Kings Island 2015 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

The flowering trees in the center of the plaza outside the gates are a particularly fragrant welcome to the park today. Could smell them from quite far away, it was very nice.

Edited to add:

They seem to have replaced Delirium's restraints in the off season. I didn't ride last weekend so it's the first I noticed.

• Like 4

I'm guessing that they don't (yet) have a button on the POS terminal to (re)print a receipt for the last transaction. So there's nothing the cashier can do until the programming is fixed.

Many establishments don't automatically print a receipt for a small credit card transaction, but not being able to print one on request is bizarre.

• Like 1

What it looked like last season was that rides that weren't reported did not show up..  Pretty sure rides would come on and off of the list throughout the day.  Definitely heard ops talking about having to repot numbers every hour or so, so it must be a manual process.  I wonder if that's still the case, and if so, why they don't just simply clear the estimate so it doesn't show up on screen.

• Like 3

Just got back from the park. Great, short lines everywhere. I love the dusk look of SR&R. I showed the Eiffel Tower deck supervisor how to find downtown Cincinnati through the telescope; he had never seen that before (Bonus: I also saw the Great American Tower clearer than ever, too, which was cool!) 

I saw more people cutting into the line for BLSC than ever before; just walking up through the grass, under the rails and into the line.  They had the "switches" configured for maximum queue, so everybody was doing the sideways limbo to get into the line (except yours truly, who must set a good example, if only on principle). Still, it was a short wait for a wonderful, smooth ride!

The Bat was smooth and fun as always, and I looked around at things I've never looked at before while riding that particular coaster. It made for a 'different' feel. It was a walk-on, but only if you didn't care which seat you got.

I stopped into Guest Services and asked about the landscaping. Yes, there will be flowers! We just have to wait for Ohio's weather to level off and be warm consistently. So yea!

I didn't buy park food this trip; instead, I'm heading over to the Skyline near Fields Ertel to munch on some coneys & salad (It has great wifi).

• Like 12

Left the park around 10:20 due to a 10:10 ride on Woodstock Gliders. I took part in a Kings Island Trivia session while I was in line with my friend and a roller coaster enthusiast. l It was my first ride on it this season and I really liked it (It began to rain as soon as I sat down) Great addition to the park!

• Like 6

Had a great day/night tonight. Saw lots of friends, including OhioColts and family, Don, Lorax, Homestar92, and my uncle and cousins. Also, accompanied my 6-year old cousin on his first Beast and Bat rides. He wasn't so sure about The Beast, but he did like The Bat. That really warms my heart as I used to ride that and Adventure Express like crazy when I was a kid and it's great to see that he loved it! Also, got a zen ride on RFYLCB (lol) and got a fireworks ride on Firehawk; it was really cool seeing those fireworks upside-down! Also, before I forget, I did ride the Flyers (Woodstock Gliders) and they were great. I now see what everyone is talking about and why a lot of KICers are thrilled to have Flying Scooters back at the park!

EDIT: Also, wait times weren't too bad; Gliders and Beast were probably the longest waits of the day.

• Like 10

Does it have anything to do with Universal/Marvel having the rights?

I'm going to guess with 99% certainty that it has nothing to do with Universal.... Probably more has to do with an unforeseen issue such as illness, accident, delayed flight, etc....

• Like 4

We had a great time last night.  I had called ahead and customer service confirmed that we could get in a 3 and ERT at 3:30.  They did not open until 3:30, so that was a little annoying until we got to the rides.  We hit Banshee 6 times in a row (4 during ERT).  We just kept going back around because there was no wait.  Yeah, our heads are still paying for it.  We rode once with Magenta Lizard.  The ride picture showed her and my son as the only ones looking like they were having fun.  LOL

Tried Drop Tower, but I was a little "too big".  Funny, I rode it last year and they were able to buckle me in.

Ate at Larosa.  Lines were short and service was quick.  Burgers were not too bad and fries were pretty good.

Diamondback was down when stopped by but as we were walking away it came to life.  We got 3 rides on it.  Awesome airtime.  On one ride, someone ahead of "lost" some quarters on the first air hill.  It was wild. It was like in a movie where they stop the frame and then speed it up.  No one was hurt thankfully.

Maybe its me, but The Beast seems erratic.  I am still trying to figure out why they have seat belts on it.  Mine closed but did not tighten.

We did see the line cutters in Backlot Stunt Coaster, but we went through the lines properly.  That is a good little ride.  Getting in a out is tricky but this was our second time on it.  It seems to be better at dusk/night.

We closed the night with Firehawk.  I think it was down quite a bit, as we did not see it running from any of the other rides.  Again, the line was about nothing, so we finished with 4 rides on it.  Fireworks on it are quite different.

I'll post some pictures (once I figure out how).

• Like 10

Picture #19 with its caption:

WCPO_Kings_Island21_1429356407264_169839 
Kings Island offered a preview night for season pass holders on April 17,2015. The Drop Tower and Sling Shot are two of the popular rides in the Scream Zone area of Kings Island.

At least they got the name of the park right.

• Like 10

In grade school, I knew someone who purposefully used British English on assignments despite being an American English native. The teacher would give him back his docked points back when he smugly pointed out that he used a correct form of the language.

• Like 3