Kings Island 2015 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

I know most on this forum come from the north on I-71, but if anyone is coming from Cincy or KY, you will need a detour. Construction crews are tearing down an old railroad bridge around the Clifton area. I-71 will be closed downtown up through Dana Ave from 10 pm tonight until Monday at 6 am. You'll need to switch to I-75 and get back to I-71 via the Ronald Reagan Highway or I-275, or get off at the Tylersville Road exit which takes you straight to Kings Island.

• Like 7

I know most on this forum come from the north on I-71, but if anyone is coming from Cincy or KY, you will need a detour. Construction crews are tearing down an old railroad bridge around the Clifton area. I-71 will be closed downtown up through Dana Ave from 10 pm tonight until Monday at 6 am. You'll need to switch to I-75 and get back to I-71 via the Ronald Reagan Highway or I-275, or get off at the Tylersville Road exit which takes you straight to Kings Island.

Thanks for the heads up. I will be coming up tomorrow morning and had no idea of the construction.

• Like 4

If I owe money towards last years season pass, will I be allowed to purchase another one this year? Or will I have to pay off my balance towards last year? How will they know that I owe money if I attempt to buy one this year?

If you are attempting to renew your pass it will have a block not allowing to renew. You will need to payoff the balance from last year in order for you to renew your pass for 2015. Contact the park at 513-754-5700 for options.
  • Like 1

May I ask a favor?

For those going to the preview, Can someone update us on the alterations to Tower Garden?

I'm going to be honest, I've been Votto with my wish list for KI, AND I'm wondering if I'm 300 with the kiddy rest park I'd wished for.

• Like 2

If I owe money towards last years season pass, will I be allowed to purchase another one this year? Or will I have to pay off my balance towards last year? How will they know that I owe money if I attempt to buy one this year?

If you are attempting to renew your pass it will have a block not allowing to renew. You will need to payoff the balance from last year in order for you to renew your pass for 2015. Contact the park at 513-754-5700 for options.

What if I just simply buy new passes instead of renewing?

• Like 1

What if I just simply buy new passes instead of renewing?

Welcome to KIC!

Please don't try to cheat the system. And do be aware that the park does read these boards, and has been known to call someone in for a talk with park security based on information posted on KIC.

jcgoble3, who may or may not have been that someone ;)

• Like 5

I'll certainly see if I can post some pictures of the Tower Gardens area.

And if I don't, I'm sure someone else will. ;)

Thanks! I can't get there, but I'm very curious.

The new store front for the Funnel Cakes looks great, from what I can see on the video.

• Like 2

I like the Funnel Cake storefront. Underneath the sign, it looks like it has a stucco, German style to it, which is a good thing, being on International Street. I really hope the Coney Mall entrance sign will return. That sign is pretty much a marker of Cincinnati and Kings Island history, and it would be sad for it to leave permanently.

• Like 4

Toppings:

6aa42e85a3163fdea680679607ad33fc.jpg

5311c393df000357c5ef1cb88aeada6c.jpg

02a08d4ded1fc38229db59b20da1deeb.jpg

d069606cdccfd6e9907922c465f85ef9.jpg

Overall, it's the same concept as Yogurt Mountain shops: fill a cup with the amount, flavors, and toppings you want, then have it weighed at the register. The price is a bit steep, but in line with what I would expect at an amusement park.

• Like 8