Kings Island 2015 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

I think you meant to say Flip Flops. I have worn Sandals that were more comfortable than any shoe.

You are ever so correct! When I see those little bare feet clutching onto the clamshell post, I think of the grates on the evacuation stairs.

BTW, I looked for the topic on this, but found that there was none. My little time stamp is dated earlier than the thread about it. Let me hop into my TARDIS. 

• Like 1

It takes a special person to work in Planet Snoopy and Kings Island has found a lot of them! My daughter is more into Diamondback then Woodstock Express anymore but when we do hit up a ride there, nearly all the workers are awesome.

100% agree. Great employees at Boo Blasters in particular.

It's weird. This year especially, the Boo Blasters employees have been great (despite operating a subpar ride) I know it's probably hit and miss for most, but from my experience they've been great.

Plus I'm sure Kings Island would love to keep up that reputation as world's best kids area, and that just makes the employees that operate that best kid's area all the more important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I've said this before, but I will say it again. Until the parks police YouTube, and any other video post sites, and actively request unauthorized videos be removed, this will be on ongoing problem.

In no way does this absolve their lack of enforcement within the park, but if you remove the forum, you remove the motivation. 

• Like 4

Was Diamondback open today?  The web cam is showing an image from yesterday just after 3 P.M.

A friend said on Facebook that she rode it this morning, and I believe it was open yesterday evening also (not sure on the latter).

• Like 2

Selfie, man I despise that word and the trend.

Folks spend so much time taking pictures to remember their trip, they don't get to enjoy their trip.

I don't carry my phone in the park. I want Real Time 3D Experiences. I was at Rush R40 in Columbus, they have screens set up so you don't need binoculars to watch Alex Lifeson's hands. I had to keep reminding myself to look at the three guys on stage, I'm so used to looking at screens in my day to day life.

(When you look onstage, and you see these three guys so minuscule compared to their screen image, you get amazed at the music they produce live.)

• Like 3

I do want to say one more thing. THEY ABSOLUTELY DO, enforce cell phone usage on rides. If a rider does not comply (Most of the time they are) They WILL stop the ride on the hill and take away the article by force. 

I've seen The Beast being stopped before at the bottom of the lift for a Ride operator to come out of the station and take away the phone, and the train was sent on the way. They do enforce it, if a guest does not want to comply. 

I've heard the announcement on Diamondback, Banshee, The Beast, The Racer (Especially), even Adventure Express of all rides. 

• Like 3

I have never taken a selfie picture. My 8 year old daughter took a few last weekend. Pretty good ones too, except that her arms are too short to include a large backdrop. She wants a selfie stick for her birthday. I am not going to get her one. I am not going to stop Nanna from getting her one though. 

• Like 5

Selfie, man I despise that word and the trend.

Folks spend so much time taking pictures to remember their trip, they don't get to enjoy their trip.

And "ducklips".......Can't stand 'em

When I see someone doing it, I just wanna walk over and squeeze their lips together.

According to my thirteen year old, it is not a pleasant experience.

• Like 7

I do want to say one more thing. THEY ABSOLUTELY DO, enforce cell phone usage on rides. 

It's very seldom honestly..and I can assure you for a fact it's never happened on Banshee. The lift is locked out, I've never once watched a train get stopped and taken care of there. I even pointed it out to a ride op, you could see the camera on the left side clear as day and not one care was given...But it's a whatever..IROC will hurt this park as it has all others in the CF chain, especially Cedar Point.

• Like 3

Was Diamondback open today?  The web cam is showing an image from yesterday just after 3 P.M.

A friend said on Facebook that she rode it this morning, and I believe it was open yesterday evening also (not sure on the latter).

I rode Diamondback the day of the incident.  It was the last ride of the nite for me, during fireworks.  They were back to three train operation at that point.

• Like 1

I failed today. I got to the park after work and reached back for my clothes to change into. Yep, no socks! I went in several stores before finding a pair in the store next to Auntie Anne's along International Street.

The store was called Peanuts something. They aren't very manly socks either but all you can see are the white at the top sticking out of my shoes. Lol

• Like 7

Ride ops today were telling everybody to make sure to get their free cups of water because it was a hot one.

They were doing that on Wednesday also. I heard the announcement about the free water cups several times while in line for White Water Canyon, and a few times in other places as well.

Come to think about it, I haven't ever heard them advertise the free water cups before, not even on the hottest and most humid days.

• Like 1

Ride ops today were telling everybody to make sure to get their free cups of water because it was a hot one.

They were doing that on Wednesday also. I heard the announcement about the free water cups several times while in line for White Water Canyon, and a few times in other places as well.

Come to think about it, I haven't ever heard them advertise the free water cups before, not even on the hottest and most humid days.

I've never heard that before, either.  However, at various points last summer, Firehawk did have a five gallon water cooler in the queue where the separator sits/stands.