Kings Island 2015 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

Or you drive a Lamborghini... Illegally... via roads that can't possibly exist in Ohio... :lol:

I just want to take this time to say how glad I am not to live in Maine anymore! My weather app is calling for a high of 46°... two seasons there: Winter and Mosquito (Kidding. Maine's a beautiful state. Even has a couple of amusement parks!).

• Like 7

I'm betting that when my school group goes to Cedar Point soon it should be walk ons for just about everything considering we're going on a Tuesday. I'm really hoping they don't make us sit in a big group together at all times, and I'm especially hoping that they don't have the "everyone has to agree" rule for the groups. With my luck I'll get stuck on kiddie rides the whole time if that's the rule.

• Like 5

When my High School had a Kings Island day, there were groups who had to do the packets together, but once those were done, we were free to go our own ways until we had to meet back together to catch the bus.

The de facto "everyone has to agree" rule when going to amusement parks with groups is why I usually go alone. Because I don't want to ride Diamondback over and over, and they probably don't want to ride Vortex over and over.

• Like 7

I believe I was required to be in a group of 2+ when I went on a school trip to Cedar Point. I had to choose from "Let's get in line for Raptor first thing in the morning", "Let's wait 3 hours for Millennium Force", and "Let's not ride much at all".

• Like 7

If not for finding myself with a group of girls who wanted to ride coasters the summer I turned 13, and not wanting to be left out, I most likely would not have ever become a coaster enthusiast. Before that trip, I had only ever had one terrifying ride on The Beastie (no lie). After riding all the coasters at Cedar Point (I think there were nine at that time) I was hooked.

So the default assumption can sometimes come to good. I prefer going to the park alone most of the time now too, tho.

• Like 5

...of Cedar Point?

Maybe if you are a seagull.

What, 3.5 hours is not a couple these days? ;)

The de facto "everyone has to agree" rule when going to amusement parks with groups is why I usually go alone. Because I don't want to ride Diamondback over and over, and they probably don't want to ride Vortex over and over.

You're right. I don't even want to ride Vortex once. Ouch!

• Like 2

According to Dictionary.com, "couple", in a formal sense, refers to only and exactly two. The use of "a couple of" to mean more than two is classified as an idiom, and dropping the "of" from that idiom is further classified as informal.

On the subject of weather, this far in advance looking at "normal" forecasts of exact temperatures, precipitation, and so forth is pretty much useless. I don't start looking at that until about three days out. Until then, you're better off reading the National Weather Service's forecast discussion, which for Kings Island can be found here: http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=ILN&issuedby=ILN&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1&highlight=off (Thanks to malem for cluing me in to that a while back. :))

• Like 4

Sorry, I forgot to add this: ;)

A couple is two, no more and no less, as everybody should know. I was thinking that it was no more than 2.5 hours, but I should know better since I did that drive in reverse on closing weekend. Oops.

I should probably just stop posting because everything keeps coming out all wrong and nonsensical.. :(

• Like 1

Sorry, I forgot to add this: ;)

A couple is two, no more and no less, as everybody should know. I was thinking that it was no more than 2.5 hours, but I should know better since I did that drive in reverse on closing weekend. Oops.

I should probably just stop posting because everything keeps coming out all wrong and nonsensical.. :(

. Wow! That is a difficult drive in reverse! Takes me long enough going forward! ; )
  • Like 3

Oh, I was in Sport-6 most of the time.

(Sport mode features SelectShift, allowing for manual gear selections, so long as the computer does not think you're going to break something. It's a 6-speed dual clutch automated manual transmission. Woot!)

• Like 3

Indeed I am not! My poor shiftless mother has no such option, the struggles of a base model. My brother, on the other hand.. Well, his 5-speed and 6-speed models make him anything but shiftless. If he gets bored of shifting, he has to find a new transmission!

• Like 1