Boo Blasters on Boo Hill TLC

MaestroMan

Of course, the building has been divided since the boat ride. The boat ride filled up almost all of the building (right?) whereas the showbuilding now houses a theater (haunted house) and backstage lounge area for characters. Not that those spaces couldn't easily be reincorporated into the dark ride if the infrastructure of the ride itself changed.

Just an idea-- I saw a poster today for a new Peanuts/Snoopy at the movie theatre. Wonder if that possibly signifies a change in the future for King's Island. With a new Snoopy movie out, popularity of the Peanuts will soar.

• Like 2

I think it should remain child/family themed, considering its location.

A dark ride more along the fast/loud/spooky route, I'd be ok with that elsewhere in the park. I think it's been mentioned elsewhere (maybe even in this thread), but Rivertown could make for some interesting themes for a dark ride.

• Like 7

I would be very okay with leaving things "as is" for the most part...if they would just fix the guns not working.  I am older and we often ride it for the "game" aspect of the ride.  That said, I feel that smaller children would be highly discouraged by the experience given the frequent malfunctions of the guns on the ride.  

• Like 4

I would be very okay with leaving things "as is" for the most part...if they would just fix the guns not working. I am older and we often ride it for the "game" aspect of the ride. That said, I feel that smaller children would be highly discouraged by the experience given the frequent malfunctions of the guns on the ride.

While I'd love to see a new ride go in, I completely agree about just fixing the ride they have now. Boo Blasters would be more well received if it was just well kept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

A DA-Trackless vehicle using a mix of physical sets and projected media. The building is big enough to launch 6 groups of 4 vehicles at a time. It'd be a solid replacement for the current people-eating omnimover system and allow for re-rideability. They could do it right for ~$14M or go big for ~$20M.

It'd be a game-changer for the park. 

• Like 1

If anything happens, it'll be Triotech who installs a new dark ride in any of the parks. They already have purchased two, I wouldn't think they would go that far and switch to a new manufacturer. Especially considering recently how they've already started to bring consistency to the parks across the chain to develop the brand. Triotech in one place, Oceaneering or Mack rides in another? No I don't see that happening.

• Like 1

Perhaps KI could do what WDW is doing with the Eo theater in Epcot-utilize it for an extended preview of the upcoming Snoopy movie.  The "A" side of the theater hasn't been used in some time.  I would imagine everything is still there from when the dinos movie last ran.

• Like 2

One of the saddest parts about the ride is that way to often I hear people talking outside of the ride, passing by the ride, and stating "it's for kids".  No.  It's an interactive dark ride developed from Sally's "Ghost Blasters 2" model, and it's fun for everyone.  No, it's not a walk through haunted house, either.

• Like 6

One of the saddest parts about the ride is that way to often I hear people talking outside of the ride, passing by the ride, and stating "it's for kids".  No.  It's an interactive dark ride developed from Sally's "Ghost Blasters 2" model, and it's fun for everyone.  No, it's not a walk through haunted house, either.

I wonder if they actually rode it. They probably assumed it was for children just due to it's location. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had a great time today at Kings Island. Rode Boo Blasters 5 times and on about 3 times the guns actually worked. But many props were still broken. The smokescreen effect voice was on. I took many pictures of Phantom Theater remnants and things and even talked to a girl that worked there about it. I even found a new remnant. Heres the pictures of Phantom Theater remnants that I found today. First Maestros balcony

.DSCF1840_zpskmnehhyj.jpg

Next Spooky faces

DSCF1841_zps6vjqttw5.jpgDSCF1842_zpsq6woxfwt.jpg

DSCF1844_zpsdcctsj6i.jpgDSCF1845_zpsawaguydx.jpg

Heres a new face that I have never taken a picture of or seen since 2002,

DSCF1846_zpsd8g2qlkk.jpg

Boocifer

DSCF1847_zpsax5ms8zw.jpg

Maestro's Speaker thats still there.

DSCF1848_zpsonarhlfr.jpg

Phantom chandiliers

DSCF1853_zps8nsqb0np.jpg

More spooky Phantom Theater faces

DSCF1856_zpsmelbsmql.jpg

DSCF1857_zps484oh8qr.jpg

I also found out that the Maestro's platform where he stood and moved back the curtain is still there.

Heres what I mean pictures courtesy of DAFE.com and themeparkuniversity.com

pp07_zpsnsyjfabe.jpg

Screen-Shot-2014-10-21-at-10.37.38-AM_zp

Notice where he's standing on the platform it is still there and its the final remnant of Phantom Theater on the ride itself.

Here is my picture that I took today of it. Look at the picture at an angle and towards the right and youll see it.DSCF1859_zpsxni4vkcx.jpg

You see it? Yeah its pretty neat that Maestro's platform where he stood and pulled back the curtain is still there on the actual ride itself. If you want to see it just look down to the left right before you start Boo Blasters. I had a great time today at Kings Island and hope you enjoy all my Phantom Theater pictures. I love finding and taking pictures of that stuff. Thanks!

• Like 6

It could just be me. But my last ride on BBoBH was better than any other ride I have taken on it in the past 3 years. It seemed like a lot more things than normal were working (Help get away from me!) was running again. The guns aim and targets seemed to be working seamlessly. I scored over 2000 and my friend scored like 1500. Which is pretty difficult to do most of the time. I did notice the "his and her" ghost were still somewhat broken. But overall it was a good ride.

• Like 2

Sorry to everyone who wants a boat based dark ride, I just don't see it happening. That would be really expensive to remake the troughs for the boats to go through. Plus it would most definitely not fit in the current ride space, meaning they would be forced to go into the theater, haunt area, and backstage. Plus you got to think, this is an industry, profit must be gained. The more profit, the better. It would be much cheaper for them to use what they have.

After riding today, it seems I can withdraw my last statement. Tourist has broken yet again and on both of the times I went my normal gun spot (far left) did not work at all. I had to switch to the middle gun and manage to catch up to my opponent.

• Like 1

When trying to select a gun (since I'm usually riding alone, I have three to pick from), I've found that if you turn it to your face and pull the trigger (safety warning: never do with a real gun or taser ;)) there is a little red light that can give you an idea of whether it is entirely dead and how responsive it is to the trigger.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...