Kings Island 2015 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

What's the price for preferred parking for Gold passholders? It's just the difference between regular parking and preferred, right? Can you just buy it at the guardhouse where you enter preferred?

The price difference is $7 , regular parking is $15 and Preferred is $22. Just make sure to tell the toll attendant that you want to upgrade then hand them your season pass.

• Like 3

In other words, they're not "free"; they're "included with purchase".

Same as when a park (e.g. Holiday World) gives out "free" soft drinks; they're not free, but included with admission.

Let me extend a common saying. There are four types of untruths: lies, darned lies, statistics, and marketing. :P (Now watch the word filter auto-censor that to darned...)

• Like 5

Yeah, but it didn't, fortunately. The app is just wrong (at least on the times it shows outside the description). The outside of the theater says 3/5/7 like it should. I'm waiting for the 3:00 right now.

Heh, it only took a couple years but I think "Let It Go" has finally started to reach ultimate saturation. When it started before the show, there was a large amount of groaning, and most of that was /children./ A few are singing along, but when kids are even tired of it...

• Like 4

It's probably referring to the souvenir drink bottle offer; refills are free on the day of purchase.

Right.  I knew that.

I got really suspicious that it had something to do with now-marketed all-day drink wristbands, something we didn't see last year....

But alas, just simply the souvenir cups.

• Like 1

I got really suspicious that it had something to do with now-marketed all-day drink wristbands, something we didn't see last year....

Those wristbands, I believe, are only for souvenir bottles that were purchased earlier in the season. I know that no such wristbands are available for "regular" drinks, at least not to the general public. I was specifically informed of that at Guest Services last month.

Had a nice visit to KI last night.

Wanted to mention that my ride on The Beast was the smoothest I can ever remember.  Not just my smoothest Beast ride, but as smooth as my best rides on any major wooden coaster. It was B&M, baby butt, butter bliss.

We sat somewhere near the middle of the train, middle bench.   

Kudos to the folks who keep our Beast running great.

• Like 10

Just wanted to share...  Took the day off yesterday and took my kiddo to KI and she finally just barely hit the 54 inch mark!  After putting on the coveted orange bracelet and lots of high fives and victory dancing all around, we practically ran all the way to Diamondback.  Once we got there though she just about had herself talked into being scared of it and kept trying to talk me in leaving the line because she was too hungry to ride / she had to pee / her stomach was hurting and she might have to go home / etc. but we finally made it on and by the time we hit the bottom of the first hill she was holding her arms in the air like a pro screaming about how awesome it was.  I had been holding off riding the 54 inch coasters (except Diamondback) for the past two summers waiting for her to be tall enough, so we had a really fun day only riding rides we had never ridden before  She liked Diamondback, Invertigo, and FoF but she thought Firehawk was not very exciting.  I remembered hating FoF the last time I rode it in like the late 90's but I really like it now...  the different harnesses made a world of difference!  All in all good day!

• Like 18

2nd time to the park this season last night, though the first time to several areas.  I'm sure many of these observations have been made, but I haven't read the whole thing...

Boo Blasters, I sincerely hope this is the last season.  I do enjoy the ride, even if the guns are trash, and my son loves, even if he spends most of his time watching the ride, rather than shooting (last night was his all time high score of...210), however so much is not working like it did 3-4 seasons ago.  I hope a full revamp of the ride is in the works this offseason, either refurbish it, or put something else in there.

Coney Mall sign, I still can't believe its gone.

I have no completed my KI coaster lineup having taken my first ever ride on The Great Pumpkin coaster with my daughter (she rode earlier with her aunt for her first ever roller coaster ride).  I was actually surprised just how much bounce or kick that ride had.  I expected it to be a bit smoother.  Happy to say she loved it; I can now say I've been on every roller coaster currently in operation at KI (plus some no longer in operation).  I'm looking forward to taking a seat next to her as she progresses her roller coaster journey.  It was fun watching my son go from a 2 year old on Great Pumpkin and Woodstock Express, up to a 4 year old on FAAC, then The Beast, Vortex, Racers, etc... right after his 5th, to now taking on Banshee and hoping for that last inch before he hits 7 later this summer to get on Diamondback.  The only question is how often I'll need to sneak past mom to get on the coaster with her :)

I liked the 2 Coca-Cola free style stations and fresh markets, I wish the one back by the train were open past 8.

Another new first, took a ride on the very last train of the evening; didn't realize they stopped it earlier than close, but it does make sense now that I think about it.

A third new first, got to take in fireworks while riding Woodstock Express with my son

• Like 8

Below is a CGI POV of what it must be like for those poor, dry passengers of Whitewater Canyon who, thinking they've made it through with only a mild sprinkling, look up to realize that, behind those colorful, unnatural tubes, way up there on the high banks that dominate the swirling stream below, stands a crowd of delighted (possibly even a little mischievous) fellow guests, each manning a quarter-operated panel that gives them the power to help fulfill Kings Island's fair warning that "you will get wet on this ride (you might even get drenched!)"

For whatever reason, this has been my most relaxing, therapeutic passtime in the park this year! Most hilariously, last weekend, when what looked like the US Secret Service showed up (it was: 1) our own "Sky" pilot, 2) a gentleman of the Service (he of the Caduceus), and 3) another gentleman, all dressed up in dark business suits and mirrored sunglasses) to join in with a barrage that included someone manning every possible geyser for a ten-minute deluge that had the local woods drowning out even the mighty, five-chime blast of the green train's whistle with happy screams and laughter!

I budgeted for another round of such hilarity tomorrow. I like the red geyser. It soaks so, so well!

"Hey, what's that red thing? D-Oh!"

WWC2.png

• Like 12

@Magenta Lizard- It could be a rehearsal for the Off The Charts! show that opens a week from today.  They have live instrumentation including guitars, drums and horns.  They had tryouts months ago. 

silver2005, who plans to be at the park that day. B)

• Like 4

While working at Kings Island these last few days. I have notice an ABUNDANCE of times the Ride Operator must talk over the lift-hill intercom about cell phones.

Within the last 3 days I have worked at the park, The Racer Operator has called the lift-hill at least 50 to 70 times. Usually about 20 per 7 hour day. This has to stop, and one group at a time can VERY much help out the community, and all other park-goers.

I'm not saying it's Kings Island Central members. I'm not saying it's any major amusement park group that knows better. But it's ridiculous how many times the ride has been interuppted by "Ladies and Gentleman currently aboard the (blank) Racer, Just a reminder that the use of all electronics are strictly forbidden here at any ride in the park. So if you currently have an electronic device, or cell phone out, please put it away at this time (Once again if you have a cell phone out, please put it away at this time) Thank you."

(Yes I am able to recite the whole thing because of how many times I have to hear it on a daily basis.) That's how ridiculous it has gotten.

Anyone else feel this way?
  • Like 5

They did that last year, too, quite frequently. I always assumed that there aren't cameras on Racer's lifts, so they were doing that as a safety precaution during the busy season. I could very well be wrong, though--I always forget to look for cameras when I ride, and I don't have any inside information about ride operations at the park.

• Like 1