Kings Island 2015 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

Has Soak City always been included with your park admission?

Yes

The same for Boomerang Bay as well.

Water Works, I do believe the same for most of it's lifetime.

MDMC01 and I are in the front row for the 5:00 show of Cirque Imagine. We have two empty seats right next to us if someone sees this quickly and gets here before they get filled.

EDIT: The seats next to us have been taken.

• Like 6

The spring season pass sale is typically extended a few days, for the benefit of procrastinators who wait until the holiday and then forget. The fall sale has also been extended a few days beyond Closing Day in prior seasons.

Such an extension is never guaranteed, so relying on it would be unwise. Kings Island gold passes definitely will go away after this Thursday.

• Like 7

For those planning to upgrade their season pass to platinum, note that the price of that is increasing as well. At Knott's Berry Farm, where the spring season pass sale ended on schedule, the adult platinum price is $204 (up from $198).

To upgrade a pass, one must pay the difference between the current price of the new pass and the price paid for the old pass (gold was ~$90 last fall).

• Like 2

For those planning to upgrade their season pass to platinum, note that the price of that is increasing as well. At Knott's Berry Farm, where the spring season pass sale ended on schedule, the adult platinum price is $204 (up from $198).

To upgrade a pass, one must pay the difference between the current price of the new pass and the price paid for the old pass (gold was ~$90 last fall).

It's the only way Cedar Fair will see an increase in revenue this year.

• Like 2

I have been on Adventure Express more than any other coaster this year. 24 times on Express...the second most? Diamondback with 20. I love Adventure Express!  :wub:

I honestly haven't really cared for Banshee that much this year...

• Like 7

The round lucite "alien control" panel at the back of the inside of the UFO on FoF was lit today, for the first time since I've been going to the park regularly (the beginning of last summer).

I love to see thematic elements getting some attention.

Wait, what?

The round lucite "alien control" panel at the back of the inside of the UFO on FoF was lit today, for the first time since I've been going to the park regularly (the beginning of last summer).

I love to see thematic elements getting some attention.

I love that part of the UFO.  It always felt comparable to the final "anti-chamber" of Tomb Raider: The Ride before you boarded the ride.  I believe it was turned off sometime in the middle of the 2013 season.

• Like 1

Yes, I do. I stood and watched the whole thing (about 15 min) earlier this year. I will edit this post in a moment with a full synopsis.

It "starts" (well, it sort of loops, so maybe "restarts" is a better option) with different researchers at a military facility asking "what just happened?" as their computers and video feeds start to connect to each other, and no one seems to remember what happened moments before. It becomes evident as it progresses that they are housing and studying a UFO that has come into their possession. A politician bursts into control central with a camera crew and introduces himself to the woman in command. It comes out eventually that he (thinking the whole thing was a hoax) has invited the public to come in and look at the UFO (us in the queues), to score political points for "transparency." At some point all of the different researchers seem to have disappeared from their camera feed and it freaks someone (the politician?) out that he's alone, and they finally put something in front of one of the cameras that looks like an alien being (I think it's supposed to actually be part of someone's lunch) and he screams, and everyone comes back into view laughing hard about it. Someone discovers a media/video hookup on the edge of the UFO, which seems to be designed to work with the researchers' technology. They decide to link to it. It takes over the feed, and delivers a message from the aliens. I believe the message takes over the politician's mind, taking him on a virtual trip to the alien's part of the galaxy. We see a vague shape of an alien face before the feed cuts out, everything statics, shuts off, fades to black.

Computer and monitor feeds start to come on and everyone asks what just happened?

• Like 4

Dont forget that when the ride was originally intended to be linked up with the show "The Outer Limits"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djHzt6MqrXY

Similar to the beginning of the show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCcdr4O-3gE

Plus I always assumed the video was to intend that the aliens/weirdness put someone into a time warp....

• Like 2

"Imagine a world...

Where the imperfections of human existence...are a thing of the past.

Where hunger and poverty..are unknown.

Where everything is beauty, tranquility...and peace.

Where we can shape your experience to anything our imagination can conceive.

This, then, is our invitation:

Come with us.

Enter our vessel.

Follow our path across the cosmos, and discover that which lies beyond this mortal sphere."

I have a...deep love for Flight of Fear.  :rolleyes:

• Like 4