Kings Island 2015 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

They have other barrel-style rides besides the Intamin one. Example: http://www.flatrides.com/rides/barreloffun.html (This being a typical neighborhood carnival/county fair ride.) Maybe not likely to happen, just throwing out random ideas. I guess we shall see eventually! :)

REally any manufacturer that makes a spinning teacups or Tilt-A-Whirl style ride could be sought to build one at KI and give it a barrel theme to fit into Oktoberfest. Always thought this would be great to bring back. Would add another attraction to that area of the park for cheap and be another flat ride that is a style we no longer have at the park either.

• Like 6

Hmmm, here's a thought... What are they doing with CP's Antique Cars? ......

Staying at Cedar Point. The Turnpike cars were the cars that were removed from Cedar Point. The Antique cars along with the Cadillac Cars will be at CP in 2015.

• Like 6

And bought how many of the at first problematic WindSeekers? And a water ride at Cedar Point that was even more troublesome?

Terp, who likes to ask questions.

image.jpg1_6.jpg

A boat was upside down at the bottom of the hill, with riders submerged in the water. If not for the quick response of bystanders, people may very well have died.

Your "response" therefore shows a complete and total lack of understanding of the subject you are trying to argue about. What COULD have happened can be just as important as what actually DID happen...

No. INTAMIN's reputation with Cedar Fair did. And the "But did you die?" or "acceptable level of risk" attitude is why.

Safety is Paramount at Cedar Fair.

...which is apparently a lesson that Intamin also needs to learn.

jcgoble3, who had a snarky comment here but decided to be polite and remove it before he posted

• Like 9

Well- looking at the area with Google Maps- while the former Tower Gardens are big enough for TWO standard-sized flat rides (based on the size of the nearby Scrambler and Monster at least), I wasn't sure an Antique Car ride would even fit...so I looked up how big Holiday World's Lewis and Clark Trail attraction is in comparison. To my surprise, Lewis and Clark trail could very nearly fit- though to be honest, the area would result in a very small antique car ride and thus likely not be nearly as good as the one that we lost. I'd still go for the spin-and-barf tubs or a Tilt-A-Whirl myself there.

• Like 2

Tearing out the Tower Gardens so late in the construction season kind of leads me to believe one of the following:

A. It's something big that will take a long time to build or

B. It's something not considered relative enough to have completed by opening day or

C. It's more patio space that will open later in the season

I think it's most likely C, a revamp of the Tower Gardens as a cleaner, more modern venue that will open later.

• Like 3

Well- looking at the area with Google Maps- while the former Tower Gardens are big enough for TWO standard-sized flat rides (based on the size of the nearby Scrambler and Monster at least), I wasn't sure an Antique Car ride would even fit...so I looked up how big Holiday World's Lewis and Clark Trail attraction is in comparison. To my surprise, Lewis and Clark trail could very nearly fit- though to be honest, the area would result in a very small antique car ride and thus likely not be nearly as good as the one that we lost. I'd still go for the spin-and-barf tubs or a Tilt-A-Whirl myself there.

You also have to consider the fact that while it is a smaller space than the one we lost, the old car ride at Kings Island had two completely separate paths so it was really like half the size of the land. And I think there is enough room to add one in as things are now. Could use the remaining open space next to BLSC and have it bridge over the walkway and utilize the open space next to the International Street Theater and Diamondback's break run. There is plenty of room there for a single track car ride.

Could round out a nice midway for International Street there too if they did put a flat ride or two where Tower Gardens is now. Think putting one fo the two you listed would be great because would add another ride but leave enough free space to keep plenty of trees and maybe a smaller sitting/gardens are there too

And bought how many of the at first problematic WindSeekers? And a water ride at Cedar Point that was even more troublesome?Terp, who likes to ask questions.

image.jpg1_6.jpg
A boat was upside down at the bottom of the hill, with riders submerged in the water. If not for the quick response of bystanders, people may very well have died.Your "response" therefore shows a complete and total lack of understanding of the subject you are trying to argue about. What COULD have happened can be just as important as what actually DID happen...

No. INTAMIN's reputation with Cedar Fair did. And the "But did you die?" or "acceptable level of risk" attitude is why.Safety is Paramount at Cedar Fair.

...which is apparently a lesson that Intamin also needs to learn.jcgoble3, who had a snarky comment here but decided to be polite and remove it before he posted
Sorry my humor came off as a lack of understanding. Don't judge me, I have Intamititus especially in the Giga coaster department.
  • Like 3

I stepped outside this morning and said, "Wow, this is going to be a very rainy and sad day." Then the afternoon came and then I said, "Yay! No more rain!" It turned out to be a very nice day. That means that we are 34 days away until Opening Day at Kings Island!!

@KingsIslandPR posted this on Instagram: http://instagram.com/p/0NMqAGOOIg/

Also remember when I posted a throwback photo KI retweeted a few days ago? Well it inspired me to do another Then vs. Now gif. Here it is!

https://vimeo.com/122213529

• Like 3

Honstly aftergoign through it the last couple years I wouldn't mind if it was retired for something new. Or revamp it like Slaughterhouse got this year elsewhere in the park. I thinkt he concept is a good one but the execution has been pretty weak. Also not sure if it's just the night I went but there were hardly any scareactors in it. Think we walked halfway through it before the first one popped out.

• Like 2

Corn Stalkers could come back in A Zone behind Congo Falls or in the old Construction Zone behind the Dogems, but I think it would work between FAAC and RFYLCB in the old access road, but that depends on if its still there after the creation of the petting zoo.

Probably going to be more haunt buildings popping up this year.

Am I reading the map right? A 3rd Freestyle Machine for Rivertown Potato Works?!

I wonder where they'd put it... :huh:

Is there not one in the International Street Fudge and Candy Shop anymore?

I didn't know there was one there. So either they're moving it or, even better, there will be 4 of them! B)