Kings Island 2015 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

May you visit at least SIX FUN parks!

:)

Hah! :) The plans for the season so far include: my sixth FUN park, at least six parks, but no SIX parks. Not sure how many campgrounds this year...

There's only so much time in the summer. Pick and choose. I'll get what I'll get and won't throw a fit.

Edited to add that I was apparently also unintentionally cross-threading. But truly, there is never enough time. We make the best choices we can with the information we have. Living in the what-if means we sometimes miss the here and now. So easy to say but sometimes so very hard to do.

• Like 4

Please disregard yesterday's Countdown to Opening Day 2015 quote. I obviously can't count lol. So I'll quote what I did yesterday today.

Guys! We've unlocked a new achievement in the Countdown to Opening Day 2015. We are now in SINGLE DIGIT days! Just 9 more to go! We can do it!

e71945f58d9f1acd9428ae4f339d0da7.jpg

• Like 7

anyone have an idea of what they are doing to Tower Gardens?

Even though it should be obvious, just a friendly reminder for park employees and others privileged with early access: don't post any "inside" information that's not available to the general public without authorization. Check your employer's policies.

Those who have been here awhile might recall an extended discussion concerning the Action Zone "circle".

• Like 2

anyone have an idea of what they are doing to Tower Gardens?

Even though it should be obvious, just a friendly reminder for park employees and others privileged with early access: don't post any "inside" information that's not available to the general public without authorization. Check your employer's policies.

Those who have been here awhile might recall an extended discussion concerning the Action Zone "circle".

I think the answer should always be no dont say anything if you have to ask yourself, "Do I have to check with someone about the information I know before telling anyeone?"

Quick question, when do crowds start to file in at the front gate on Opening Day? I'm gonna try and get there for ERT, if they do that on Opening Day.

Last year I got to the park about 45 minutes before the main gate opened and we were pretty close to the front of one of the queues, maybe 40 people back, give or take 10. Many, many people showed up right behind us and before they let us into the park. it was all pretty orderly, though. The weather was mild. Dry, but a bit on the cool side.

The first time I attended opening day, three years ago, I got there before the parking tolls opened and we were about 20 cars back in the queue out on the road. Just like Clark Griswold, "First ones here!" After that I realized there wasn't much difference between being way up in the front and near the front :)

Also, one of the things I love most about Opening Day is how enthusiastically everyone responds to the obligatory ride op question, "How was that ride?" There's always clapping and cheering. After Opening Day, it's like a Monty Python response of much rejoicing :)

• Like 3

And now let's send it to Meteorologist Banshee for your latest weather update!

As of right now, for Opening Day, we are expecting a 50% chance of rain. High will be 62 degrees with a low of 43 degrees. Of course, that can change.

Thank you Banshee for that weather update!

With that being said, getting back to crowds before the park opens. If the weather stays like it is expected now, from what I've seen from your guys' posts, the front gate probably won't see a lot of people waiting outside. So I may either arrive at 8:30 or 9:00. Don't know yet. Still have more than a week.

• Like 3