Week XI: Coaster Clubs

BB1

One of the best ways to ride a coaster, or go to events, is to go with a group. That's the premise of Coaster Clubs: To meet fellow enthusiasts and to participate in exclusive events. So, following this light, what Coaster Club are you a part of?

• Like 2

I am a part of The Coaster Crew....actually on staff. Working currently on bringing a huge list (hopefully) of discounts at parks across the United States as well as some local area attractions!

I literally just had a conversation with the president of the Coaster Crew about this. Lots of exciting stuff coming in the near future. Don't forget to renew for Coasterstock. Details to come.

• Like 4

My first actual "coaster club" was the Coaster Crew, which I joined in early 2014.

I'm not one to generally be a part of many coaster clubs, although I attended a TPR event last year as a free-online member. (NOT a Club-TPR member)

I've debated on joining ACE and or GOCC this year, along with my definite renewal / upgrade of my Coaster Crew membership.

• Like 2

Last year was my first year in one and it was with the Coaster Crew! Since I'd only really plan on using it for Coastermania last year (couldn't really do any other events), I hopped on the KIC/CC discount right away. I still have to look into what to do this year. It sounds like you have to upgrade to a CC Platinum member for Coasterstock, an even I'm looking into attending and wonder if that will be the case with Coastermania this year.

If not CC, then I'll probably end up going with GOCC.

• Like 1

Last year was my first year in one and it was with the Coaster Crew! Since I'd only really plan on using it for Coastermania last year (couldn't really do any other events), I hopped on the KIC/CC discount right away. I still have to look into what to do this year. It sounds like you have to upgrade to a CC Platinum member for Coasterstock, an even I'm looking into attending and wonder if that will be the case with Coastermania this year.

If not CC, then I'll probably end up going with GOCC.

Be aware that the list of approved coaster clubs for CoasterMania! has been significantly shortened. Coaster Crew was one of the clubs cut from the list. The only domestic clubs approved this year are ACE, Club TPR, GOCC, and CoasterBuzz.

Also, be aware that the "regular" membership level with Coaster Crew has been discontinued, and only Platinum memberships are offered now.

• Like 1

^ The e-mail didn't get to me, in that case. Until there is an actual release from the park, I wouldn't count on that being final.

It was my understanding that discontinuing non-platinum Coaster Crew memberships was intended to keep them competitive with respect to event access. As far as I know, CP has yet to publicly announce their partner roller coaster clubs for 2015.

• Like 1

Very interesting. I wonder why the number of clubs has decreased so much? Maybe it's due to capacity because of how popular this event is becoming, but in that case, I'm sure most members of those other clubs will end up joining one of the ones listed so they can still go. In the end, I don't think the park will achieve trying to cut back on attendance.

^ The e-mail didn't get to me, in that case. Until there is an actual release from the park, I wouldn't count on that being final.

It was my understanding that discontinuing non-platinum Coaster Crew memberships was intended to keep them competitive with respect to event access. As far as I know, CP has yet to publicly announce their partner roller coaster clubs for 2015.

As staff that deals directly with parks Marketing/PR and Group Sales departments, I can confirm that Cedar Point has discontinued it's relationship with Coaster Crew and other Coaster Clubs. We were not given an exact reason and we respect the park for doing so, with hopes that we are added back some day soon.

Whether or not Cedar Point decides to add us to the list for CoasterMania for the 2015 year, that is unknown to us. If they do, that'd be a huge surprise. But as of 1/15/2015, Coaster Crew is not an authorized Coaster Club for CoasterMania.

• Like 5

I'm sorry but all of this CoasterMania! talk is making me get a little bit of Lisztomania .

I would just like to send a special thanks for you guys for continuing to respond to my polls, the months may turn to weeks, and from weeks to days, but the poll will still continue all the way up to the Opening Day 2015!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Of course, since the parks' apparent feeling that Coaster Crew's $10 yearly individual membership was too low for them to be a "legitimate" club, I worry now about getting too good of a deal. If $10 was too low to keep the riff-raff out, how is $7.50 per person? Or are people with children automatically expected to be more respectable?

Granted, I don't know that was exactly the feeling with KI and CC. I just know my $10 membership wasn't enough and I had to pay more to upgrade to platinum before I was acceptable to them for Coasterstock.

• Like 1