Kings Island 2015 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

Walking through Kings Island toward the end of last season, during Haunt, when it was rainy and the park was almost completely dead.. That was creepy. We had three coasters in a row where we walked right into the station and had an entire train for two people. Those were Adventure Express, The Racer, and even Firehawk. Banshee wasn't that dead, though we did end up waiting out a rain delay in the station. All but two other people left, though the rest of the park was also shut down. Can you say creepy?

• Like 6

22... Ah yes the number 22. It's the number with two 2's. Double deuce... two two... But what else does that number stand for? If you guessed the amount of days until Opening Day at Kings Island, then you guessed correctly!

In honor of "Throwback Thursday" here's an old photo of the Antique Cars and Skyride.

45fdef5702dad233378bef5a22957cc4.jpg

http://instagram.com/p/w1_nY5nnXu/

• Like 10

I don't think I saw this before, and I haven't seen it mentioned on KIC: according to the Live Entertainment page, Cirque Imagine opens May 23! For those of you wondering, that's the weekend after Coasterstock.

I think I'm just about as excited for that show as I am for roller coasters to reopen. They seriously wouldn't have to change a thing about that show for this year and I'd be over the moon about seeing it.

• Like 6

I don't think I saw this before, and I haven't seen it mentioned on KIC: according to the Live Entertainment page, Cirque Imagine opens May 23! For those of you wondering, that's the weekend after Coasterstock.

I think I'm just about as excited for that show as I am for roller coasters to reopen. They seriously wouldn't have to change a thing about that show for this year and I'd be over the moon about seeing it.

I never got to see the show last year, but I met all of the people in it when they were hired in. OMG, I could talk to (and stare at a few of) them all day long. Such nice people and funny too!

• Like 2

Watched an in depth CET special on Kings Island's history today. Really neat seeing the father of Kings Island talk about its widespread success and how it sparked many parks to follow in its footsteps. It's come a long way since 1972, and is one of the most historical amusement parks around. I really am looking forward to feeling the wind in my hair on The Beast once again.

Though I will be out of town while opening day is happening, I look forward to this season!

• Like 5

Edited:

I looked it up and the documentary TheCryptCrusader mentioned seems to be called "Riding History to the Limits".

I had a strange dream during an afternoon nap today. The season was starting and we were anxious to find out if some rumored removals of things from the park had occurred. One was the Coney Mall arch (as mentioned in another thread) and the other was a Disney-fied Catholic chapel that had been one of many things in a large building that stood approximately where the Eiffel Tower does in real life. I was telling someone before we went in that Kings Island was more than the sum of its parts, and that no matter how it changed (and that it would ultimately change over time) it would still be special.

• Like 2

So glad the app finally updated. Having the 2013 calendar in the app made me think it had basically been abandoned.

A good portion of it is not displaying for me, but I'm assuming it's the horrible data connection I have at work...

• Like 2

15... Ah yes the number 15. 15 can mean anything. 15 cows, 15 llamas, or 15 minutes of thinking what I should type on this post. What about 15 days? As in 15 days until Opening Day at Kings Island? I think you got the idea.

Before Banshee lurked at Kings Island, there was a certain Beast lurking around the park... Son of Beast? Yes. Throwback photo of SOB construction.

2a59a990b14b135ae3cbdce0d94a7049.jpg

http://instagram.com/p/ztghwtL30s/

• Like 6

Crap. The old trick of going to the site, clicking "full site" and pasting the link is no longer working to be able to see stuff on my phone. When I click full site it just reloads the mobile.

I've got a cat asleep on me so forgive me not getting on a real computer to check: is that quote about $1 Banshee Twists from a specific passholder night or all season? If it's all season, between that and the dining plan I'm probably going to put on weight even with all the walking I do at the park.

• Like 1

Crap. The old trick of going to the site, clicking "full site" and pasting the link is no longer working to be able to see stuff on my phone. When I click full site it just reloads the mobile.

I've got a cat asleep on me so forgive me not getting on a real computer to check: is that quote about $1 Banshee Twists from a specific passholder night or all season? If it's all season, between that and the dining plan I'm probably going to put on weight even with all the walking I do at the park.

Try this link, to which I added the "?mobile=0" suffix that (in the past, at least) has avoided the mobile redirect.

Failing that, the quote is from the ride night for Banshee/Drop Tower/Delirium on Friday, May 15 (i.e. the night before Coasterstock).

• Like 2