An Interesting Idea

Goki32

I was thinking. Everyone knows about the Tower Gardens in International Street(obviously). It used to be the Paramount Story which had a walkthrough history of Paramount Movies and such, advertising the company. But now that the part is owned by Cedar Fair, its nothing more but a blank area in the park to sit around and look at the beautiful trees and scenery(which is fine). Though during the Haunt season it becomes CornStalkers, one of the two outdoor Haunt mazes to walk through. Hear me out for a minute if you will.

What if Kings Island could use that area of the park now to advertise all of the other Cedar Fair parks? If Kings Island still has all of the old black boards they used to advertise the Paramount movies, they could put posters of the other Cedar Fair parks in the branch to advertise them along with unique stuff for each park representing each one. Perhaps even have small stands to sell stuff that relate to the other parks. Plus the people that do sit in the Gardens can still gaze at the forest scenery while thinking about visiting these other parks in the company. Even during the Haunt season, if they still want to use CornStalkers, they can cover up all the Cedar Fair advertisements in the area and still decorate the area for the Haunt.

Well that was just an idea I wanted to share on here. Do you guys like the idea or not? Let me know.

• Like 3

And that is one thing about Tower Gardens as it is now. Speaking in terms of purely location, it is one of the most well-placed smoking areas. It is not so far out of the way as to be inconvenient for those who want to use it, but it is definitely off the beaten path enough that people who do not smoke should have no trouble avoiding the secondhand smoke.

I do agree that if they could find a new location for a smoking area, they could turn that area into a very nice walk-through exhibit sort of deal. Maybe they could move the Kings Island Hall of Fame over there. Because let's be honest, I'd bet money that less than half of the people on here even know where that is, and even fewer of the general public.

• Like 9

I like the idea of something else to be put right there, I think I have mentioned that before on here, that is a good idea, I would also like the fountain to be working once again, or possibly a flat ride could go there.

That flat ride sounds nice. It might be a bit out of the way considering it's in sort of a low traffic area. Personally, I don't ever notice the garden at all when walking through there.
  • Like 4

I still like the idea of sidewalk cafe type venue there. Its perfect for a relaxing meal and family time. The back of the "It's Fried" (think thats the name) could be expanded to serve as the kitchen/ covered table area.(for inclement weather days).and fix the dang fountains....love them for their beauty and relaxing flowing sound.

• Like 8

Agree that something needs to be done with it. It is a nice area that is just wasted by being used as a designated smoking area. The café area would be a good idea or a flat ride but think that might take away some of the beauty of the area when there is plenty of open field space next to BLSC or by the turnaround on the brake run of Diamondback to develop flat rides around the base of the Eiffel Tower.

• Like 5

I have stated before. I have a little guy. There are very few places we can go in the park for him to nap while we sit. We can go into the kid changing area (which is awesome by the way, Air conditioning, changing tables, clean bathrooms, Charlie Brown cartoons for the little guy to calm down, wonderful) but sometimes on a nice day it would be nice to sit in a location and people watch while he sleeps in the chair or wagon. We can go to the Chicken Shack because it's covered or ??? I wish Tower Gardens was not a smoking area and was just a pleasant spot to sit. Same with the smoking area in Coney Mall. Dead smack dab in the middle of the walk way. The only nice place with tree covering.

And wait where is the KI hall of fame?

• Like 12

Being one of the dreaded smokers, I still have to agree. When the fountains ran it was a wonderful place to just relax awhile. With it's size I could even see moving the smoking area to the back corner. I've never been in there with more than 5 or 6 people smoking at a given time. The area is way to big and scenic, ( or was), to be used only for a smoking area. When the water elements ran, it really was quite tranquil.

• Like 10

I used to go there in the Paramount days specifically for an afternoon sit and relax. The ambient noise of the fountain and birds was an attraction in itself. A table and a drink in the heat of the day was sometimes the best attraction of the entire day. Nothing like the Tower Gardens anywhere within 50 miles of where I live so it was a special treat.

• Like 5

And please, I dont want anyone to think, I want all of the smokers out of the park. I am fine with them being in the park and having an area, I just question the locations that KI has put them in.

Off the top of my head here are the locations that are smoking areas

In Coney Mall, located in the middle of the strip just past basketballs before you get to the Cafe, treed, benches, middle of the midway.

In RIvertown, 2-4 benches located infront of the Potato Works next to the Basketballs, 2 feet from the main path

Tower Gardens (as mentioned before).

Not sure if there are any other locations but we seriously couldnt find any better locations that are just off of the main path?

In Coney Mall, you have an abandoned ride Pad next to Dinos Alive (throw some benches and maybe some umbrellas and it would be nice and off the path or down near The Vortex just past the bathrooms.

In Rivertown you have an abandoned Que area that goes back just far enough off of the main path.

Centrally, anywhere but Tower Gardens. As No Chickens said, you could put it in the corner....

• Like 7

Maybe you could make it into an outdoor walkthrough exhibit of Kings Island history, facts, trivia, and, with that, you could easily incorporate references to other Cedar Fair parks. From what I've observed, park-goers are generally uninformed about Kings Island's history, and this would be a cool way to learn a bit about the park you're in while relaxing in the shade of the gardens.

And please, I dont want anyone to think, I want all of the smokers out of the park. I am fine with them being in the park and having an area, I just question the locations that KI has put them in.

Off the top of my head here are the locations that are smoking areas

In Coney Mall, located in the middle of the strip just past basketballs before you get to the Cafe, treed, benches, middle of the midway.

In RIvertown, 2-4 benches located infront of the Potato Works next to the Basketballs, 2 feet from the main path

Tower Gardens (as mentioned before).

Not sure if there are any other locations but we seriously couldnt find any better locations that are just off of the main path?

Don't forget the awful smoking area next to the Soak City train station.... Ugh.

• Like 1

Why can't that area just be a calm and peaceful place? Some kids (and even adults) get overstimulated and need a tranquil place to calm and recenter themselves. Instead of making the long trek back to the hot car, a short walk to Tower Gardens would be great alternative. Fix the fountain, add some more benches and, as NoChickens mentioned, maybe a smaller smoking area in the back, and Tower Gardens could be quite a gem.

• Like 6