Woodstock Express 45 millionth ride

Viking Fury 30 millionth ride

Flight of Fear 15 millionth ride

Character Carousel 12 millionth ride

Invertigo 10 millionth ride

Firehawk 5 millionth ride

Skyflyer 1 millionth ride"

From https://www.visitkingsisland.com/media-center/ride-record-book

I wonder if we'll see any prize celebrations at any of those milestones. I really enjoyed trying to be the winner during the ones last summer, and even managed to be on the same train as the 50-millionth Beast rider.

• Like 6

I don't know why, but it's really striking to me how different the capacities of those rides are compared to Banshee. Of course, these numbers are rounded one way or another and don't truly take into account all of the riders for this year, but I think it's accurate enough to get the point across:

In 43 years, Woodstock Express has averaged 1,046,512 riders a year.

In 33 years, Viking Fury has averaged 909,091 riders a year, and Character Carousel has averaged 363,636 riders a  year.

In 20 years, Xtreme Skyflier has averaged 50,000 riders a year.

In 19 years, Flight of Fear has averaged 789,474 riders a year.

In 16 years, Invertigo has averaged 625,000 riders a year.

In 8 years, Firehawk has also averaged 625,000 riders a year.

And in one year, Banshee thrilled 2,000,000 riders. That's almost as much as the total average ridership per year of Flight of Fear, Invertigo, and Firehawk combined. I guess I never really perceived the capacities of those rides as being as low as they are, but then again, that's why people around here tell you not to base a ride's popularity on the length of the line. I mean, I knew Invertigo and Firehawk especially don't have great capacities, but this just kinda put it in perspective for me.

• Like 10

Time is an illusion. Passing events get stored in our memories, but the lengths of time do not (otherwise, we would have to "replay" entire processes as we remembered them in order to reach a specific memory, rather than being able to recall instantly like we do). Therefore, anticipation and present-time experiences are perceived as slightly longer in terms of time content. If we think of events in reverse order, it helps us to orient ourselves as to how "long ago" something happened. Because of known limitations, such as lengths of days, life spans, physical distances, etc., our minds naturally gravitate towards plotting events onto a path, rather than stacking them in a fixed, randomly-accessible point. If it "goes" anywhere, it's always here, now.

• Like 15

Time is an illusion. Passing events get stored in our memories, but the lengths of time do not (otherwise, we would have to "replay" entire processes as we remembered them in order to reach a specific memory, rather than being able to recall instantly like we do). Therefore, anticipation and present-time experiences are perceived as slightly longer in terms of time content. If we think of events in reverse order, it helps us to orient ourselves as to how "long ago" something happened. Because of known limitations, such as lengths of days, life spans, physical distances, etc., our minds naturally gravitate towards plotting events onto a path, rather than stacking them in a fixed, randomly-accessible point. If it "goes" anywhere, it's always here, now.

Wow. That's deep, man. :)

• Like 8

Is this really Rust Cohle posting as Thrill Biscuit? ;)

• Like 3

Went to the park today for a few hours with toddler shark. We hit up Planet Snoopy, a great cheese steak at Snake Pit, and a trip on the train.

Has the flower clock been up this year? I noticed the part where the gears would be is still covered up. Also, man the train ride needs some paint on those buildings....

On a great positive toddler shark rode the kid bumper cars for the first time. He had a great time but couldn't figure out how to not get it to go in reverse circles! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

2015 has been so far a very eventful year at Kings Island. Season Pass Exclusive Offers site,  Season Pass holder opening night, Action Zone Season Pass ERT, Coasterstock, Banshee Brew Festival, Soak City Season Pass ERT, Food Truck Festival , and Beast/Diamondback Season Pass ERT. Just if you see KI Marketing / PR team just take a moment say thank you for all these great events and hoping for more to come in 2016.

• Like 6

The clock was working early in the season. Then one visit someone pointed out it wasn't keeping correct time. My next visit and all the ones since, the hands/mechanism have been gone.

Okay then I'm not crazy. I thought I saw the hands earlier in the year but wasn't quite sure.

• Like 3

The clock was working early in the season. Then one visit someone pointed out it wasn't keeping correct time. My next visit and all the ones since, the hands/mechanism have been gone.

Okay then I'm not crazy. I thought I saw the hands earlier in the year but wasn't quite sure.

At the park today, clock not working but in time to show off for Food Truck Festival. c5f78441efeb560adfea4c0a7544988b.jpg
  • Like 8

I rode Vortex for the first time this season yesterday and I think that if the ride could talk, it would say what the new Joker says.

2A81837C00000578-3159895-image-m-108_143

"I'm not gonna kill you. I'm just gonna hurt you, really, really, bad"

Maybe the worst ride experience I've ever had on the ride. My back ached the rest of the day and my head felt awful. I had to wait almost 2 hours before riding another ride it was so bad.

• Like 1

Where did you ride on Vortex? How was the restraint positioned on you? What time of day? How full was the train?

Most of the time, people ride in rows that do give less than pleasant rides. There is a method to madness when riding any Arrow coasters. For instance, you will never see me ride any other row on Magnum at Cedar Point than 13.

• Like 3

I hated Vortex for years, this site taught me to ride in row 9. Very good advice, car 5 row 1. A smooth ride, most days.

More adventurous, row 13. Car 7 row 1. I'll ride here every time. The downside is if the cars in front of you are empty, it can shuffle. 

• Like 1