Kings Island 2015 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

If one is into sweet/salty combinations, the Maple Bacon taffy from the pick-a-mix wall at Sweet Spot is really yummy! I tried it first out of the many kinds I bought, and wondered for a moment if they'd let me exchange the rest of it for more Maple Bacon! I didn't dislike any of the other flavors, though, and most were quite good. The Root Beer Float was my second favorite.

Maple......Bacon.....Taffy.....I'm really not a sweets kind of person, nor am I one to eat an unhealthy diet, but when it comes to maple flavouring and bacon, added with taffy, I cannot resist. I may be trying this out next week if I visit the park!
  • Like 4

I think a curved drop brings out the inverted aspect more.  Having laterals coupled with the drop lets your legs swing a bit.  That and inverted coasters aren't normally known for airtime, though Banshee does due to its steep angle of descent and the fact it doesn't have that little pre-drop dip that most B&M inverted coasters have.  

There's other factors like space, what things the park(s) request, etc. 

• Like 3

I am sure we disscussed this before but I can't seem to find anything on it. Can gold and platinum pass holders get $1 Banshee ice cream at the stand next to Banshee? Also having trouble finding all the benifits you get as a gold or platinum pass holder, does anyone know of a link to such a site?

• Like 1

b3d2c1a9885f2fe5cecb38dd272cda3c.jpg

Happy birthday to Kings Island

I'm trying to figure something out from this picture:  Is the closest looking "family trickster" on Kings Island Drive? Or are the cars further in the distance?  

• Like 4

I'm trying to figure something out from this picture:  Is the closest looking "family trickster" on Kings Island Drive? Or are the cars further in the distance?

I think the closer one is on KI Drive and the two further in the distance are on I-71. I'm not sure, though.

Has anyone been able to purchase $1 Banshee swirl ice cream?

I believe that was a special deal for the preview night only, not a regular offer.

• Like 2

Hey guys, did anyone else notice Drop Tower running abnormally today?

There were a few ride cycles, (i happened to be on one) that looked a lot like this:

It just didnt stop rotating until after it stopped going up.

It closed after that though. :huh:

• Like 1

b3d2c1a9885f2fe5cecb38dd272cda3c.jpg

Happy birthday to Kings Island

It would be so epic to go back in time to see this. I am jealous of anybody who saw this in person.

I remember that day every well.  I marched in that parade as a member of Kings High School marching band.  We also marched down Kings Island Drive when the ribbon was cut to open the road to traffic.  Kings Island's design group made a banner that we carried in front of our band that announced who we were (Kings High School Marching Band, Kings Mills, Ohio, Home of Kings Island).  

• Like 7

Hey guys, did anyone else notice Drop Tower running abnormally today?

There were a few ride cycles, (i happened to be on one) that looked a lot like this:

It just didnt stop rotating until after it stopped going up.

It closed after that though. :huh:

I was on one of the cycles where it kept spinning at the top and stopped for a second before dropping. Not gonna lie scared me for a second. And after we dropped the restraints would not come up and we were stuck for about 15 minutes.
  • Like 1