Kings Island 2015 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

I'm on vacation this week, so a buddy and I went to the park today.  Here are a few things...

Rode Surf Dog for the first time.  It is a way fun ride!!!!!!! 

The last rows on FoF are now (not sure how to say this)  operational.

At the front gate, they have an updated pamphlet detailing what is available for the season long meal plan.

Almost every ride was a walk on.

Also, I have a question..

I want to go to the park for ERT. But, I will be going there by myself and I'm worried if I'll be looked at as creepy. Is that weird?  

• Like 8

I had him talked into Flight of Fear and he seemed excited...

...He's got about 1 more inch to go for Diamondback, he's really looking forward to that one.

Sounds like a fun trip, but just thought I'd mention that Diamondback and Flight of Fear have the same 54" height requirement. If your son isn't tall enough for one of them, he isn't tall enough for either.

• Like 4

Nothing gets rid of the solo-visit awkwardness like a handy cell phone and a map. Just really be talking on your phone 'cause if it rings in the middle of your fake convo, everyone's creep-dar gets thrown into maximum ping mode!

:P  Naw, it's all good.

...and welcome!

• Like 4

Ugh, How I wish I could go to CoasterStock. Thus is the life a high school student with no stable income or car. (I had to work so hard to get this years season pass.)

I feel that feel. Ironically, Kings Island does offer numerous summer jobs if you're looking for a good source of steady income :P

Not for a high-schooler over an 1:30 away  ;)

• Like 4

When I was walking past the Biergarten today I heard Ace of Base's "The Sign", then I entered Adventure Express's queue and Van Halen's "Jump" was on FUNTV. I wondered briefly what year this is.

It wasn't quite as surreal as another visit when a countrified version of Footloose came on FUNTV in the Drop Tower queue and a multitude of young people started singing along.

• Like 9

:blink: Ooh. Big faux pas by the ride op!  That's a huge no-no!

I understand, especially from recent memory of things (during 'Starting to Decode 2014') that the park takes its own trespassing rules very seriously; so, for an employee to announce that guests can "come back" when the park closes, joking or not, seems dubious if not irresponsible.

• Like 9

I'm always a single rider since my wife doesn't like to ride. However she is going to visit her family in Washington at the end of the month for 6 weeks. Maybe a group of us normally single park guests can arrange a meetup one day. Might be fun meeting some of you and having someone to ride with.

• Like 5

Maybe a group of us normally single park guests can arrange a meetup one day. Might be fun meeting some of you and having someone to ride with.

It's not exclusive to normally single riders, but that sort of thing happens quite often. See the meetups forum here; the people who frequently participate are a rather welcoming group.

It can definitely be fun to visit amusement parks with others who really enjoy them.

• Like 8

The solution to that problem is to get a subset of the group to start walking towards an attraction. Some will follow, others will split off, and that's OK! People enjoy the park in different ways.

Although, it is fun to get to a line separator as a group of <hilariously large number>. Bonus points if that number is as large as (or exceeds) the capacity of the ride vehicle.

• Like 7

At DiamondStack..

Op: "How many do you have?"
Group: "96."

Op: "Uh, that's gonna be like ten minutes."

Note that this is sarcasm; it only feels like ten minutes to dispatch three trains on DiamondStack.  Er, Diamondback.

• Like 2

At that rate..

60 min/hr * (3 train / 10 min) = 18 train / hr

18 train/hr * (32 rider / train) = 576 rider/hr

Maybe that's close to accurate, but it shouldn't be.

576 rph / 1620 rph = 35.6% of theoretical capacity

That would explain why that line takes forever.

• Like 1

Well, this is kinda interesting- stopped by my local Burger King to get some burgers, and they had Kings Island coupons for $25 off gate price. While that's not weird (see it often for amusement parks at several restaurants) by itself, what was is these coupons apparently include Banshee and the new-for-2015 Planet Snoopy rides ERT...that I don't think I have ever seen outside a Gold/Platinum season pass at KI before. Diamondback isn't included though, apparently.

Well, just my findings. Also some lady took my food I was getting for my Mom thinking it was hers, and when her order did come up she was long gone so I got a re-make of my Mom's order and the lady's. Fast food errors in your favor can be pretty good. :P

• Like 3

Yea they've been advertising the ERT for tickets bought at a couple places here around Indy as well. Wasn't real thrilled to here it. Though the ads I've heard have only mentioned Banshee ERT and nothing about Planet Snoopy or Diamondback

• Like 3

Although, it is fun to get to a line separator as a group of <hilariously large number>. Bonus points if that number is as large as (or exceeds) the capacity of the ride vehicle.

See also flying inverted kiddie coasters.

LOL! I remember that takeover! :D

• Like 4