Kings Island 2015 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

While the complaints of cameras on rides are legit, and sadly it seems like KI is not taking a strong enough approach to deal with the problem before it becomes a real problem, I thought I'd take a minute to switch gears and post something a park employee did that was above and beyond.

last evening, after a bite to eat at the Reds HOF Grille, we headed to Planet Snoopy.  Our 2 kids decided to get on the bumper cars, however, the car that our 3 year old daughter choose wasn't working.  After the first round, our son jumped off his, and our daughter, looking quite sad wasn't sure what to do, we told her she could go again (the crowd was light, so there wouldn't have even been a wait)  At that point, the operated came over, she had seen what had happened, and thought that perhaps the car had just come to rest in a "dead" zone and moved it over a few feet and let our daughter remain in the car before opening up the gates and allowing a few more kids to join.  When she started the next round, she immediately noticed that our daughter's car wasn't just in a "dead zone" but was not working, so she immediately hit an e-stop and had the 8 or so kids jump off the ride and get back in line.  She then opened up the side panel where they load cars and moved the car off the track, then when re-opening the ride, she made sure our daughter got back in first so she could have her pick of car.  Once everyone was back on the ride, she fired it up and our daughter could not have been happier.  The young lady operating the ride went above and beyond the call of duty to help ensure that our daughter had "the best day possible"

And yes, in addition to thanking her several times, my wife was sure to report her good work to guest services when we left the park.

These are things I enjoying hearing about.  My visits so far this year have had excellent interactions with park employees.  Last year was over the top.  Kourtney and Austin at The Beast are the best!  I make it a point to stop by Guest Services and compliment the general employee population as well as specific employees.  There is a tall guy who is excellent on Diamondback, but I have never got his name.

• Like 8

I can still watch the Periscope things, if I link directly from the post about them in the Twitter app to the Periscope app.

It's almost impossible to actually catch them live. The Cirque one last Friday, my Twitter app alerted me to the post (I have it on immediate alerts for @KingsIslandPR and @DonHelbig just in case they post time-dependent tweets like tweet ups) and when I got to Periscope, it was already over.

• Like 1

My wife has been out of town helping take care of her grandmother whose health has been deteriorating rapidly the last few months. In that time I have now been to the park 7 times. Haha, she has been giving me a bad time about it. But I have the dining plan and it's something to do to get out of the house.

I think this is an addiction!

• Like 7

Thanks for the nice words. It's been a whirlwind for our family.

The best meal I've had is the buffalo chicken salad at Reds HOF Grille. It's spicy and huge. FYI as a reminder to anyone reading this remember to tip based on what the amount would have been and not after the dining plan amount! I can easily see someone only tipping on the amount they paid for their drink.

I also love the cheesesteak at the place in Rivertown by Diamondback. I forget the name.

• Like 8

My wife has been out of town helping take care of her grandmother whose health has been deteriorating rapidly the last few months. In that time I have now been to the park 7 times. Haha, she has been giving me a bad time about it. But I have the dining plan and it's something to do to get out of the house.

I think this is an addiction!

You and your family have my utmost sympathy. That is a rough time to go through.

I've been going through the same thing with my mom who is terminal. Except for work

I rarely leave her side. I really wish the best for you folks.

Stay strong.

• Like 4

I have seen three times this year that people have been approached for cellphone use. Once the man left before security arrived, once they had the man delete the video and he did so willingly. There was a 3rd individual that was approached, but did not see the end result. This specific ride had people spitting while the coaster was in motion. It was definitely not the best day I had at Kings Island that day.

I am sure me saying I have seen it 3 times may seem high, but I have been at the park every day but one since this season began. There have been other times I have not seen if they have been approached or not.

• Like 1

I never mentioned this story from when I was there a few weeks ago--but now I remembered and have to mention it! When I was leaving The Beast after riding, the gentleman in front of us jumped the fence to grab a lost football someone had tossed from the station. It was right when the train was coming out in that first curb, and I honestly thought that I was going to see a guy get beheaded over a neon plastic football for a second.

People are dumb. He realized after he grabbed it that that whole area is fenced in and he had nowhere to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7