Changes to 2015 dining plans (Update: not happening)

malem

If that list is legit, I couldn't be more happy. There is actually some salads on there as well as some alternatives for sides such as apple slices. Just seals it even more that I will most likely be getting in on this plan again this year.

• Like 1

Call me stubborn but until I see it confirmed elsewhere by the park, Kings Island's Juke Box Diner is indeed participating in the dining plans.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/things-to-do/dining-plans (under "What Meals Are Available When Using A Dining Plan?")

Juke Box Diner
Located in Coney Mall

Dining Plan Options:
Bacon Cheeseburger & Fries
Chicken Tenders (3) & Fries
Hot Dog (1/4 lb.) & Fries
Chicken Sandwich & Fries
  • Like 1

^^ I doubt the pass infrastructure allows the platinum plan to be added at another park. In prior seasons, as I understood it, a passholder's master record lived only at that passholder's home park. A change at another park didn't propagate throughout the chain, except when it did.

The Cedar Fair gate admission system was explained to me in 2012, so its capabilities may have improved by now. I was quite surprised when they integrated the existing system (from Paramount Parks) alongside Accesso's online platform. From what I understand, Six Flags is using Accesso's systems across the board (online sales, park POS, turnstiles, Q-bot) with very few issues.

• Like 3

One thing that list brings to light is the fact that Soak City has some unique dining options not available in the main park. This is a bit annoying for me as I generally don't spend a lot of time in Soak City, and when Soak City is closed during the early and latter parts of the season, you can't get those options at all to my knowledge. I wasn't aware you could get bratwurst, Italian sausage, pasta salad or potato salad anywhere in the park.

• Like 1

There are now Platinum Dining Passes available. That's the question. Can it be added at a different park than where the Platinum Pass was purchased? And, if so, will it work reliably?

I can confirm that I added the 2015 Platinum Dining Plan at Kings Island to my Cedar Point - purchased Platinum Pass without a hitch (And for $99 versus the $120 now). Now if it all works flawlessly opening day is another question... I'll be taking my receipt to be sure.

• Like 2

Subway, Snake Pit, and several of the new healthy options are now showing on the website... maybe clear your cache? I'd do a screen shot of what I see, but not sure on how to get a picture uploaded on here since it wants a URL and I don't mess with that Photobucket stuff.

• Like 1

Pricing is subject to change without prior notice so one cannot definitively state whether or not the pricing will remain the same by the time you purchase a dining plan. Indeed, prices have already gone up since passes first went on sale last fall. I don't know what the KI plan was (probably $75-$80, now $96) but Platinum was $99 and is now $120, for an increase of 21.21%.

Edit: It looks like KI's plan was $81 before the price increase, for an increase of 18.52%.

• Like 1

Call me stubborn but until I see it confirmed elsewhere by the park, Kings Island's Juke Box Diner is indeed participating in the dining plans.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/things-to-do/dining-plans (under "What Meals Are Available When Using A Dining Plan?")

Juke Box Diner

Located in Coney Mall

Dining Plan Options:

Bacon Cheeseburger & Fries

Chicken Tenders (3) & Fries

Hot Dog (1/4 lb.) & Fries

Chicken Sandwich & Fries

As was mentioned after this post, the list where Juke Box is shown has not been updated since last year.

Old list: https://www.visitkingsisland.com/things-to-do/dining-plans

New list: https://www.visitkingsisland.com/things-to-do/dining-plan-locations

As was mentioned after this post, the list where Juke Box is shown has not been updated since last year.

Old list: https://www.visitkingsisland.com/things-to-do/dining-plans

New list: https://www.visitkingsisland.com/things-to-do/dining-plan-locations

I see that the two pages are in conflict but I don't know where else the latter page is linked from on KI's site. It's probably legit but either way it's misleading to have two different lists. Sigh, could Cedar Fair please learn to keep its websites updated and consistent? :(

• Like 3

The latter page (that includes Rivertown Potato Works, etc) is linked from the bottom of a paragraph on the page that talks about dining plans. I had trouble finding it too, but there is an actual link.

I've just got my fingers crossed that there is eventually some consistency between what is on the page(s), what they are telling CP Food Blog, and what the employees of the park are told. It's not rocket science, but for some reason it seems to be more difficult than one would assume. One should be able to go to guest services and get a printed menu of sorts, that lists what is available and where, and that could be used as a reference if random employee quibbles with apple slices vs fries, for example, but experience tells me KI will not make it that simple.

• Like 2

Now I see it.. I blame being exceptionally tired last night. On the first link, under the dining plan icons and before "Dining Plan Details", it says the following (with link):

Look for the Dining Plan symbol at participating locations throughout the park!

So the same page gives you one list and takes you to a completely different list. Yay consistency! :(

• Like 2

My biggest issue with the dining plan last year (beyond the inconsistent training and knowledge on what was included) was the inability to use it at the Snake Pit for a Philly cheesesteak. I loved those cheesesteaks in 2013, but never bothered to get one last year due to the dining plan. Looks like I'll be able to get them again.

Of course, the 2015 additions more than make up for it. Juke Box Diner's menu options (burgers, chicken tenders, hot dogs & fries) are offered in plenty of other locations.

My guess is that they want to reduce crowds there by having dining plan customers go elsewhere.

In my experience from last year, the three food locations with the longest lines were Chicken Shack, Hank's, and Juke Box Diner. Which makes sense since Chicken Shack was new for 2014 and promoted as part of the Action Zone improvements, and Hank's and Juke Box had the only Coke Freestyle machines in the park. I'm not surprised that Juke Box has been dropped from the dining plan, given the long lines and the availability of its offerings elsewhere in the park. Relieving the lines at Hank's and Chicken Shack is harder, unless they start selling Fast Lane for the food lines. (Would they call it a Fast Food pass? :P)

• Like 1

According to the current info on the website, they seem to have streamlined their offerings (less options at some places, but more places than last year).

Still doesn't perfectly match what CP Food Blog was apparently told, but it's getting closer, I guess.

Copied and pasted from https://www.visitkingsisland.com/things-to-do/dining-plans

DINING PLAN MEAL OPTIONS

Chicken Shack

Located in Action Zone

Dining Plan Meal Options:

Hand Breaded Chicken Tenders Basket with Fries or Apple Slices

Chicken Wrap Basket with Fries or Apple Slices

Coconut Cove Cafe

Located in Soak City

Chicken Tenders with Fries or Apple Slices

Chicken Wrap with Fries or Apple Slices

Pizza & Two Breadsticks

Coney Potato Works

Located in Coney Mall

Dining Plan Options:

Gluten-Free Chicken Tenders with Fresh Cut Fries

Gluten-Free Corndog with Fresh Cut Fries

Festhaus

Located in Oktoberfest

Dining Plan Options:

Chicken Tenders with Fries or Apple Slices

Burger with Fries or Apple Slices

Pizza with Two Breadsticks

Gluten-Free Pizza

Hank's Burrito Shack

Located in Oktoberfest

Dining Plan Options:

Burrito Basket

Burrito Bowl Basket

Juke Box Diner

Located in Coney Mall

Dining Plan Options:

Fresh Grilled Bruger with Fries

Chicken Sandwich with Fries

Hot Dog with Fries

LaRosa's Pizza

Located in Rivertown

Dining Plan Options:

Pizza Combo

Planet Snoopy Grill

Located in Oktoberfest

Dining Plan Options:

Grilled Chicken with Fries or Apple Slices

Cheeseburger with Fries or Apple Slices

Chicken Tender Basket with Fries or Apple Slices

Rivertown Pizza

Located in Rivertown

Regular 3-Way & Cheese Coney

Two Cheese Coneys & Fries

Rivertown Potato Works

Located in Rivertown

Chicken Chunk Combo with Fries or Apple Slices

Skyline Chili

Located in Coney Mall & International Street

Dining Plan Options:

Two Cheese Coney Basket with Fries

Snake Pit

Located in Rivertown

Dining Plan Options:

Philly Cheese Steak Basket with Fries

Street Pizza

Located in International Street

Dining Plan Options:

Pizza Combo with Breadsticks

Soak City Hot Dog Grill

Located in Soak City

Dining Plan Options:

Grilled Jumbo All-Beef Hotdog Basket with Your Choice of Chips, Pasta or Potato Salad

Grilled Bratwurst Basket with Your Choice of Chips, Pasta or Potato Salad

Soak City Wave Pool Grill

Located in Soak City

Dining Plan Options:

Grilled Beef Hamburger with Your Choice of Chips, Pasta or Potato Salad

Grilled Chicken Breast Basket with Your Choice of Chips, Pasta or Potato Salad

Subway

Located in Coney Mall or Soak City

6" Sub Combo with Chips

Dining Plan participating locations & menus subject to change without notice. Operating hours vary by location.

• Like 4

One thing of note: That list was copied from the "What Meals Are Available When Using A Dining Plan?" section of the page. If you look at the section immediately above that, titled "Where Can I Eat When Using A Dining Plan?", there is one additional location listed that is not on the list of individual menu items, and that is the Reds Hall of Fame Grille. I'm very curious to see what they offer on the dining plan there.

• Like 4

Good call, I hadn't noticed that.

I thought they really cut down the options at Skyline, but re-reading, it looks like someone erroneously put some of it under "Rivertown Pizza" (not to be confused with "La Rosa's Pizza: located in Rivertown", which is also listed).

Looking forward to trying a "Bruger" at Juke Box Diner ;)

• Like 3