Kings Island 2015 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

Would adding extra track to Adventure Express after the 2nd lift hill even be possible?

I have this pipe dream where Kings Island (in an apparent attempt to abandon the ride's target audience) adds a Verbolten-style drop track after the second lift hill. Picture a left turn into a pitch-black room, where the train comes to a quiet stop. You hear the booming voice of the main "tiki man" announce, "You will never leave this place!" In a flash, fire licks around the train, illuminating the crumbling pillars barely supporting the roof. Thunder starts to boom. You hear chanting and drum beats. The intensity of the thunder and fire increase. The pillars and roof start to fracture (using some effect like this), ominous red light shining through the holes in the ceiling. A huge boom, and you fall.

You roll backwards in darkness onto a turntable. While you're reoriented in the right direction, you hear the voice of the old station announcer call, "There they are! We've found them! Pull them up!" You roll forward onto an enclosed lift (in place of the current brake run--don't ask me where they store trains now) and hear, "We thought you had been lost to the jungle. Thank goodness you are safe." You roll out of the tunnel and into the station.

I dunno. I just think something like that would be fun. The budget and required amount of upkeep required are unrealistic, but it's fun to imagine.

• Like 15

Yea but the 11th Commandment is more about removal of ride than improvements to it. 

And TomRaiderFTW that would be an awesome finale, shame to know we are doubtful to ever see anything close. Think any change to track is a pipe dream but that would be awesome. Hopefully we can at least get improved effects at some point.

• Like 6

Hey amazing people, just a few quick questions because I wanted to get my Kings Island fix before I have to wait till Haunt. First, I'm planning on going either Sunday or Monday, which day would probably be less crowded? As with the bring a friend part, do I have to buy the tickets online, or can I show up at the gate and get the $20 tickets? (Yes, I have a pass)

Hey CoasterDirected , my best bet is gonna be Sunday 10-10 and yes you can purchase your BAF ticket at the gate , just flash your pass.

Thanks, my father wanted me to be 100 % sure. Money's just a little tight, nothing major, but my sister wanted to get her first ride on practically everything above Racer, and I was able to convince him with $1 food days and the bring a friend days (My dad or sister don't have a pass). 

• Like 2

Too bad it's too short of a notice but I have 2 free comp tickets good until Monday only that I could have given to u. We are thinking about just giving them away Saturday at the park at least they wouldn't go to waste.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I might have once hidden a ticket in a bush near the front gate one time for a friend because I had an extra ticket that he wanted.

At least he found it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Too bad it's too short of a notice but I have 2 free comp tickets good until Monday only that I could have given to u. We are thinking about just giving them away Saturday at the park at least they wouldn't go to waste.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It's perfectly fine, we are not off to bad, we just have to manage money a bit better. Also, my dad's the kind of person who will not accept anything free.

• Like 2

I got back from the park a little while ago and had a jam-packed day. My day at the park started with a tall (that's a small for those that don't speak the Starbucks language!  :P) Vanilla Bean Frap and 2 rounds each of Firehawk and Flight of Fear. By the way, did I mention Flight of Fear is running the best it's ever been? :D Made it to every coaster outside of Planet Snoopy (with the exception of Diamondback) plus Congo Falls, Zephyr, Drop Tower, Boo Blasters and Delirium. I also saw a great show of Off The Charts, met up with Goble for a short time, and ended the day with an epic 4-ride Bat marathon. 

EDIT: I forgot I also rode Monster. Unfortunately, I didn't get much spin and I think the white "floorboards" under the black exterior bottom might be to blame. These must have been added during the refurbishment. Can anyone enlighten me on this- whether it is this or I just wasn't trying hard enough? Thanks.

• Like 6

After getting off The Bat tonight there was an alarming amount of police officers in the area, two cars pulled up under the ride they got out and were flash light searching in the trees, and as we headed out, more officers were entering and hastily leaving the line. A friend that works at the park who was with us said her best guess was someone jumping a fence, but even then that late and that many offices was really confusing. 

• Like 3

Welp, not gonna get my Kings Island fix until September 27, BUT I will be going to Cedar Point for Roller Coaster Appreciation night! ALSO, my sister is getting into roller coasters and my dad absolutely loved Cedar Point when we went. We agreed if I could pay for my Platinum Pass, he would get his and my sister's. 

• Like 3