Boo Blasters on Boo Hill TLC

MaestroMan

They also had the audio from the former fog screen playing for the first time in a LONG time (that I've experienced, anyway), but the video screen set in the tombstone towards the beginning of the ride was shut off. The two skeletons in the bed weren't functioning, but their audio was. And there was a maintenance light turned on under the track throughout a good portion of the ride that was very noticeable in the loading area. I honestly can't tell if the park's done with the ride or isn't willing to put the money into keeping the presentation of the ride as good as it could be or just forgets to turn everything on at once. Or all three?

• Like 10

Glad to hear its running alright, sorry to hear about those problems. Boo Blasters is becoming what Phantom did in the 2000s. I rode Phantom in 2002 and it was clear that they had stopped caring. I expect to see Boo Blasters demise soon, but hopefully they will leave those Phantom Theater faces and the balcony alone. Those are about all we have left. Thanks!

• Like 2

They also had the audio from the former fog screen playing for the first time in a LONG time (that I've experienced, anyway), but the video screen set in the tombstone towards the beginning of the ride was shut off. The two skeletons in the bed weren't functioning, but their audio was. And there was a maintenance light turned on under the track throughout a good portion of the ride that was very noticeable in the loading area. I honestly can't tell if the park's done with the ride or isn't willing to put the money into keeping the presentation of the ride as good as it could be or just forgets to turn everything on at once. Or all three?

I think that some of the props "accidentally" turn on sometimes. It seems odd for an effect that hasn't worked for a long time to suddenly "half" work while something else that is usually working is not working. for instance why have the audio for the fog bank projection working without the fog bank...idk...just seems odd to me. Unless, someone just forgot to turn on the fog...LOL.

• Like 2

Glad to hear its running alright, sorry to hear about those problems. Boo Blasters is becoming what Phantom did in the 2000s. I rode Phantom in 2002 and it was clear that they had stopped caring. I expect to see Boo Blasters demise soon, but hopefully they will leave those Phantom Theater faces and the balcony alone. Those are about all we have left. Thanks!

I sort of hope they dont leave any trace of Phantom. Boo Blasters has remnants of Phantom because it was done on the cheap. If they were to remodel I would hope they go all out. I also do not expect to see a return of Phantom. It was a great ride and had a good run.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I was just wondering if anybody has pictures of Phantom in its later years or if they had any at all that they might like to share. Thanks. I rode it in its final year but my mind is a bit hazy from that long ago. Thanks again.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all, sorry to bump this thread back up--

But I totally agree that Boo Blasters is looking pretty rough. Last summer, most of the targets weren't working, and honestly, the ride stood out like a sore thumb in the rest of the kids area. I  never got to ride Phantom Theater, but it looks pretty cool in the ride through on Youtube.

I really think they should retheme it to Snoopy in the near future. While I'm not a big Peanuts fan, it'd be interesting to see a dark ride set in the pumpkin patch. 

• Like 5

I am done ridding BBoBH after my first ride this season a few weekends ago.  The FunTv's in the line are horrible, half the props were not working and many targets never went active.  This ride needs a fresh start.  Time to gut the whole thing and start over.  You have a gorgeous area in Planet Snoopy and then there is this dilapidated and dated attraction that even the temple drummers from Adventure Express find disgraceful to the park.

• Like 6

Welcome to KIC, KatieF!

Thanks Interpreter!  I've been a lurker on the forums for a few years and finally decided to join! 

I am done ridding BBoBH after my first ride this season a few weekends ago.  The FunTv's in the line are horrible, half the props were not working and many targets never went active.  This ride needs a fresh start.  Time to gut the whole thing and start over.  You have a gorgeous area in Planet Snoopy and then there is this dilapidated and dated attraction that even the temple drummers from Adventure Express find disgraceful to the park.

It really just sticks out in Planet Snoopy, and not in a good way. 

• Like 2

Officially, Boo Blasters is NOT part of Planet Snoopy, and is not listed as such in the "Rider Height Guide" column on the back of the park map. It is officially located on International Street, despite the fact that its entrance is physically in Planet Snoopy and its operators wear Planet Snoopy uniforms.

• Like 3

Officially, Boo Blasters is NOT part of Planet Snoopy, and is not listed as such in the "Rider Height Guide" column on the back of the park map. It is officially located on International Street, despite the fact that its entrance is physically in Planet Snoopy and its operators wear Planet Snoopy uniforms.

That's really...awkward. 

*sigh*

Hopefully within a few years, they'll improve this ride. You know, I'm not crazy about what's actually in the ride, but even if they just fixed the shooting system...I'd be okay. It's nice and air conditioned so I appreciate that much.

• Like 2

This is what me and many other Phantom Theater and Enchanted Voyage fanatics have been preaching for years. Those like myself who lived and experinced Phantom Theater remember how good it was and how badly Boo Blasters needs something new. While I do like to see all the Phantom Theater remnants stil scaring, like the spooky faces, I expect a major peanuts overhall. Phantom may never come back but hopefully theyll build a seperate ride like it. The whole reason why I started this thread was to suggest some changes to help fix broken Boo Blasters but soon enough we probaly wont have to worry about it.

• Like 3

Hello all, sorry to bump this thread back up--

But I totally agree that Boo Blasters is looking pretty rough. Last summer, most of the targets weren't working, and honestly, the ride stood out like a sore thumb in the rest of the kids area. I  never got to ride Phantom Theater, but it looks pretty cool in the ride through on Youtube.

I really think they should retheme it to Snoopy in the near future. While I'm not a big Peanuts fan, it'd be interesting to see a dark ride set in the pumpkin patch. 

Phantom was truely rad, wait did I just say that? Yes, rad

That's really...awkward. 

*sigh*

Hopefully within a few years, they'll improve this ride. You know, I'm not crazy about what's actually in the ride, but even if they just fixed the shooting system...I'd be okay. It's nice and air conditioned so I appreciate that much.

Although if you pay extra close attention, you will notice that the trash cans inside the Boo Blasters queue are regular Kings Island trashcans, as opposed to the Planet Snoopy-labeled trashcans that are everywhere else in Planet Snoopy.  Maybe Cedar Fair was wrong not to theme it immediately to something Snoopy related when Planet Snoopy took over in 2010.  I just don't like the inconstancy.  I'm very OCD that way.

• Like 2

Also, (unless it has changed in the last couple years) the ground color at the entrance of Boo Blasters matches I-Street, and not Planet Snoopy. Planet Snoopy has had what I considered a demarcation of zones with the difference in what I was walking on.

• Like 1

2015%20Map.jpg

Sorry the image is so large, I dunno how to scale it down!

Anyways, it's tough to tell. Personally, I think it looks like it's a part of the children's area. The entrance is facing the area, the ride next door is apart of the Peanut theme. I completely agree...it's very inconsistent!