Kings Island 2015 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

Who would take their time to get into peoples phones and see what you, a visitor to the park, are up too? Not anyone. I don't believe someone would buy a ticket just to hack into peoples phones at a park.

I'm sure there is no wifi in the parking lot. So the ability to get access from the drop-off area is not likely.

If they can gain good information for financial windfalls, then im sure they could and would.

Yep. Like I said, someone else on the network can probably attempt to spy, but these days, how much usable data are they going to get?

depends on where they go. 90% would be useless data, but if someone had a data miner set up and you have Joe Blow who uses the same user name/pass word for KIC US Bank and their email, then it could be very useful data...

• Like 1

Greg Scheid did a very cool interview in the Springfield News-Sun. I am on mobile or I would link but I am sure it is online.

I tried to read it, Here, but it wont let me.

The site says you must be a premium subscriber to their website to read the full article. Which would be 99 cents for 24 hours of use.......

• Like 1

Kings Island made the decision to run both trains forwards after the manufacturer of the trains advised against running them backwards.

Really? I mean, they ran backwards for how many years? It's pretty unlikely they ran backwards that long and nobody from the manufacturer said anything.

Or were there new trains purchased and that is what caused the change?

• Like 1

Kings Island made the decision to run both trains forwards after the manufacturer of the trains advised against running them backwards.

Really? I mean, they ran backwards for how many years? It's pretty unlikely they ran backwards that long and nobody from the manufacturer said anything.

Or were there new trains purchased and that is what caused the change?

Sorry, that post may have been confusing and/or inaccurate.

After 26 seasons with one side operated backwards, Kings Island decided to return the ride to its original configuration. According to the park, the decision was based on ridership and guest feedback.

At the time, it's my understanding that the manufacturer of the trains recommended forward-facing operation. However, I checked, and they do currently list the backward side of American Eagle at SFGAm on their official website. The park has stated that they were not forced to make the change and could have continued operating one side of The Racer backward had they wanted to.

• Like 2

Next week

My my, what a long time it has been,

dreams,

thoughts,

POVs,

finally coming full circle as I will finally be back at the park.

Just counting down until the water starts to flow.

• Like 3

We are almost there guys! It's the 7th day of April. But the day we want it to be is the 18th of April, which is in 10 days! Why? Because it's Opening Day at Kings Island! Duh! We've made it through 98 percent of the offseason. Let's finish it strong and get ready for a fun and exciting season!

Photo taken by me and edited my me.

df3e735e53cee12c76e8c86e7453665a.jpg

• Like 5

17 -0 no more days left. Last day before opening....

The last day before opening would be 1 day before opening.

Eh... semantics/syntax... depending on how you say it. On the 16th, you could say there is only 1 day left before opening day. On the 17th you could say there are no more days left between me and opening day.... Sort of like how on Friday you dont say you have 1 more day till Saturday.....

I always felt like countdowns lose the day part once you no longer have a whole day to count. Sort of like how I dont have any more years left till Im 30....