Kings Island Super 8 reel from 1972

HarvestmanMan

I sent you a PM.

Here is a snippet of what has been done on some 8mm donated by the Fessler family from Bellevue, Ky.

This is just initial steps in the process. Far from a finished product and already much improved.

The frame on the left is what you get from most places if they provide a good telecine. On the right is our 1080p direct frame by frame scan of the film.

https://youtu.be/4D8jG0kMfDE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Oldiesmann said:

My former coworker's brother (who I believe is the grandson of the guy who shot that Fessler footage) posted some of it to Facebook in 2017 and more to YouTube last year.

That would be Joey Fessler.  These are the reels of film he donated. There are 2 from Coney Island we plan on restoring as well. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/2/2019 at 8:42 PM, CoastersRZ said:

I can`t wait to see what is on the Coney reels!

Yeah about that...apparently the guy who shot these originally was a bit of a creep and liked to film girls.  I've been informed that girls are pretty much the only thing on the Coney reel. Not worth bothering with!

As for the KI footage, you'll be seeing it soon enough in the upcoming #ki50movie. :) 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HarvestmanMan said:

Yeah about that...apparently the guy who shot these originally was a bit of a creep and liked to film girls.  I've been informed that girls are pretty much the only thing on the Coney reel. Not worth bothering with!

As for the KI footage, you'll be seeing it soon enough in the upcoming #ki50movie. :) 

Thanks for getting the films out there for us to enjoy!

Yeah about that...apparently the guy who shot these originally was a bit of a creep and liked to film girls.  I've been informed that girls are pretty much the only thing on the Coney reel. Not worth bothering with! As for the KI footage, you'll be seeing it soon enough in the upcoming #ki50movie.  

The Fessler films are different than the ones you donated to our project. I busted folks to know that. Lol.

Yes, the Coney Island reels contain a lot of...um....let’s just say those portions will not be restored. Lol. Yet, there are some gems in it.

I’m hoping to get them scanned soon. The problem is the chemical that is used to clean the film is pretty nasty stuff and requires a well ventilated area. Since it’s been below freezing outside I haven’t been able to probably clean them. I wouldn’t even attempt to do it in my basement. Stay tuned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
On 1/29/2019 at 10:14 AM, Oldschool75 said:

I’m hoping to get them scanned soon. The problem is the chemical that is used to clean the film is pretty nasty stuff and requires a well ventilated area. Since it’s been below freezing outside I haven’t been able to probably clean them. I wouldn’t even attempt to do it in my basement. Stay tuned.

While I am aware that this thread is quite old, and that the project in question is no more, I would love to see the reels in question if you ever got them digitized.  All I ever saw of them was a poorly-aligned image on the front of a washing machine.