Kings Island 2015 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

Actually that FreeStyle Machine isn't for Rivertown Potato Works, I think the this is going in front of the train station that used to be home to the Dippin Dots Depot.

Does that mean we won't have my beloved Dippin' Dots Depot? :(

Also, I was recently watching a video about the new Magic Kingdom Hub and the gardens and such and I thought about Tower Gardens and how it too could be as pretty and serene as the Magic Kingdom's are. (They recently opened the East and West sides)

• Like 2

Just was checking out the season passholder portal part of KI's site, and noticed one of the offers is for a free day of care at the Red Dog Pet Resort and Spa. Boarding was never free for gold or platinum passholders at the Kings Island kennel, was it? Makes it hurt a little less for those who used it that it's been removed.

• Like 5

Am I reading the map right? A 3rd Freestyle Machine for Rivertown Potato Works?!

I wonder where they'd put it... :huh:

Is there not one in the International Street Fudge and Candy Shop anymore?

I didn't know there was one there. So either they're moving it or, even better, there will be 4 of them! B)

That Coke Freestyle machine was removed a couple of years ago. I think it was only there in the first year of Freestyle machines (2012). IIRC, it was replaced with a normal fountain for 2013, while at the same time Juke Box gained its Freestyle machines. I imagine the fact that the one in the candy shop was not self-serve did not go over exceedingly well with guests that wanted to mix multiple drinks.

• Like 2

And the number of serious issues SIX has had with Star Flyers?

As opposed to WindSeekers?

See also California. Or Knott.

Kinda a loaded question there. Personally, I understand that Cedar Fair needed to strictly enforce its agreements with vendors that presumably amount to non-disclosure. After Funtime leaked that Cedar Fair was planning to install its rides, that shows that the company was not willing to treat its client with due respect.

At the same time, that does not mean that Kinzel should have run to the first manufacturer of a competing product in order to show them up or what not. Personally, I would have postponed the project until I could put in due effort to vet the competition. But hey, I didn't have an ego to prove with a "last hurrah".

• Like 5

I think may have been a pride issue. Mondial could have very well been brought in out of spite. Another possibility is that they regretted signing with Funtime and looked for a way out. The Wind Seeker model was supposed to be more wind friendly in all. However, you've got to ask yourself, "Has Mondial lived up to their end of the contract?." A certain level of performance can be expressed or implied in contracts.

• Like 2

"NEW FOR (Insert year here), (Insert name here) ! Experience the first of its' kind attraction at Kings Island!" That brings guests folks, and it is what parks need for $$.

If you get the first of its' kind attractions, it's personally a wild card. WindSeeker is an amazing attraction that brings in guests, you can't find a MONDIAL WindSeeker anywhere else. You get some flukes, like Knott's, and some of the top of the line, Kings Island for example. They could either fly, or die quick. As Terp said, look at The Bat V1, first of its' kind, and it had some iffy moments. But in the end, it was taken out. SOB, well, everyone knows THAT story.

• Like 1

And that's the thing I really don't get. Even of the purchase agreement for the second batch was signed before the first batch opened, they should've at least made it contingent upon the successful opening of the first. To go ahead and add more of the untested prototypes that had serious issues puzzles me. Not to mention, did they really need SIX of them?

https://twitter.com/KingsIslandPR/with_replies

@KingsIslandPR any chance we could see an update to the KI mobile app?

@marth555 There will be some updates before the season begins April 18.

@treywiley007 when will the mobile app display the new map?

@KingsIslandPR When the season opens April 18.

Hopefully its chain wide as all of the park apps seem to be last updated in 2013

• Like 2

Yeah, it annoys me more than it probably should that the calendar in the app is so out of date.

They seem to want me to download and use the app since they continue to link to their apps on their web site, however they apparently don't REALLY want me to use it since it's never updated. Maybe I expect too much...

• Like 3

Be sure to follow Don Helbig (@DonHelbig) on Twitter this season for exclusive updates, Q&A sessions, "Tweet-up" contests at the park, and more. https://twitter.com/DonHelbig

Just posted today was this photo of the very nicely repainted Shake, Rattle & Roll ride vehicles:

CAVtpTTW4AASQ_5.jpg

Photo: Don Helbig via Twitter: https://twitter.com/DonHelbig/status/577988695166451712

• Like 13

Which also means that it is the same amount of time to my wedding. My wedding day is on KI opening day. So between the rehearsal dinner the night before and my wedding itself, I will not make it to KI opening day for the first time in many, many years. I have gone to every opening day since maybe 1999! But this is a very important reason not to make it to opening day. And then I will leave bright and early on Sunday morning for an eight day honeymoon out in California. (And yes, roller coasters will be involved out there, including a visit to Knott`s Berry Farm and Disneyland!)

• Like 17

Hey, I don't blame you. Going to Kings Island is very nice, but some things are more important. What you're doing on opening day? Yeah, that's a lot more important that KI opening day.

And hey- you will be riding coasters on your honeymoon in California. That sounds like it'll be awesome. :P And congratulations on the whole thing.

• Like 5

Which also means that it is the same amount of time to my wedding. My wedding day is on KI opening day. So between the rehearsal dinner the night before and my wedding itself, I will not make it to KI opening day for the first time in many, many years. I have gone to every opening day since maybe 1999! But this is a very important reason not to make it to opening day. And then I will leave bright and early on Sunday morning for an eight day honeymoon out in California. (And yes, roller coasters will be involved out there, including a visit to Knott`s Berry Farm and Disneyland!)

I don't know, I've been married for what seems like an eternity now, so if I had to choose........

Only kiddin', Congrats!

• Like 4