Kings Island 2015 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

I went to CP's Subway for the first time this past fall, and only because my friends didn't feel like walking to Pink's. I was really hungry but could only get a 6 inch, they didn't have what I wanted, couldn't toast it, their drink machine wasn't working, the worker wasn't the friendliest, and it wasn't worth the price.

There could be something much better in its place. Likewise with KI's and any others that might be at CF parks.

• Like 4

Quality is the same from my experience, but they have limited meat choices, a limited selection of breads, veggies, and sauces, and at the one next to The Racer, no microwave or toasting oven so you can only get cold subs (the one in Soak City has one or two more meat options as well as microwaves and a toasting oven).

EDIT: It's not just "lower end" subs. They have some of the ones that are more expensive at a regular Subway as well.

Lower end is my judgment. Nothing I'd eat if they PAID ME.

• Like 3

The saddest thing about the Subway in Coney Mall is that it replaced a delightful soft serve stand that also had sundaes, parfaits and was unique to Kings Island. Replaced with a national chain offering only a subset of its already limited menu, with greatly inflated prices.

I was very, very disappointed in Paramount Parks when that happened.

• Like 14

Yea I can't remember the place before Subway there that well but I remember Graeters going in. Wouldn't mind seeing the Subways replaced with new food options unique to the park. Make it a general deli type food stand to still allow the healthier food options that Subway offered.

• Like 7

The saddest thing about the Subway in Coney Mall is that it replaced a delightful soft serve stand that also had sundaes, parfaits and was unique to Kings Island. Replaced with a national chain offering only a subset of its already limited menu, with greatly inflated prices.

I was very, very disappointed in Paramount Parks when that happened.

AMEN!!! I miss the Sweet Tooth
  • Like 2

After doing a little bit of digging, I found that the Subway that replaced the Sweet Tooth stand opened at Kings Island in 2003 (the same year that Bubba Gump`s opened). The Graeters on International Street opened in 2005. See this article that discusses the opening of Graeters: http://www.bizjournals.com/dayton/stories/2005/03/14/daily8.html

• Like 3

Every plastic bag in a retail establishment in DC is 5 cents. Styrofoam containers are soon to be banned here as well. The dining tax, whether eat in or to go, is 10 percent in DC and in most of surrounding MD and VA. The regular sales tax in DC is 5.75 percent, but not on food or medicine.

The big shocker to me was this. You know how if you trade cars, you get a credit for the value of the trade before sales tax is imposed? Not here. Not DC. Not MD. Not VA either.

And the real property tax is unbelievably high. Quite a bit of my astronomical rent goes to cover the property tax, I'm sure.

I have an uncle who used to work in DC. Says the prices of almost anything there was through the roof.

And that was in the 80's.

I can imagine just buying groceries there is astronomical, let alone paying for bags to carry them out in. Can you bring your own bags?

And just ouch on the car thing. Of coarse, if you sell it to a third party, the probably tax the crap out of ya for that, too.

Me an my little cousin was having this debate, said he was gonna move to Columbus to get a better job. Being younger, he didn't put any thought on how much more it was gonna cost him to live there. You might get paid an extra hundred dollars a week, but it's gonna cost ya a $500 to live there.

Never ate Subway at KI. Seeing 99% of the time, I order a double meat steak & cheese,

That would be a major investment.

I'll stick with the clown down the road.

Do they have your sandwich at Camden Park?

//

Try the steak and cheese place near Diamondback if you haven't.

• Like 3

Never ate Subway at KI. Seeing 99% of the time, I order a double meat steak & cheese,

That would be a major investment.

I'll stick with the clown down the road.

Do they have your sandwich at Camden Park?

//

Try the steak and cheese place near Diamondback if you haven't.

Don't know about Camden. Although their food prices are pretty reasonable, We usually wait and hit Hardee's on the way home.

If the whole family is with me, we'll get stamped and go down the street and eat, they don't go enough to buy a Dining Pass for them.

• Like 1