Kings Island 2015 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

I'm not sure what this is suppose to mean, but at three different occasions today I noticed Pepsi branding with guests in the park.

1. On a guest's sports jersey (presumably as a sponsor logo)
  2. On a guest's drawstring bag
  3. On a 12 oz. can of Pepsi that a guest was drinking

The obvious hilarity of the situation is that the park contracts with Coke, and I noticed Pepsi.  Ha.

• Like 6

My family and I endured the crowds for an evening at KI last night.  Despite the longest lines and biggest KI crowds I've seen years, we enjoyed a rare front seat ride on Racer.  I forgot how much fun Racer is in the front.

Another surprise was the "Off the Charts" show.  It was a random thing for us as I've not been in the International Showplace in decades.  To be honest, I wasn't expecting much (late day, late season, not my musical taste)   But it was a great show.  Huge cast of band members and singers, and every single one of them was high energy, all smiles, and performing at a high level. Nice mix of a few oldies with the current pop songs.   Great job!

Despite the crazy long dollar days food lines, the Sweet Spot was a "walk-on".  ;^)

• Like 4

I really like Off the Charts which I have posted multiple times on here. I don't feel it's better than Playlist Live but I do understand their reasoning for moving to where they are now as opposed to where Peanuts Live is now as it could get pretty crowded. I always felt Playlist Live felt more like an intimate show as opposed to an event like Off the Charts does.

If there is one thing I would love for Off the Charts to have next year would be a 10:00 show like Playlist Live had instead of the 9:30 show.

• Like 1

For anyone interested,  on September 11th and 12th,  Amusement Today is going to hold their 2015 Golden Ticket Awards.  They are going to have a live stream online on the 12th to watch the awards on Youtube.  Lets hope Kings Island brings home the ''Best Kids' Area" for the fifteenth time in a row.   It'll be interesting to see what other parks get also.

http://amusementtoday.com/2015/09/2015-golden-ticket-award-ceremony-to-stream-live/

In 2015 days it will be March 21, 2021. How many of us will still be on here discussing what new ride KI will have for 49th year of Kings Island operations ?

On that date, the 49th year will already be over and we'll be getting ready for the 50th year/49th anniversary. ;)

(Direct subtraction of one year from the other only counts one of the endpoint years, which is appropriate for the anniversary. However, both endpoints must be counted for the "Xth year"; e.g. 1973 - 1972 = 1, but 1973 is obviously the second year, not the first.)

• Like 2

There is something the Diamondback crew did on P&G Day that I hope they continue.  They did advise guests that they were dispatching in 20-30 seconds each time, but they did it in a way that, for lack of a better word, motivated guests to load faster, including the deal with the bins.  It worked fantastically and they were dispatching much like they did when the ride opened.  I hope that's a permanent change.  I think they were dispatching better than Banshee at times- Banshee had triple stacks often that day.   The best part of it was that they were doing it in a way that guests weren't uncomfortable about it.   

Beast was also pumping trains through pretty well, though, they did it so close together that the trains were crawling or stopping on the first lift.  I actually don't mind a delay there so that the first lift is a bit quicker.  

• Like 11

There is something the Diamondback crew did on P&G Day that I hope they continue.  They did advise guests that they were dispatching in 20-30 seconds each time, but they did it in a way that, for lack of a better word, motivated guests to load faster, including the deal with the bins.  It worked fantastically and they were dispatching much like they did when the ride opened.  I hope that's a permanent change.  I think they were dispatching better than Banshee at times- Banshee had triple stacks often that day.   The best part of it was that they were doing it in a way that guests weren't uncomfortable about it.   

Beast was also pumping trains through pretty well, though, they did it so close together that the trains were crawling or stopping on the first lift.  I actually don't mind a delay there so that the first lift is a bit quicker.  

Sounds like somebody at KI mangement has seen how they run Fury 325

• Like 2