I applied for a job at Kings Island!

CoasterMyths79

Try not to be nervous about the interview, and just answer the questions as honestly as you can. They're not looking for expert answers - they just want to make sure you're serious about the position and will be a good employee. I'm sure they'll take the fact that this will be your first job into account as well.

What department(s) did you apply for?

• Like 11

Look sharp, and be honest. I remember being in your shoes, it's a new way of seeing things and being a part of the fun at Kings Island. I do hope you get the job, and I do wish you the best of luck!

• Like 6

Wait! How'd you get his shoes? And isn't that just a bit creepy? B)

Well you see a long time ago..... B)

(And it would be that figuratively everybody is in eachother's shoes or sandals at one point or another in their lives, that's poetry at it's finest)

In my current position, I have to hire at least once a year for normal turnover. What I like to see in my interviewees is that they are excited about the position and what they will do. Think about why you want to work at KI and be ready to answer that question. If you aren't sure how to answer a question, it is okay to take a moment to think through a response. Immediately saying "yes" to everything raises a red flag to me as I worry that someone may not fully understand the challenges of the job. Listen to the questions, pause, think and answer concisely.

I ask a lot of situational questions, such as if X happens, what would you do? There aren't necessarily correct answers...but there are bad ones. Red flags for me are things that make fun of guests or hurt the guest experience, safety concerns, and things that negatively impact our program and company brand.

Ask questions! Some of my favorites that have been asked of me were: what qualities or skills do you like to see in a good X employee, what was their favorite part of position, what is the most challenging part of the position.

Most importantly, just be yourself! Good luck!

• Like 4

THE most important two questions of most interviews and a nasty one to be prepared for, but I doubt you get asked at KI for an entry level job.

First, the nasty one:

N. What's your biggest weakness OR Why shouldn't I hire you? Most people try to turn this into a strength, as in, I work too hard, etc. Do NOT say 'I care too much." There is no such thing. Here, I'd probably say, " It's my first job, but I'm eager, willing to learn and promise to come to work, not be late and work hard."

Now, the two that MUST have answers. Your answers:

1. Why do you want this job?

2. Do you have any questions? No is NOT a good answer.

Whatever you do, don't:

* Be late.

* Mumble.

* Avoid eye contact.

* Be disrespectful.

* Dress like a ragamuffin. No clothes with holes in them. No tattooes on your forehead (this is Cedar Fair and this is Ohio).

And, and yes I mean this,

* Don't bring your Mom or Dad to tell the interviewer why they should hire you (though that apparently worked for Bart Kinzel, I doubt you are the son or daughter of Matt Ouimet!)

Consider the interview a friendly conversation. Be upbeat, happy and confident.

And ENJOY the fun. Truly!

• Like 6

Always make sure that your happy, having a good time and know where everything is in the park. How you act towards a guest will make that guests whole day or rest of the day. We need to make Kings Island fun for them. Make them want to come back, or buy that season pass. I love to see the guests happy. That is one of the reason's why i work for KI.

• Like 2

As for the question of "do you have any questions?" I like to have a few prepared that can be used pretty much anywhere I apply. At my most recent interview, when asked this, my first question was, "What's your favorite thing about working for (company name here)". This is, first and foremost, a chance to get a job. But it's also going to be your first real glimpse at what the job will be like, and a chance to meet someone who works there. Use it not only as a chance to get a job, but as a learning opportunity. Sometimes it can be tough to know which questions are appropriate for which workplaces, but asking the interviewer why they love their job should never be an inappropriate question.

• Like 4