Boo Blasters on Boo Hill TLC

MaestroMan

As much as they seem to have let it go- several things not working, no 3d glasses anymore and effects turned off, etc, I wouldn't be surprised if its already nearing the end of its life cycle as far as they are concerned.

I have many Boo Blaster Glasses from previous years, if the ride ever does get removed, will they be considered Kings Island collectibles?

• Like 1

I don't know if they will be, but at the end of last season, they had the glasses as prizes at the Coney Arcade for a single ticket (they also had Starlight Spectacular printed ones available). I got a bunch of them and am squirreling them away. I meant to take a pair and go ride the ride with them on but forgot to ever do it.

I don't think they'll ever be worth much, though, because the ride just isn't as popular as its predecessors. However it is possible in another 15 years there will be twenty-somethings reminiscing about BBoBH from their childhoods.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to reopen this thread but Ive been pondering this over the past week. I remebered other characters from the Phantom Theater that could deffienatly be used on Boo Blasters. First off I know of one that is being used during haunt and that is the Phantom Theater Mouse in Board to Death. Also Kings Island could use the non-animatronics from Phantom Theater on Boo Blasters. We could use the poet from the beginning of Phantom and we could use the Mummy, Centorion, and my personal favorite i really wish they'd use him the Gargogyle. The Mummy could be put close to the track to reach out for you. The poet could be in the beginning. The Centorion next to the Knights. And the Gargogyle could be used anywhere, I'd really like to see him again used somewhere. Really this little "Tribute" to Phantom would be very cool I think and would take about 15 minutes considering that they are statues except for The Mummy. Hope to see something along these lines. At least get them out for Haunt and put them on display.

• Like 3

When I was little I used to love the Phantom Theater, but the giant mouse chasing the small cat scared me, I would cover my eyes until the next scene. I've watched Phantom Theater videos all the time on YouTube but I cant find the mouse seen, the reason being that the ride was too dark, much darker then Boo Blasters is currently. I am however thinking that the giant mouse chasing the small cat, is the same scene in when it was Scooby Doo and Shaggy was getting chased by a WereWolf, and what we all know today as a random tourist getting chased by skeletons. AnketÄ… the giant mouse would be an excellent prop for Halloween Haunt.

Also I have a random question, did anybody see the old vulture from the old Beastie sign last Halloween Haunt next to the fence by the train in RiverTown? I wanted to take a picture of it so badly but I didnt have my phone, I really wanted to post it on here. I also saw the old Elroy Spaceship ride remiama next to the Eiffel Tower, I rode that ride when I was little, I used to ride that as soon as I got done riding Phantom Theater, then I went on to ride the Top Cat Coaster. I love reliving memories!

• Like 2

Fun Fact: That vulture had a cousin down under, at Kings Island's former sister park, Australia's Wonderland.

dv175g09200258lg000044.jpg

(Courtesy rcdb.com)

And the Australian version:

3d58l1k000000foc0hig00.jpg

(Courtesy rcdb.com)

Sorry, not trying to turn this into the vulture thread, I just remember seeing a picture of the Australian Beastie a few years ago and being surprised to find out that Kings Island once had a sister park all the way in Australia...

• Like 8

I for one honestly would rather just to see a new dark ride take its place. I remember some of the effects that were really neat the year it opened that aren't even used any more in the ride.one example are the fog curtains that the ride car would go through with boosifer's face on it. I ride the ride just about every visit I make to ki simply because it is inside with ac. Most of the "blasters" don't seem to work either. That or I always seem to get in the same cars that they don't work in. I wish somewhere in the near future that there will be another overhaul of the dark ride to something else. However, I do agree about the peppers ghost effect. I was sad when they boarded up the busts in the hallway. I felt like those were generic enough that they should have kept them. Just my thoughts.

• Like 3

Here's an idea we could pitch to KI. Ask a few of us to volunteer to come up with a new idea for that space. I guarantee you it will me MUCH better than the current Boo Hill nonsense. I've read ideas on this forum that surpasses anything that Boo Blasters has to offer. I hope to see an overhaul soon.

• Like 5

When I was little I used to love the Phantom Theater, but the giant mouse chasing the small cat scared me, I would cover my eyes until the next scene. I've watched Phantom Theater videos all the time on YouTube but I cant find the mouse seen, the reason being that the ride was too dark, much darker then Boo Blasters is currently. I am however thinking that the giant mouse chasing the small cat, is the same scene in when it was Scooby Doo and Shaggy was getting chased by a WereWolf, and what we all know today as a random tourist getting chased by skeletons. AnketÄ… the giant mouse would be an excellent prop for Halloween Haunt.

Also I have a random question, did anybody see the old vulture from the old Beastie sign last Halloween Haunt next to the fence by the train in RiverTown? I wanted to take a picture of it so badly but I didnt have my phone, I really wanted to post it on here. I also saw the old Elroy Spaceship ride remiama next to the Eiffel Tower, I rode that ride when I was little, I used to ride that as soon as I got done riding Phantom Theater, then I went on to ride the Top Cat Coaster. I love reliving memories!

I don't recall a mouse chasing a cat from Phantom Theater but I do remember the one that popped up from behind a chest or something. That one is used as a prop in the Mouse Trap scene in the Board to Death maze at Halloween Haunt.

• Like 3

I don't recall a mouse chasing a cat from Phantom Theater but I do remember the one that popped up from behind a chest or something. That one is used as a prop in the Mouse Trap scene in the Board to Death maze at Halloween Haunt.

You could be right, its been so long ago, my mind is a bit fuzzy.

In my opinion, it wouldn't take too much thought to come up with a variety of ideas that would greatly improve Boo Blasters and enhance the guest experience. There have been many, many times, as we're waiting in line, my wife and I have discussed changes that we'd make if we were in charge of such things. During the 15 minute or so queue, we've come up with a variety of ways we'd improve the ride.

This being said, I don't think it's a matter of "can the ride be improved" it's "do they want to improve the ride?" My guess would be no. It was a lazy install from the get-go. The ride is basically Scooby Doo and the Haunted Mansion without Scooby Doo and the gang. It was the cheapest, lamest, most generic modification that anyone could ever give a ride. Although it appears that no thought was put into the ride, I think that's misleading. I think great thought was put into the ride, but the thought was "how can we do this the cheapest way possible" and not "how can we make this ride the greatest possible?" And that right there is the problem.

Would I like to see Boo Blasters improved upon? Well, if this was the year 2010 or 2011 that answer would be yes. However, it's nearing the 2015 season and we've dealt with this ride in it's condition for this long, I'd say let's just ride it out and pray for a complete overhaul within the next couple of years or so. That would be the best thing that could ever happen to that ride in my opinion. Just get rid of it completely and overhaul that space.

Next time I hope they give us something worth while in the building, something to be proud of. There were so many great rides in that space and Boo Blasters is really a disgrace to the history of that building. Let's hope that it doesn't have too many seasons left!

• Like 10

In my opinion, it wouldn't take too much thought to come up with a variety of ideas that would greatly improve Boo Blasters and enhance the guest experience. There have been many, many times, as we're waiting in line, my wife and I have discussed changes that we'd make if we were in charge of such things. During the 15 minute or so queue, we've come up with a variety of ways we'd improve the ride.

This being said, I don't think it's a matter of "can the ride be improved" it's "do they want to improve the ride?" My guess would be no. It was a lazy install from the get-go. The ride is basically Scooby Doo and the Haunted Mansion without Scooby Doo and the gang. It was the cheapest, lamest, most generic modification that anyone could ever give a ride. Although it appears that no thought was put into the ride, I think that's misleading. I think great thought was put into the ride, but the thought was "how can we do this the cheapest way possible" and not "how can we make this ride the greatest possible?" And that right there is the problem.

Would I like to see Boo Blasters improved upon? Well, if this was the year 2010 or 2011 that answer would be yes. However, it's nearing the 2015 season and we've dealt with this ride in it's condition for this long, I'd say let's just ride it out and pray for a complete overhaul within the next couple of years or so. That would be the best thing that could ever happen to that ride in my opinion. Just get rid of it completely and overhaul that space.

Next time I hope they give us something worth while in the building, something to be proud of. There were so many great rides in that space and Boo Blasters is really a disgrace to the history of that building. Let's hope that it doesn't have too many seasons left!

I can think of a few examples that were even worse...example...renaming Top Gun to Flight Deck and doing nothing else with the ride theme wise granted now as The Bat, they have actually "themed" it now....at least more than they did before.
  • Like 3

The longer the ride goes without repair or attention is a sign of things to come. There is either a commitment to Boo Hill or there is not. Pay attention to a company that continues to work with Cedar Fair, eh...

Yea probably just a matter of time before we get something from Triotech and Boo Blasters location would be the most likely. But I'm still hoping that they put something with them in a new location like the old Crypt Building or Action Theatre, and then convert Boo Blasters into a Peanuts dark ride. Then we'll have two dark rides in the park and Peanuts can be kept to the simple cutouts or cheap figures and still look decent.

• Like 4

I think all I'd like to see is the Phantom Theater Props/Animatronics used somewhere in the Park. I really don't care where but find something to do with them then just leave them in storage unseen unless you work there. Maybe during Haunt you could break a few out and put them on Boo Blasters or on display somewhere. Maybe put the Maestro back in his balcony for Haunt only. I dont know just a personal opinion.

• Like 4

YEa would have to get licensing permission for it but considering the entire kids area is themed to Peanuts I don't see why they wouldn't be allowed. Not like they'd be picking a random IP to use but one that they use all the time across the Cedar Fair brand.

• Like 1

Licensors have quality standards that must be met to use their brand. Just for one example, Scooby and Snoopy usually won't be featured icons at the same place and time. Neither licensor would typically smile on that.

That may be true, but if that did happen, then it would be very cool, and make Kings Island more uniqe.

You know one thing I've never noticed is when you look at the Creepy Bust in the Previous Phantom, modern Boo Blaster Hallway they left the actual frame of the bust there. All Paramount did was remove the glass and light and put some fake wooden boards there overtop. I will try and post a picture I took of it a few years back so you can see what I mean. Im talking about the outside frame.

• Like 1

Well Thank God i finally figured out the process. Anyways I think you'll see what I mean. I took the picture above a few years back and finally realized that the Frame from its Phantom Theater days is still there. All Paramount did was remove the glass and the light. Then they put boards over the Phantom Theater Frame. Basically its the fake, wooden spooky boards, then its the actual Frame from Phantom Theater, followed by the Phantom Theater bust in the wall. That Phantom in paticular is supposed to be a funny face. Sorry, watch a Ride Through on Youtube and you'll see him along with the Frame. Ill post a picture of another face and you'll see what i mean. Thanks for reading I hope you go find all these faces. Thats the only reason I ride Boo Blasters is to see stuff from Phantom Theater. Have a Phantastic Day! This next one is not my picture but it gives you an idea of the Glory Days.yo_zps1e3c0a24.png

• Like 4