Kings Island 2015 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

Sorry I've missed the countdown to Opening Day the past couple days. I've been very busy and also caught the flu bug yesterday. But I'll try my best to keep up for the next 25 days. And yes, the same 25 days until Kings Island opens to the public for the first time in 2015!!

No photo today. Sorry.

• Like 3

^ Good luck on your interview!

Since you post here, make sure to pay special attention to the company's rules about what you can (and can't) share via online platforms.

(As an example, if you take a picture at the park while going for an interview, you can't share it online because it was taken from an area currently off-limits to the general public.)

• Like 8

I have applies for either food or park services. I'm hoping for park services though.

I'll not lie, if I lived closer, I'd love to be a litter gitter.

Tower Gardens is in such a sweet section of park, I do sit there a lot for a break. It does need some major upkeep.

It always surprises me to see people reading books there. I guess I'm rambunctious, I wouldn't take a book to a theme park- I don't even take my phone.

• Like 4

I don't even take my phone.

That's something we've been considering, but have kept ours with us in case someone needed to contact us in an emergency.

Is it possible to have them contact the park and have us paged or something? I'd love to not feel like i have to carry my phone.

• Like 2

I have applies for either food or park services. I'm hoping for park services though.

If you do food, try to do the smaller, walk-up stands like Potato Works or the Coney Mall Skyline. They have smaller patios and are generally easier areas to work compared to Festhaus or the Reds HoF Grille. I-Street's LaRosa's patio is massive. I had to close what was then WINGS once and didn't get out until well after 2 am on a 10 pm close.

• Like 2

How do you guys keep your phones safe (not falling off rides). I wear a Fanny Pack under my shirt. ( I also have medicine with me too)

Two words: Cargo shorts. Preferably with zipper pockets, or failing that, buttons. I don't trust snaps or Velcro. If you have someone in your family who knows how to use a sewing machine, they can take a pair of cargo shorts without zippers and convert the pockets into zipper closures.

Oh, and fanny packs are not allowed on Banshee. Another reason to switch to cargo shorts. :)

• Like 9

How do you guys keep your phones safe (not falling off rides). I wear a Fanny Pack under my shirt. ( I also have medicine with me too)

Two words: Cargo shorts. Preferably with zipper pockets, or failing that, buttons. I don't trust snaps or Velcro. If you have someone in your family who knows how to use a sewing machine, they can take a pair of cargo shorts without zippers and convert the pockets into zipper closures.

Oh, and fanny packs are not allowed on Banshee. Another reason to switch to cargo shorts. :)

There don't offer Cargo shorts for girls ( never have seen them). I wear the pack under my shirt and they cant see it.

• Like 3

There don't offer Cargo shorts for girls ( never have seen them). I wear the pack under my shirt and they cant see it.

Yes, they do offer them for females.

And just because they can't see it doesn't change the fact that you are violating posted signage, which is a misdemeanor under the Ohio Revised Code.

• Like 4

There's nothing wrong with a woman wearing men's cargo shorts/pants, either. I bought a couple pairs of men's shorts from Old Navy last year, and they served me very well.

I already owned some womens' pants with decently sized zipper pockets, that I wore last spring, on cool mornings during the summer, and at Haunt, but they weren't nearly as convenient as the cargo pockets.

So, I already have bought two pairs of men's cargo pants in preparation for this year. I'm thinking about converting all of them from buttons to zippers, for convenience and security, too.

• Like 7

I'm not guaranteeing no one will ever have a problem, but I personally never have had any issues with Velcro- (or Velcro-like) enclosed cargo pockets on roller coasters. That being said, I do feel better with buttons or zippers. Zippers are way more convenient.

The one only time I've had something come loose on a ride was a pair of magnetic sunglass clips (the kind designed for that eyeglass frame). My head bumped against one of those horrible OTSRs on Mantis and they were knocked right off. Luckily, this happened after the final inversion so they were caught by the floor. I don't even have those glasses anymore but I'd never do it again. They did hold on Dragster just fine, though..

• Like 4