Kings Island 2015 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

I was going to my car today in the parking lot and I saw 2 McDonald's bags in different spots filled with trash. This ticks me off. Why would you be so lazy as to stuff your garbage in a McDonald's bag and assume someone else is going to pick it up??? There are garbage cans everywhere... Use them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

The Kroger tickets allow ERT just like regular Gold/Plat holders until June 30. Bring the paper voucher with you to the main gate where you will get a wristband.

Does every ticket have to be purchased separately?

Edit: We got the tickets. Each came with an ERT voucher. Thanks for the help!

• Like 1

I was going to my car today in the parking lot and I saw 2 McDonald's bags in different spots filled with trash. This ticks me off. Why would you be so lazy as to stuff your garbage in a McDonald's bag and assume someone else is going to pick it up??? There are garbage cans everywhere... Use them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was pleasently shocked at how many trash cans they had out in the parking lot. But it was still very disappointing to see how much trash was just thrown on the outside of cars. I know Kings Island owns a street sweeper but that doesn't make it acceptable.

• Like 2

This happened a week and a half ago but I have been too busy to post, but still wanted to share.  My daughter and I were there Monday before last and rode FOF and were in front seat.  It launched us through the tunnel but right before it started to go up to the first loop it came to a dead stop.  Wacked my head pretty good on the seat when it stopped and got stuck there for like 20 minutes while our feet were going numb from the restraints, but turned out to be a really cool experience.  They turned the lights while we were waiting and it was amazing seeing what it looks like with the lights on.  One of the ride ops walked through the tunnel and hung out with us and she said she had worked that ride for 3 years and had never gotten to walk down the tunnel before.  She was so jazzed about it and was going on and on about how it was a once in a lifetime opportunity to see what the ride actually looks like that everyone on the train was excited too.  She was even taking pics of people with their cell phones with the track in the background.  They eventually drug the train back to the station and had us get off and then we got to get back on and ride a little while later.    It was way cool and I was very inpressed with the op and how she made an uncomfortable 20 minutes seem like fun.

• Like 11

Had a great time today. The predicted rain drove the crowds away, as the actual storm around 2 or so did as well. Full trip report coming over the weekend.

Also, the food prices surprised me. 15 bucks for a meal? I can go to McDonalds and get one for 5. We did decide to go to Reds HOF Grille. We expected the prices to be through the roof, but we were surprised when we looked at the menu and saw that the prices were just like any sit-down restaurant. The food was good as well, although my dad complained that his burger was small for a $10 burger (although the onion rings on top probably made up for the cost!). The Spicy & Sweet sauce was pretty good, although I still prefer Pizza Hut's Sweet Chili. I thought the Spicy Garlic was good as well, but I also thought it was lacking some flavor and heat. Although my mom couldn't handle it, so I don't know. Also, it's the only place in the park with free refills without a brand new souvenir cup. I was extremely impressed. My dad also happens to be a Reds fan, so that was a nice treat for him as well.

Also, if you want to get ERT but don't have a pass, Kroger should still have vouchers until the end of the month. They are only valid until the end of the month though. You just hand them to the person at the gold pass entrance and they'll take em.

• Like 2

Went today and my 5 year old daughter hit the 48 inch mark for the first time! Was an awesome experience just seeing her joy in getting to ride all these new rides she's seen the last few years but not been able to ride. Rode all the 48 inch rides with the exceptions of Drop Tower, Beast, and Vortex which we were also going to get but the rain got in the way since we decided to leave after the downpour around 2.

I was told her favorite new ride was Zephyr and favorite new coaster was The Bat. But really she enjoyed all the new rides. She was kinda upset she couldn't do the Dodgems on her own as she couldn't reach the pedal but she was OK with doing the steering while I just held down the pedal.

Her first ride was on Racer which she loved, I was kinda annoyed though because when we were going up the lift hill there was a teen on the red Racer (we were on the blue) yelling at his friend in the seat behind us "F*** YOU!!" repeatedly and flipping him the bird the whole way up thinking he was being funny, luckily it didn't phase my daughter as she was more into the ride than senseless idiots, but still left a bad taste in my mouth.

Other than that "incident" I had a blast getting to see my daughter have first experiences on these new rides and look forward to doing Beast and Vortex with her next week.

• Like 14

I have on black gym shorts and Coasterstock shirt. can't ride any coasters anymore this season so I don't come up much, let alone full days, so I doubt I will see you. Not going to make my rounds through the whole park today. We got to the freeway exit at 4:30, in the gates and parked by 5, ate dinner at Chicken Shack, amd are now camping out for the 7pm show of Cirque Imagine :) after that the plan is Grand Carousel, BBOBH, and maybe Woodstock Gliders if the line isn't long. Had stuff to do earlier or we would have been up here sooner :)

Baby Crawford coming 2016!

• Like 2

Things I found on the ground today at KI:

Seven pennies

Three dimes

Two little plastic goldfish (one green, one orange)

Someone's Gold Pass (I dropped off in Guest Services)

Those stupid plastic fish drive me nuts!  They are only one ticket at the arcade and my daughter has a ton of them.  I keep finding them in my car, in the house, in my purse, sucked up in the vaccuum, etc.

• Like 3