Changes to 2015 dining plans (Update: not happening)

malem

I'm kinda surprised/disappointed they are removing the 3-way from the meal plan, it was usually option #1 from my daughter to eat there, but it's OK there is plenty of other options for food now.

And side note, nobody ever mentioned they were re-locating the Planet Snoopy Grill to Oktoberfest :P

I'm curious about the Chicken Shack. Does this mean I can't get the sandwich meal -- which was essentially the same thing, except the toast is used as bread -- as part of the meal plan? The reason I ask is because the description on what they offer at the Dining page is "Fresh hand-breaded chicken tenders, salads, wraps, all served with our signature sauce." No mention of the sandwich meal there either. So I wonder if it's generically lumped with the standard offering or if it's simply not being carried at all this year.

I'm kinda surprised/disappointed they are removing the 3-way from the meal plan, it was usually option #1 from my daughter to eat there, but it's OK there is plenty of other options for food now.

The 3-way and cheese coney meal, along with two coneys and fries, is listed under "Rivertown Pizza". Did they forget to proofread?

I'm curious about the Chicken Shack. Does this mean I can't get the sandwich meal -- which was essentially the same thing, except the toast is used as bread -- as part of the meal plan? The reason I ask is because the description on what they offer at the Dining page is "Fresh hand-breaded chicken tenders, salads, wraps, all served with our signature sauce." No mention of the sandwich meal there either.

I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped the sandwich from the menu completely. I don't think I ever saw anyone order it last year.

• Like 2

I ordered it. The chicken was just good, IMO, but the bread was AMAZING. I always got the sandwich, basically as a way to swap a piece of chicken for an extra piece of bread. I can't imagine why they would eliminate that option considering that a piece of bread is almost certainly cheaper than a piece of chicken, and it didn't require them to keep any extra ingredients around.

• Like 3

I ordered it. The chicken was just good, IMO, but the bread was AMAZING. I always got the sandwich, basically as a way to swap a piece of chicken for an extra piece of bread. I can't imagine why they would eliminate that option considering that a piece of bread is almost certainly cheaper than a piece of chicken, and it didn't require them to keep any extra ingredients around.

This is spot on. I ordered it several times last year and the sandwich meal was the way to go.

I suppose if they did remove it, I could just buy extra pieces of bread and a little tub of sauce and make it myself --

-- or just wait a couple of months until Raising Cane's opens up down the street. Passed by it this morning and it's looking real close, but anything less than open is just not close enough.

Joshua, who usually writes from the heart, but this time is writing from his stomach.

• Like 3

Given chicken's recent surge in popularity at fast food chains, combined with the price of this commodity dropping sharply, I would think that KI would allow it to remain on the dining plan. Both beef and pork are rising in price dramatically, so don't be shocked to see that burger or brat costing a bit more this year. Look on the bright side, though-summer gas prices are predicted to be the lowest in 5 summers, so that trip to and from the park won't put as big a dent in your wallet this season :)

• Like 4

So apparently Juke Box Diner has been re-added to the All Season Dining Plan.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/things-to-do/dining-plans

As others have pointed out, the list on the website still has a lot of errors, and they are aware it needs revised. The good news is Juke Box is scheduled to be added to the list, though the food offerings may differ from what is currently shown.

• Like 2

Used my Platinum dining plan 3 different times Friday and Saturday at Carowinds, The first time my pass wasnt even scanned and I had it held out , 2nd time it was scanned but didnt go through the system right (was given it anyway) The 3rd and final time it was scanned and went through with no problems

• Like 2

Well I just saw something interesting and disturbing. Looks like if you are doing the buy now pay later plan for your pass, you cannot add all season dining until it is paid off. I was able to add it last year on this plan. Also I renewed Nov 1st, which my pass won't be paid off until July. So wth???

172ccb455f572bdc3f4b3830c868f3fc.jpg

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

• Like 1

^ If you renewed on November 1, you have an installment plan instead of buy-now-pay-later. Your pass is fully active (and will remain so unless you miss a payment).

Those who bought passes with buy-now-pay-later (Nov 7 through the holiday season) weren't billed anything until this month. These passes weren't active until they were paid for.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I just walked past Chick Fil A and there are very clear notations showing it being on the meal plan with the symbol in the window and items such as the nugget meal marked with the dining plan symbol. Of course it's closed today so I couldn't verify. It's not really on the plan now is it??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thats great!  I love when they add more options.  Plus with Skyline, Chick-Fil-A and now Panda Express as well it really helps open up the dining options (and the lines).  By the time the end of the year rolled around last year, I had grown tired of some of the options..

I'm starting to feel better and better about not having purchased a meal plan yet...

Because they added more to the meal plan?

• Like 2

Ooh! Who wants to tell me what is included on the plans at Panda Express and Chick-Fil-A?

I had heard rumors about PE, but when I went by today didn't see any meal plan symbols on the menu (plus it was pretty busy).

Today I found out the mini corn dogs and fries at Rivertown Potato Works were included, and tried those. I know they had been listed on one version of the list back before they finally came up with the current printed lists (which don't include them as an option). When I asked opening weekend I was told the chicken bites and fries were the only thing available on meal plans.

I'm glad I got the plan, regardless of whether they keep changing up what is supposed to be included. I think I may have already paid it off if I had individually purchased each of the meals I've eaten so far this season. And everything I've had so far has been very tasty.

• Like 6

Ooh! Who wants to tell me what is included on the plans at Panda Express and Chick-Fil-A?

Chick-Fil-A is a sandwich basket or an 8 piece nugget basket. Panda Express isn't very clear but it at least the 2 entree and side combo, maybe the 3 is included as well but the symbol is above where they are both listed. 

• Like 4

Just remember that the dining plan can change at any time. I do believe the park is testing these locations to see if they can create more interest in the dining plan for season pass holders. Platinum pass holders now pay $129 for their dining plan , up $9 and Gold and Regular are still at $96. I tried to convince my girlfriend to add it to her season pass and for her kids also. Trying to sell her that's it's the best thing to do.

• Like 1

I'm from Kings Island, but I moved to Cedar Point. I am thrilled  that they made a platinum pass plan. I always try to eat as much Larosa's and Skyline as possible when coming back for a visit. I love the Larosa's meal plans but I am sad that they removed the three way from skyline. I can't really complain because Cedar Point doesn't offer any local food, just a bunch of grease. It will be convenient to not have to carry too much cash around now.

• Like 2