Kings Island 2015 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

I didn't ride Intimidator this visit as we didn't have time. But generally for Carowinds, their "hustle" seems slower than KI for all the rides. They have a decent number of team on the ride, unlike say Michigan's Adventure that has one person on their flyer ride and 2 for their roller coasters. My friend says, things are just slower in the south and there's not a rush.

• Like 2

When we visited Carowinds a couple weeks ago, Intimidator was indeed stacking through most of our time in line. Then, a "driver" change resulted in chatter over her mic, informing the crew of where trains where, and that a stack was imminent. Her motivational skills must be great, the change in the crew was immediate. They did nothing different, but they hustled for her. Stacking went from every train to no more than once every 4 or 5 cycles. At wich point she would only say, " We are now stacked, this train needs to leave."

Pride in workmanship can go a long way. As I said, they did nothing different, all restraints got checked, just at a faster pace. Was she possibly a supervisor? I don't know, but I know they went from going through the motions, to getting the job done.

I will say, though we didn't ride Diamonback after ERT, during that time there seemed to be a conscious effort to have some hustle to dispatch. I hope it is contagious, and this crew gets in a groove that was sorely missed last season.

• Like 9

And sometimes all it takes is someone saying "lets go". Its amazing what just a little motivation can do. Similar to last year with Banshee. It seemed to be a little pushy for riders but none the less, someone pointing out whats going on can make things run so much smoother

• Like 8

I checked when I was at the park Saturday, but didn't see any wifi. I wasn't near the new Starbucks. Anyone care to give their experiences of trying to use wifi there?

I'm curious if they have any definite plans for park-wide wifi or if it was just an off-the-cuff, indefinite "sometime in the future" speculation.

• Like 3

I checked when I was at the park Saturday, but didn't see any wifi. I wasn't near the new Starbucks. Anyone care to give their experiences of trying to use wifi there?

I'm curious if they have any definite plans for park-wide wifi or if it was just an off-the-cuff, indefinite "sometime in the future" speculation.

While inside Starbucks Friday night, I pulled out my phone, turned on the Wi-Fi, and scanned for networks. The only network it found was the park's private, secured network.

• Like 5

It was a nuisance is all. I'm a broad shouldered guy, I just drop a shoulder and pass on through. It is amusing to look behind to see how many people follow through the hole I open.

I often do the same. Being a bigger guy has its advantages at times.

• Like 1

^ Bus parking information from the park's website: https://www.visitkingsisland.com/images/uploads/file/2015ParkingInstructions%282%29.pdf

Of course, even if the bus qualifies for free parking, your school might charge field trip attendees for transportation. (bus, bus driver, fuel, insurance...)

Thanks, its an after prom thing so they said if it was free I didn't have to pay $10 for the buss ride