Kings Island 2015 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

It's basically an entrance exit, but converge on the same intersection. Now I don't know how well this will be for traffic.. I'm going to assume deadly. (At least for time.) Especially on opening day, this entrance will certainly be busy.

They have to build the entrance still, and then they have to redo all of the road work and lights right there, because all of those lines will certainly be different.

I'm going to assume that there will be a double turn lane from southbound. 

Like this for example (STILL ME GIVING EXAMPLES, NOT OFFICIAL)

b4db4943db77870a0137e08fe67b4b44.jpg

• Like 5

^ That seems reasonable. A double turn lane for southbound is a good idea.

I would say though that I'm guessing the continuous right-turn lane for northbound traffic will have at least two lanes (the old south tolls had three turn lanes for northbound), and the driveway in the lower right will probably become right-in/right-out only with an uninterrupted median strip across from it, requiring traffic wishing to make a left out of the church lot to exit at the traffic light instead.

• Like 1

Having never used the North entrance, I have been giving this some thought.  I have slowly been changing my route to the park, namely to avoid the grid lock on 275 between 75 and 71.  While the distance is shorter, it gets quite frustrating to have been cruising along for over an hour on the way to the park only to send up almost parking before I get to 71.  I am looking at some rerouting to head to North side.

I know it depends on the time of day that we go.  Towards the end of the season, we would go early to avoid the rush hour, but then had to wait for the park to open.

Another aspect about a North only gate and coming from the South is that it will appear that we are passing the park.  I know that is mostly a mental trick, but I am sure that I will get a WTH look for from my son.

I trust my fellow local KIC'ers will keep all posted on how this is developing.

• Like 2

^^ True, I believe it'll probably be two lanes, even 3. As the turn looked to hold 2 or 3 lanes. I am not certain how many though. If I looked again I'd probably be sure. I'm going to say it'll be 3 lanes based on memory. 

^ You've probably never used the North Entrance because it was always closed. 

So the south entrance had 3 turn ones because the drive way to road was not very long. Those two turn lanes on the far right were basically parking lot toll extensions at busy times. The continuous right turn wouldn't have to be more than two lanes. Since it will open up into a 16 lane toll booth. So it's possible that a continuous turn could use only 1 lane but that's a bottle neck area. SO two should be fine.

The North Entrance wasn't always closed, just closed on non busy days.

Lastly driving by it 3 times a week each direction for work it looks like the entrance lanes are being built versus having the exit divided up. If that makes sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

"OH MAN Diamondback was kind of rough last year. Remember how it felt like it was on a rumble strip"

"Yeah but did you hear they got new wheels?"

"Oh wow I bet it rides like its brand new, they really take care of their coasters, we should head back down this summer"

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Just cruised by the park on my way home. Love the green and red lights on the tower. Also it looks like 1-2 lanes on the road have been added from the end of the drop off heading toward Great Wolf Lodge where it looks to merge(?) into one lane before owning up into two lanes for the turn lane into the park. Also it was dark so I don't claim 100% accuracy at 45 MPH

• Like 5