Favorite Kings Island Map

Nick_Plummer

I really hope that the maps this year aren't those large sheet style. I want them to be pre-folded (sp?)!

Ugh. I despise the unfolded ones lol. Good thing I don't need to use a map at KI.Good for having if you want to display it but... in practical use, I find it nicer to have a prefolded map.

It's just one or two further folds to being pocket friendly...

Well, for men's pants.

• Like 7

2004, Paramount's Kings Island proudly presents.....Crocodile Dundee's Boomerang Bay! That was by far the most perfect Kings Island map ever made and everything since has been a mimic of the WaterWorks mimic. Even the new Cedar Fair art style of which now is more like carrying around a canvas instead of a brochure. I hate folding that monstrosity into my pockets because it doesn't look right there after. Sure, I know the park like how I know the back of my hand, but i always keep a new updated map.

• Like 2

The first place I'd ever seen the large, unfolded one-sheet maps was at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. The system makes sense for them since the back of the map is printed each day with ride refurbishments, showtimes, restaurant hours and offerings, seasonal promotions, and animal experiences that change every day. It's a map on the front, and times guide for that specific day on the back. I found it charming in the sense that it was unusual, but if you look at the map as artwork (which many of us here do), it's painful to have to fold it wildly to fit it into your pocket. 

• Like 2

The day will come there are no paper park maps.

Perhaps way sooner than you think.

And i have no doubt that it is coming sooner than what we think. More than ever are people connected to their phones and especially at the parks. Personally, I hate mobile image viewing as it gets odd image layouts and also it is zoomed in or zoomed out so much that i cannot see the full image correctly. Would i personally use a virtual map? No, but that doesn't mean the virtual populous won't.
  • Like 2