Kings Island 2015 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

What I quite find interesting. is that if Zodiac wasn't closed, There would have been a ride every 10 years this year.

Backlot Stunt Coaster is 10 years old
Xtreme Skyflyer is 20 years old
White Water Canyon is 30 years old
Zodiac (Would have been) 40 years old.

• Like 4

some new events are up on the KI site including passholder ride nights

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/things-to-do/events-and-promotions

Gotta admit, I'm excited for more details on the Banshee Brew and Food Truck Festivals.

I love food trucks....nuff said.

I love beer....nuff said.

Wonder where they will have the "live entertainment"? I can think of a really good location that would work great for a beer, bands, Banshee celebration.

• Like 6

What I quite find interesting. is that if Zodiac wasn't closed, There would have been a ride every 10 years this year.

Backlot Stunt Coaster is 10 years old

Xtreme Skyflyer is 20 years old

White Water Canyon is 30 years old

Zodiac (Would have been) 40 years old.

There still is - Shake, Rattle, and Roll was 1975 as well.

• Like 4

I could go for a Banshee Twist right now and I'm sure you want one too. Don't worry, you can have all the Banshee Twists you want in 13 days! 2 more Saturday's to go! Let's finish this offseason strong and get ready for another fun and exciting season at Kings Island!

Great photo via @KingsIslandPR on Twitter.

4effeb8eb1718b103eb7e40fb43a30e0.jpg

https://twitter.com/kingsislandpr/status/583952818131853312

• Like 9

You have to wonder if past Kings Island management could have fathomed how relatively quickly two of those massive buildings in that pic would go virtually dormant.

Wouldn't it be great if they turned the Action FX building into a giant walk-through fun house?

• Like 6

http://www.howtogeek.com/178696/why-using-a-public-wi-fi-network-can-be-dangerous-even-when-accessing-encrypted-websites/

When you connect to an open Wi-Fi network like one at a coffee shop or airport, the network is generally unencrypted — you can tell because you don’t have to enter a passphrase when connecting. Your unencrypted network traffic is then clearly visible to everyone in range. People can see what unencrypted web pages you’re visiting, what you’re typing into unencrypted web forms, and even see which encrypted websites you’re connected to — so if you’re connected to your bank’s website, they’d know it, although they wouldn’t know what you were doing.
  • Like 1

Encrypted connections are safe to use over public WiFi, as only the site owner (with the site's private key) can decrypt data you send. Many sites and apps (including Gmail, Twitter, Google Docs, Google search, bank websites) are protected.

When using a web browser, it's important to make sure that the site is secure (eg. padlock icon, "https" url, or other indicators depending on your browser). If you receive a certificate error message, do not accept the invalid security certificate.

Unencrypted connections can be intercepted by anyone in wireless range of your device. If you're logged into the KICentral forum over public WiFi, for example, someone else nearby could theoretically see what you're doing and even make posts from your account.

• Like 4

Who would take their time to get into peoples phones and see what you, a visitor to the park, are up too? Not anyone. I don't believe someone would buy a ticket just to hack into peoples phones at a park.

I'm sure there is no wifi in the parking lot. So the ability to get access from the drop-off area is not likely.

That depends on a lot of factors, really.

When you connect to a public Wi-Fi network, the network operator will receive identifying information from your device such as its hostname. Sometimes, this is enough to identify the device. They're not likely to look at that, however.

What they're more likely to look at is your web traffic. If you view any pages that aren't encrypted (as mentioned above), the network operator can see all the data that you send to webpages as well as the webpages that you view. So if you send personal information (think name, address, SSN, username/password, etc.), the network operator can see this information.

Thing is, it's not just the people who host the free public Wi-Fi that can see this data. If the network is not set up to isolate clients (meaning devices), other people connected to the network can see that same information. So, say you send a bunch of sensitive info over public Wi-Fi. A malicious person connected to this network is logging the data passing through this network. They now have all your personal info.

Fortunately, a lot of things have minimized the damages that can be done by this. For one, most of the more popular websites (and many others) now encrypt your information by default. Encryption basically uses a secure key that only the website and your device have in order to "randomize" the information sent to them. This means that when you log into Gmail, your username and password are scrambled and no one but the website can decode them.

As for Cedar Fair? I suppose they could attempt to data mine your activities for some marketing purpose. Will they? I wouldn't really worry about it.

TL;DR: Cedar Fair or other users may be able to get some data about your web browsing, but it's probably not enough to worry about.