on them, as they were flipped over.

To speculate what's going there, it would be cool to see them add a Chinese Pagoda like structure to move Panda Express into, as part of an expansion to International Street, which could re-internationalize it somewhat. However, it does look like a nice plot of land, as someone mentioned above, for new Antique Cars. Maybe revive the Les Taxis name, which I believe is French, to coincide with the Eiffel Tower overlooking it.

• Like 6

I still have a photo somewhere of me as a youngster posing in front of the "Raiders of the Lost Ark" poster in the Tower Gardens (then Paramount Story) section. It is kind of sad to see that area be destroyed, but it's probably for the best. It makes me wonder now what's happening to the marble pathway stones with the movie titles on them, as they were flipped over.

To speculate what's going there, it would be cool to see them add a Chinese Pagoda like structure to move Panda Express into, as part of an expansion to International Street, which could re-internationalize it somewhat. However, it does look like a nice plot of land, as someone mentioned above, for new Antique Cars. Maybe revive the Les Taxis name, which I believe is French, to coincide with the Eiffel Tower overlooking it.

To be honest, I'm glad they are doing something with it- we don't know why the are completely flattening it, but with waterfalls that didn't work, and artifacts from Paramount Story, it was looking seedy.

I don't know if they are completely redoing a garden, or recreating a different scenario altogether, but it's a nice property that wasn't being used properly. I always wanted it to be a kids' rest area, but let's see what happens.

• Like 3

^ The first one in Rivertown was the best by far.

I'm wondering what they have planned. You could do a modest Oktoberfest expansion, new show area, who knows? It looks like they Kinzeled the trees so probably not a revamped garden.

On the other hand, new trees can be planted. Trees can and often are removed to be replaced by something that works better for a look, feel, or situation.

What was in Tower Gardens before the Paramount Story? I only remember Paramount as my earliest memory, more so the Wayne's World Car is what I remember.

• Like 3