Cedar Point dive coaster?

And then there's the removal of several family rides- while the removal of one of the Antique Car rides might be OK, since they have 3 of them, removing 2 could hurt and this also says the Dodgems and Calypso will be removed or at least moved. If removed, that would not be good as you need family rides as much as coasters.

Given this is nothing but a rumor article but including anonymous comments in your post may be a bit of a stretch.

Hmm..."they aren't insanely intense"...that one line has made me think a bit and makes the idea of a CP dive machine a bit interesting. I was thinking this type of coaster would COMPETE with the likes of TTD and such...but, if instead it's going for a more "GP-Friendly" approach (IE a medium-high but not insane intensity level) it could work on the same level as Gatekeeper- it looks huge and fearsome, but is in fact actually somewhat tame and approachable. The challenge would be, since Dive Machines can break the 200' mark and have inversions, getting the userbase who would enjoy it (those wanting a bigger coaster than Blue Streak or Iron Dragon, but not quite ready for the super-intense stuff) to realize it won't be THAT bad. Though Gatekeeper was stupidly popular (2,000,000+ riders and most ridden coaster in the park) its debut season and it had the same challenges (Gatekeeper is 170-feet tall and has numerous inversions), so perhaps Cedar Point has already figured out how to do just that. Plus this WOULD be a B&M so it'd be super-reliable and high capacity...and CP would have so many high capacity coasters then (mainly due to how many Arrow and B&M products they have- those companies rides typically have great capacity)...

Though a Dive Machine- like Gatekeeper for the most- would probablly have hardcore enthusiasts wanting more...then again we are like 5% of park-goers at best so it's the GP who will pull the most weight in the decision-making process.

I still think CP could use the Wooden Coaster or Dark Ride though. And, as stated, with Wildcat and DT gone there is room for another family coaster in the lineup. And a huge flying coaster on the level of Tatsu would also fit perfectly, but that would be a much bigger investment.

^
Yeah. I've realized that now- seems total bogus. First post will be edited.

"A memo from Bolliger & Mabillard, based in Switzerland, appears to detail a new $15 million coaster tagged in the memo as The Dive Coaster."

1. How did the reporter get the memo? I'll believe it when they publish it.

2. I'm very suspicious about a "leaked memo". Can't imagine B&M or anyone else allowing this to happen...if it did happen.

3. The Dive Coaster....this could be a cover name such as "Project The Dive Coaster" if the memo is real.

4. It could be a diversion...of some sort.

(however it's getting (edit) 'people' to talk about what they like and don't like about this so called Dive Coaster.)

• Like 2

No I have not. To each his own though. People hate Gatekeeper yet I loved it.

I loved Wild Eagle so I would most likely enjoy Gatekeeper as well.

The drop on Shiekra was nice, the loops cool as well. The fact that it is over so quickly, sucks.

Wild Eagle is fun but I enjoyed Gatekeeper a lot more. We stick to one seat though, the last row left side.

• Like 1

"A memo from Bolliger & Mabillard, based in Switzerland, appears to detail a new $15 million coaster tagged in the memo as The Dive Coaster."

2. I'm very suspicious about a "leaked memo". Can't imagine B&M or anyone else allowing this to happen...if it did happen.

3. The Dive Coaster....this could be a cover name such as "Project The Dive Coaster" if the memo is real.

(however it's getting everyone to talk about what they like and don't like about this so called Dive Coaster.)

Not everyone.

Terp, opponent of sweeping over-generalizations.

• Like 1

New rumored details: If this turns out to be true (I'm still not saying it is, but you never you know), it sounds like it could be the best dive coaster out there. Some highlights would include a 223 foot lift with a first drop into a tunnel, a top speed of 80 mph, and 4 inversions.

http://www.sanduskyregister.com/entertainment/fairs-festivals/7372776

(however it's getting everyone to talk about what they like and don't like about this so called Dive Coaster.)

Not everyone.

Terp, opponent of sweeping over-generalizations.

Edited....just for you...tehehehe

• Like 1

No I have not. To each his own though. People hate Gatekeeper yet I loved it.

I loved Wild Eagle so I would most likely enjoy Gatekeeper as well.

I was think the same thing before I rode Gatekeeper. I absolutely LOVED Wild Eagle but found Gatekeeper to be incredibly mediocre after the first drop (that part is fun though).

• Like 1

From what I saw, felt, and experienced the one (and only) time ive ever ridden it, all Mild Eagle has going for it, is its beautiful scenery over the Tennessee terrain. Gatekeeper is longer, each and every element has higher and longer sustained lateral and positive Gs, and in 1-1 left the footchopper effect through the keyhole elements is delightful. Though I Love Dollywood, my time can be MUCH better spent on Thunderhead.

• Like 2

Of all the B&M Wingrider coasters I have ridden, I like Maverick best. And Thunderhead. And SFGAm Goliath.

(There are no unintentional errors in this post).

Perhaps that's yet another reason I see no reason to get to Holiday World anytime soon. There's Fury 325, the what look to be wonderful refurbs of the soon to be steels at SFMM and SFNE, the many Big Loopy Things (not to be confused with the one Big Droppy Thing)...

• Like 5

I wont even entertain the thought of the big loopy things, but I DEFINITELY want to hit the two refurbs, and of course a trip to North/South Carolina and Virginia is a must before I leave this part of the country and head West.

And yes, I saw what you did there ;)

Sparky, who knows Terp doesnt like Wings. at least of the Swiss variety.

• Like 6

At least historically, Dive Machines are not about tight maneuvers, forceful inversions, and quick pacing like inverts are. They're about giant, over-sized inversions, power, sweeping turns, and, in a sense, "grace." And they're good at it! Being on that end seat during the Immelmann is like nothing else.

It would be weird to market. The wide winged trains? Already got it, with Gatekeeper. The 90 degree drop? Maverick already beats it. The height? Definitely beat by Millennium and Dragster. Those of us who have been on Wing Riders, Dive Machines, and Maverick know they're incredibly different from each other, but the public might pick up on that and plaster it all over Facebook. "I DON'T CARE ABOUT A VERTICAL DROP. Maverick, Twister, and Dragster already have them. WHY AREN'T WE GETTING A 500 FOOT COASTER?"

• Like 4

If Cedar Point does end up getting a Dive Coaster, maybe the selling point could be a world record in a sub-category such as world's longest/tallest Dive Coaster or most inversions on a Dive Coaster. Maybe it could even contain a first-of-its-kind inversion!

-MDMC, who has never been on a Dive Coaster, but hopes to get to the old country this summer...