Boo Blasters on Boo Hill TLC

MaestroMan

DSCF1271_zps10f07394.jpg

See what I mean? My Pic and the other pic are identical, except no boards, please remove them, Thanks! Again The one with the boards is My Picture but the other one I dont own the rights to. I just found it to compare it with my more modern picture that I took a few years back.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I figured out a way to hear organ music and Maestro while waiting in line for Boo Blasters. I downloaded the classic Tocata and Fugue in d minor to my Ipod and also Maestro talking and lauging. If you go to KiExtreme you can find some Phantom Theater sound samples. Ill listen to that while waiting in line for a kick of nostalgia. Also I think I might download the entire ride through just to compare it with todays scenes. Although I know the actuation of the cars switched though. Also Ill take two final pictures of the spooky Phantom faces in which I have not taken pictures of before. Its the ones on the left side of the hallway and the one that isnt lit up is a funny face in which I cant find a picture of it but some of you might remember it. Its the first one on the left. I know my nostalgia goggles are on too tight but I still have fun though finding these things. Thanks!

• Like 2

You're not the only one, MaestroJr, who's got his nostalgia goggles on. Just yesterday I was sitting at work and decided to look up some articles about the Phantom Theater. Sometimes I just get the urge to look at pictures and read some info about the ride. Sometimes I'll even go to YouTube and watch the ride through videos. It's nice to keep the memories alive!

• Like 6

Yes, and thats why i try and take pictures of the things still left from Phantom. Thats also why Ill listen to the Maestro taunt me and hear the organ play, while everyone else hears "Let it Go" and trivia on Kings Island history on those Funtvs. Im glad that they kept some things from Phantom, especially the Maestro's balcony. I hope during haunt they will maybe get out a few more props and animatronics like they used to. Besides the furnace,spooky faces,balcony,and mouse were losing our Kings Island history of this ride in the modern world. Kids have no idea what a ride it was. The same can be said when those King Cobra footers were removed for Banshee. Time just kills everything. But hopefully the Maestro will be laughing at us forever. Thanks! I really love ride remnants. Thats why I made that list because I know many othere people do as well. Thanks for your post and reply Voicetek.

• Like 3

I never got to experience this ride, unfortunately. I must have been to KI like 50 times as a kid and I never knew it was there, until it was Boo Blasters. (Never paid much attention to park maps, just kind of went all over the place and it was near the kiddie area, which I was never really into.)

The current Boo Blasters theming is cheesy to me. I used to go on it anyway a few times each trip just to get out of the heat, but it would be nice to see something that is actually somewhat scary and not made of, basically, cardboard. The guns never work properly either, so I tend to not mess with them. It would be wonderful to see some retheming or a whole new ride experience. Something slightly scary, but not too traumatizing for kids. Kinda like Whacky Shack at Waldameer. It's cheesy in a good way! And has a few awesome scares and a great atmosphere. Something about Boo Blasters just feels so... Sterile. Mostly because it's a whole different ride type and has no hills or thrills.

It sucks to be totally in love with a ride and see it disappear. I honestly hope KI will continue focusing on the smaller, less costly improvements versus building more coasters the next couple years. I'd love to see KI improve/replace its current dark ride and get a new one to replace The Crypt's box.

• Like 3

If the success of Haunt teaches anything, it is that there is a market for (non-thrill-ride/adrenaline-fueled) fright among non-child audiences. I think Rivertown is the perfect location for a haunted dark ride that is geared more towards older audiences than Phantom Theater and its successors ever were.

At the same time, it might not be a bad idea to theme the dark ride in the children's area back to something that will really appeal to current children. I watched a documentary about KI recently that talked about how there was an outcry (among older patrons) when Enchanted Voyage was changed over to Smurfs. Having been a child of the target age right when that change was made, I have to say it was the absolute correct decision. Many of the characters in EV were already foreign and outdated to me, I only knew them through the ride. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, and of course there is a place for history and nostalgia. But, each new crop of kids need to really connect with something before it will ever become nostalgia for them. Kids live in the now because that is all they've really experienced yet.

• Like 7

Too bad that My Little Pony rights are probably too expensive :) That would have some cross-generational appeal as well.

I still watch Charlie Brown specials every October and December but I don't feel much connection to the characters when I'm at KI (or when they're used in other advertising). I don't know how the kids feel about them. There is a lot to be said for choosing characters that have been around for so long, but I just don't think Peanuts have the charisma needed to carry a themed land.

• Like 3

There is a Woodstock

IMG_1134.JPG

Image found here: http://mscourtsieannb.blogspot.com/2013/05/a-week-in-review.html

I heard rumbling at some point that the costume is only used on occasion, not in the normal character rotation, as the size of the costume is smaller than the others, so they have to have a short character/entertainment associate available to have it out and it doesn't have the best ventilation system.

I have also wondered where Franklin has been....only have seen him a few times.

• Like 6

Sorry to change the subject on Woodstock but I was thinking about Phantom and watching it on youtube and wanted to know if anybody knew where they keep the animatronics and if anyone has seen them recently. I was also wondering if they kept any of the prop supports from Phantom and if they are still there today such as where Maestro stood on the platform before pulling back the curtain. I think it would be interesting to put Boocifer in the balcony and let him play his organ and taunt the audience. Just a suggestion. I really like Boocifer and if they ride was more like him it would be awesome.

More animatronics and less cardboard but hopefully that will change soon. I would just love to see something from Phantom used on the modern ride or used on the ride during Haunt or at least on display during Haunt. Why dont they do that anymore? Does anyone know why the took out the Phantom Theater display? I loved that and would still love to see it, it really fits the theme, they could even be put into Madame Fatales as wax figures or any maze like the Phantom Theater Mouse and Furnace. Thanks for any responses! I love to talk with y'all about this stuff. Sorry for more nostalgia goggles, maybe one day I'll take them off!

• Like 1

Ive never seen any props in Madame Fatales, probaly because its dark but which ones are in there? I tried finding the Phantom Theater Canon last year but couldnt. Im trying to find as much things from Phantom as I can. Hopefully Ill see the Animatronics one day again as well. Does anybody know which ones are in Madame Fatales? Thanks!

I didn't notice the cannon last year either but I had seen it in there in prior years. Most of the props were in the actual museum portion of the maze, pretty much the middle of it.

The giant rat is also used in Board to Death in the Mouse Trap room

• Like 3

Ive never seen any props in Madame Fatales, probaly because its dark but which ones are in there? I tried finding the Phantom Theater Canon last year but couldnt. Im trying to find as much things from Phantom as I can. Hopefully Ill see the Animatronics one day again as well. Does anybody know which ones are in Madame Fatales? Thanks!

I just posted some pictures of Phantom Theater animatronics, during 2011 Haunt. http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/21765-random-photo-of-the-day/page-265#entry674928

You know what would be cool, a backstage tour of Boo Blasters, I would totally go on that. Any other takers?

I'm sure people would shell out money to see broken animatronics and some back office storage space. ;). Hopefully this is the last year for it, although the ride system is such that I'm guessing the new dark ride would occupy the same space. No need to recreate the wheel, esp. if the budgets for these rides are in the $10M range.

I didn't notice the cannon last year either but I had seen it in there in prior years. Most of the props were in the actual museum portion of the maze, pretty much the middle of it.

The giant rat is also used in Board to Death in the Mouse Trap room

I knew I saw some others in other mazes but I couldn't remember which props they were. As for Madame Fatales they used to have the Cannon in there as well as last year they had the mummy coffin in there. There are a few others I believe like one of the romantic guards statues in there if I remember right. I don't remember all of thr props used in there but there were like three or four that I remember pointing out that were from Phantom Theater.

Wouldn't be surprised to see one. Though I really hope we end up with two dark rides. Keep the ombimovier system in Boo Blasters building with a new theme (maybe Peanuts). Then get a new Triotech ride in where either Crypt or Action Theater were.

• Like 1

Hmmm.

That comparison?

Terp ponders....gravely.

I don't know how yall took it, but I think Terp is suggesting the dark ride people are getting worked up about will be going in the same building Boo Blasters is now, and he said it awhile back at this point..

Hence why Boo Blasters was done so cheap and not well maintained.

They weren't going to design a ride around a sheet metal shack in Rivertown. Sorry Folks