Fun Spot Orlando Announces Three New Attractions

Most go to Orlando to participate in one of the BIG 3, which multiplied out is closer to the BIG 10- or so. If you make it to Orlando and are looking for a local attraction with a significant pop, Fun Spot America (two locations in Orlando and Kissimmee). They are a local operation with bigger time asperations. They feature the worlds two tallest Sky Coasters (250' and 300' tall; by comparison, Xtreme Sky Flier at KI is 17 stories tall which I assume means 170').

http://thrillgeek.com/fun-spot-america-in-orlando-announces-three-new-attractions/

http://fun-spot.com/

Curious, has anyone been to?

• Like 3

I've been to the one in Orlando. I went in November. It's clean and nice, and both White Lightning and Freedom Flyer exceeded my expectations. It, like a lot of what you'll find on International Drive in Orlando or the main road in Pigeon Forge, feels like a side attraction that's riding the popularity of the big places, although Fun Spot is very nice for what it is. White Lightning puts Gwazi (even more) to shame, and the seemingly minimal restraints on Freedom Flyer make that ride (which isn't bad to begin with, for a family coaster) a lot more exciting. They also have a Zamperla Air Race that runs an extremely dizzying cycle.

Truthfully, there wasn't much there that appealed to me and/or was possible for me, a non-child who can't do too much spinning, to ride. The nice thing is that it's ticketed instead of pay-one-price, so you can pay for what you want. They do have wristbands, though. For me, it's a fun place to spend a couple hours after Universal closes--and obviously, I'm not the family demographic the Fun Spots are aiming for. The Space Invader ride looks like a fun addition; I'm sure it'll be a hit.

Next time I'm down there, I'll have to try the Fun Spot in Kissimmee. I've heard the Flying Scooters are pretty good.

• Like 1

Of course, now that I've mentioned the Air Race in Orlando, it's being removed:

10868176_10153525828016978_6144870713315

Photo: Fun Spot America's Facebook page.

We are sad to say that Air Race is being dismantled from our Orlando park. It has given us many maintenance problems and for the safety of our guests we are taking it out. We're keeping an eye out for a more in-ground permanent model instead of a portable one. In the mean time, stay tuned for Space Invader!

Hopefully Zamperla gives them a good deal on a permanent one.

EDIT: I also can't believe that, out of all this discussion of Fun Spots, I forgot to mention that the Kissimmee location also has a Skyline Attractions Strike-U-Up. As far as I know, that's the only one that currently exists in a park. So if you're considering visiting a Fun Spot and want to try a ride you won't find elsewhere, there's that.

• Like 1

I'll have to check it out! 9 bucks isn't bad at all.

Mutter. Mutter.

Terp, who remembers when Camden Park had free parking, admission was a dime, and Big Dipper rides were 30 cents. When the park first offered P.O.P. ( Pay One Price ), it was $3. After you paid your dime. Toilets 5 cents. Urinals free. To my knowledge, no woman sued alleging discrimination.

• Like 1

Toilets 5 cents.

Exactly how did this work? Did you have to pay before you could open the stall door? If so, what's to stop people from holding the door open to let the next person in? Or did you have to pay before you could flush? If so, how many people simply left their poop sitting in the toilet without flushing?

• Like 1